Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Champion pick - top lane - S4 thoughts

Creator: eyegeye May 13, 2014 10:32am
eyegeye
<Member>
eyegeye's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 13, 2014 10:32am | Report
Hello every body

Does blue or pink side effect on ur champion pick ?

on LCS i noticed that teams play blue side have a pick and bans strategy to play and when same team play pink they change some of there champion picks .. and yes i knw its not all about pink and blue side its about team play ..

but my question is .. doen pink or blue side effect on ur pick decision ?

ty
Its nearly Time
Kazega
<Member>
Kazega's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 13, 2014 12:29pm | Report
Purple and Blue sides*

Anyway it doesn't normally affect how I ban that much. If I am feeling a little Jax-y I'll let him slip through to first pick him and ban a jungler instead. but I do ban him if I am on Purple side and if I don't feel like playing with him on blue side. He is just too good to pass up if he slips through banning phase. Either way I maintain that you should be able to do well against anyone, most times this just means not dying.
utopus
<Veteran>
utopus's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 13, 2014 1:30pm | Report
Yes, actually. Many teams in high ELO (by high ELO I usually mean >Diamond 3), the purple side has a great incentive to join top lane with their jungler and top laner and push the first two top lane turrets really hard.

Many purple side team members will take advantage of this and pick a bot lane that would normally struggle in a 2v2 bot lane scenarios, and thrive. Additionally, this sort of idea pressures top laners to choose champions that have are mobile, and have a strong early game
If I helped you out, be sure to throw me a +Rep!
-

My Soraka Guide | My Review Service

Thanks for the sig, MissMaw!
luizdeh
<Member>
luizdeh's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 14, 2014 6:35am | Report
No. Gotta learn how to play what I like regardless of sides.
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 14, 2014 10:05am | Report
It has much less of an impact on champion select outside of competitive play and ranked 5s. There's simply not the same level of coordination and planning in soloqueue.

Keep in mind that blue side (in draft pick of course) has first pick and can immediately secure a powerful pick that's left unbanned. Purple side gives up the opportunity to first-pick in favor of the second and third picks (often a few strong picks are left open, so purple secures more of them early) and last-pick and last-ban. Last-ban forces blue side to use up all their bans before seeing what purple is going to leave open, so you can occasionally surprise people. Last-pick can guarantee a strong matchup for your mid or top lane since the enemy team has to pick their entire team composition before your final pick.

With my ranked team I usually leave open certain picks that my mid laner or I play (Kassadin, Leblanc, Kha'Zix, Nocturne) on blue side since I can first-pick one of them. On purple side I ban more of the "OP" champions and pick two solid comfort picks usually in the first round (usually a support and jungler) in order to force the enemy team to show more of their team composition before our later picks. Sometimes teams will end up showing both of their solo laners before yours in an effort to secure strong champions, so you can pick good matchups in both solo lanes.

Also I like to use my first couple bans on more personal preference bans (champions that are unlikely to be banned by the enemy team) so that the other team feels pressured to ban all of the high priority picks. Rather than first-banning Jax, for example, I'll leave him to last because I expect the other team to ban him. This usually ends up making the enemy team ban the champions I want them to ban and perhaps not the ones that they wanted to.
Thanks to The_Nameless_Bard for the sig!

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide