Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Need tips from Platinum to Diamond!

Creator: ArgusGaming February 15, 2015 7:11am
1 2
ArgusGaming
<Member>
ArgusGaming's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 15, 2015 7:11am | Report
Hello, whats up you guys! I am Argus and currently in Gold 1, but soon in Platinum.
I was in Platinum IV last season, but it was kinda hard for me getting any further.

I will appriciate all the tips I can get from you guys. Videos also if you have any.
Vaan99
<Member>
Vaan99's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 15, 2015 12:10pm | Report
It's hard to give usual generic tips at that rating, it's easier to give someone in much lower Elo advices, because you can asume that almost everything they do is flawed, with many bad plays and decisions. However at bit higher rating I assume you have developed your skill.

It's highly personal, I suggest you to reflect on your games objectively, watch your replays or ask someone to do it for you (preferably someone who's better than you).

In my opinion you have couple options on your further improvement. You should detect your current strengths, are those your game knowledge, your mechanics, your knowledge of specific matchups, exceptional wave control and matchup knowledge?
After you determine your strengths, in my opinion you have 2 options: You can further develop your strengths and ignore your weak points, or you could focus on improving your weak points. After that you should seek information in high elo games, specific guides or streams, but most importantly, you need to learn it from your experience, which you gain by playing and actively thinking about it.

These are some of my thoughts on this subject, I had same thoughts some time ago and some self reflection helped me.
ArgusGaming
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 16, 2015 2:29am | Report
I can agree that there is maybe harder to give tips or guide someone that is already pretty high up in the ranking ladder.
Anyway, I feel that I got a really good game understanding. Mechanics are great, not with all champs, but most of them. As you said it could be what champs to pick in champs select and stuff. Sometimes I play with a Platinum II player (Ex Diamond III). When I play with him I feel I learn a lot more. I don't do bad, but I don't carry. Maybe this is something I should do more of.

I do mostly Ranked commentaries on youtube, so I sometimes watch them to see what I did good and bad, but thanks for that tip. I could maybe watch almost all of my games, and not just specific games. I think you had some really good thoughts here. Thanks a lot, Vaan99.
utopus
<Veteran>
utopus's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 16, 2015 2:34am | Report
Depends heavily on what role you play. What do you usually play?
If I helped you out, be sure to throw me a +Rep!
-

My Soraka Guide | My Review Service

Thanks a lot for the sig, jhoi! :)
ArgusGaming
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 16, 2015 2:35am | Report
I appriciate more tips from others if anyone would like to give me. Maybe there is something I have missed and it could be useful knowing ! :)
Vynertje
<Guide Critic>
Vynertje's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 16, 2015 3:18am | Report
Please be more specific in what you'd like to know. You don't go to a bakery too asking the guy to give you just any kind of bread that you might like either. If you ask for something specific you'll be sure to get some better advice.
Joxuu
<Fabulous>
Joxuu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 16, 2015 3:18am | Report
Hit me up with a video of your usual ranked performance and I can try to advice you.

"A person giving you advice isn't perfect and has their own shortcomings but they may give you the piece that you're missing."
ArgusGaming
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 16, 2015 5:00pm | Report
Thanks, guys. Understood the bread thingy.
Maybe this is a great example https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bf3StnTbAR4
Often I do good early. Don't say every match. But it gets harder and harder.
In this video I know that I was to greedy and went in when I shouldn't, but maybe you can say something anyway.

My best camps are Diana, Riven, Orianna :)

That means I am maining mid.

Tell me if there is something more you would like to know to make it easier to understand maybe what I need guide with.
Vorcia
<Member>
Vorcia's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 16, 2015 6:55pm | Report
There's no real difference between platinum and diamond, except diamonds tend to be less greedy and don't go on tilt as easily. In terms of mechanics and decision making, they're pretty similar, diamonds are just more consistent with it.
Joxuu
<Fabulous>
Joxuu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 16, 2015 7:37pm | Report
I don't play Riven or the mid lane (heh) but few things bothered me in the Riven video.

Your wave control was lacking. You had few times where you let Jax build up huge minion waves and you would go clear them while taking a lot of damage in return so the Jax felt more ease to go up and farm. Even tough I don't play Riven, I think you gave up too much respect for the Jax when he went up and farm and there were couple of times where you could have just killed him.

You should really consider just freezing the wave when the enemy is pushing towards your tower because you know he can't come up and farm because you got too much damage. What you ended up doing often is mindlessly shoving towards Jax's tower so he got full xp and gold from the minion wave. In return, you took ~200 dmg from minion wave.

I'll just point out stuff as they come to mind, lol. Next thing is your item build was lacking. I don't think the Hexdrinker did anything if you got caught under CC. Many team fights ended up with you getting CC'd and then you just died. QSS and/or Hexdrinker with Mercury's Treads would've been necessary. Second item you were really lacking was Last Whisper. I couldn't see late game items but at least during mid game, some of them had gotten Ninja Tabi + 2 armor items.

Your positioning and awarness in team fights also sort of baited your team in bad situations a couple of times. You left top with 5-1 but you ended up 5-4 really quickly in the team fights. You should consider Flash + E usage wiser cus you used your Flash a couple of times to greed for hard kills and your E to reach someone who was already coming out to you, so you never got the value of the shield. Flash is really necessary for Riven to dodge enemy front line but you often did not have it and you just died while confronting the enemy major CC dealers. You would've needed to wait for the CC to be focused on someone else.

This is the point what bothered me the most: You went to the top lane several times when there were nothing too useful to do. What you could have done is roam to mid lane, call your team to make plays since you were so much ahead of the enemy top lane that Jax would've been stuck there for ages. When you got the tower in the top lane and the minions were shoving hard towards Jax's second tower, you could have just roamed to dragon to force a team fight and just take the dragon.

I think that's most of it. Can't really give champion related or laning related tips for mid lane as I don't play the role at all but maybe someone else can help.

"A person giving you advice isn't perfect and has their own shortcomings but they may give you the piece that you're missing."
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide