Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

TANKS OP RIP MAGES.

Creator: Napoleon D July 31, 2013 9:13pm
1 2
Napoleon D
<Member>
Napoleon D's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 31, 2013 9:13pm | Report
Magic resistance went from hard to itemize for to over powered.
Spirit Visage makes top lane Zac, Shen, Irelia unmovable from lane.
Spirit Visage was already a good item but now Riot has killed AP top laners with this item.

The Guardian Angel changes makes it a even better item.
Banshee's Veil is a better item now and is an actual item you buy if you want magic resistance.

I don't know if Riot was drunk when they gave Spirit Visage So many stats the other magic resistance changes and removal of bulwark is fine but overbuffing something like this simply kills AP top laners like Rumble, Ryze and Elise
i need to delete this account
Kazega
<Member>
Kazega's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 31, 2013 9:55pm | Report
What about the abundance of armor it's s that kills AD tops? Seriously compared to armor, MR is severely lacking when it comes to answers. Why would I buy chalice on Pantheon if I can't build it I to something that can be used effecting for him? Seriously my only MR choices were Bulwark or Visage. And since you only need one Bulwark, Visage was my choice when I wasn't jungling.
IAmByakuya
<Member>
IAmByakuya's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 31, 2013 9:57pm | Report
Kazega wrote:

What about the abundance of armor it's s that kills AD tops? Seriously compared to armor, MR is severely lacking when it comes to answers. Why would I buy chalice on Pantheon if I can't build it I to something that can be used effecting for him? Seriously my only MR choices were Bulwark or Visage. And since you only need one Bulwark, Visage was my choice when I wasn't jungling.

Randuims Omen kills adc power since way long ago
Gave you a good laugh or helped? rep+ so i can know ;)
]
Thanks to TinyStar, Jhoi, Xiaowi, Virus, Bard and Arcana(eww)...for my signatures!

Elohell is like Irelia's stun: if your real level is equal or lower than the level you are in, you're STUNNED there forever. If your actual level is higher than the level you are in, you're just SLOWED in your way up.
Napoleon D
<Member>
Napoleon D's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 31, 2013 10:26pm | Report
They gave Randuin's Omen a small nerf this patch
The difference between MR and AD defensive items is Get Spirit Visage and merc treads and your all set and compared to AD defensive items you need like 4 of them to not be damaged by Ad carries.
i need to delete this account
samgoeslol
<Member>
samgoeslol's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 1, 2013 6:09am | Report
lol ur kidding right?
those mr changes have a huge tradeoff. now there is no more op mr aura -> squishies are easier to assassinate.
Hey a tank speccing into full mr is hard to kill as apcaster boo fricken hoo lol. Spirit visage is a lil better now but im not sure about the cost efficiency.
What they did to mr is a great step in the right direction. Dpscasters will still be able to hurt tanks/bruisers and bursters sould never have been able to 1shot tanks.
maybe the numbers are a lil high but the idea makes perfect sense.
Laning against an elise/kennen/rumble without being able to properly itemize against their mpen. yeah thats way better lol
<-summonername on EUW: strawhatbro
check out my blog
+rep if you like my posts^^
watch my stream
follow me on twitter and facebook
GrandmasterD
<Member>
GrandmasterD's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 1, 2013 6:11am | Report
Double ap setups just got a huge boost, I expect to see that again.
BazHanso
<Member>
BazHanso's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 1, 2013 6:21am | Report
I think its good that they introduced these new items.
I actually lost games just cause my teams support didn't get a bulkward in time.
I think the armor/mr counterparts feels more balanced now.
Now more multiple Abyssal Scepter on the same team any more. :)
Thalia Kael
<Inhouse Addict>
Thalia Kael's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 1, 2013 7:00am | Report
1- Void Staff, Sorc Boots, Liandrys, Abyssal, Runes, Masteries

2- I found it unfair before that armor ad like 10 viable items that could be used on almost every character but MR had like 3 total real MR items and they barely gave anything plus 2 of them weren't very good on many champs and also there was no need for more than 1 bulwark. I miss FoN. The new spirit visage and banshee's remind me of it, so it's nice.
Thanks to FatelBlade, JEFFY40HANDS, Nyoike, TheNamelessBard, GrandmasterD, aviseras and koksei for the awesome signatures
luizdeh
<Member>
luizdeh's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 1, 2013 8:33am | Report
I'd like to see more MR items to be honest.

The removal of Runic Bulwark is actually beneficial to gameplay because if you didn't get one and the enemy team did, you were at a pretty big disadvantage.

And yes, Spirit Visage is top notch right now, but dude, that's what MPen is all about. Like Thalia said, you have a number of options to diminish the MR investment the opposing laner did. And from the three you've mentioned, only Ryze should have trouble with so much MR, since Elise has nifty %HP and both her and Rumble are usually building MPen items anyway.

So Spirit Visage counters Ryze top? Go mid. I doubt anyone will be building SV there.
samgoeslol
<Member>
samgoeslol's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 1, 2013 11:05am | Report
ryze wont mind mrstacking either since he deals sustained damage and can just compensate by doing another combo while your opponent just spent a ton of gold to get no offensive ability
<-summonername on EUW: strawhatbro
check out my blog
+rep if you like my posts^^
watch my stream
follow me on twitter and facebook
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide