Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Gunblade DFG Morde - 1 shot late game

Creator: Dat Teemo bro June 3, 2014 7:04pm
Dat Teemo bro
<Member>
Dat Teemo bro's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 3, 2014 7:04pm | Report
It seems that with the combo DFG -> IG -> GB -> EQ OR R its an instakill on any squish late. I played a game on morde today where I was 0/3 after lane and as soon as I got those two items I went ham. Of corse I was lucky enough to have galio and a braum on my team peeling for me, but even without them, my Morde was just insane in damage. I ended the game 20-7

My question is - would those two items on Morde make him a situational top pick (AOE comp, ect.)?
Kazega
<Member>
Kazega's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 3, 2014 10:48pm | Report
Deathfire Grasp > Ignite > Hextech Gunblade > Siphon of Destruction + Mace of Spades OR Children of the Grave

Since I am not a Morde player this is what's being combo'd for the other non-Morde players. Now onto Bussiness. THis also assumes that you will be in range to get this full combo off AND the ADC has no escapes available, which is highly unlikely. Although I don't know the range of Siphon of Destruction I imagine it isn't a very long range.

Mordekaiser has always been a cheesey pick to me. People who play him will mostly rely on the inexperience of the other player to snowball a lane and carry into team fights. in low levels this can work because Bronze and Low Silver leagues are such a disorganized mess that you can make due with something like this because more often than not the ADC will walk up to you and willingly offer their life to you.

The higher you go, the less often this will work because Morde has no gap closer to be able to take advantage of this combo anyway. Morde can walk all day but an ADC that can Kite is an ADC that will walk over an empty metal shell. This make Mids like Zed and LeBlanc who can close a gap quickly superior to Morde. As for top lane, This kind of build will render Morde extremely squishy himself, and naturally bulky top lanes will can easily bully him out of lane and fights, rendering Morde a non player in most cases.
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 4, 2014 12:09am | Report
While that is true, often DFG, Children of the Grave and Siphon of Destruction are enough to delete an ADC.

And, yes, the build makes him squishy, but he makes up for that in his passive, Iron Man due to it gaining shield from any ability damage you do, including the damage from your ghost. And if it's a fed ADC, you might as well just have an infinite shield.

Secondly, if you ult a tank, like Mundo for example, you drain a large percentage of his health into both your shield, and into your health bar.

But, you are right in that Siphon of Destruction isn't that long of a range. Most people don't know it though and will walk into its range anyway.

Thank you to jhoijhoi for the sig, and all the dividers in the guide.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide