Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

throwing in the towel early game. opinions.

Creator: itsaSwitch April 10, 2011 5:40pm
itsaSwitch
<Member>
itsaSwitch's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 10, 2011 5:40pm | Report
Im fairly enw to LoL and one of the issues iv'e ran into playing with other "noobs" (I don't mean to be cocky but some new LoLers are so much worse than i am) is teams throwing the towel really really early on. By this i don't mean a surrender vote but rather palyers mentally just lost sight of winning and instead fixate on other goals like killing a certain enemy champion. This really frustrates me especially when I or THEY are play a character that requires a significant amount of farm to heavily influence the game.

A recent exmple of this was when i was play ashe in a game earlier today. we had a ****ty early game, my team tower dived and gave up fb plus 2 kills at lvl 1... and they didn't even get an enemy near half health... anyways, this start SUCKED. despite this my team decided that early game we needed to put all of our efforts into killing ww becasue he had been ticing up his body count. of course this only fed him more. I did not fall into this mind set. instead i remained aware of the map using wards and my E to help my team aviod ganks and mainly farmed. i trierd to get my team to do the same but they didn't seem to understand the reasoning behind it. Eventually, by the time 6 of our turrets were gone, i was able to build some good items and enough armor pen to lead our team through 2 aces and eventually a win.

This beings me to my point, juste becasue a game has a bad start doesn't mean it's gg. It may seem like that at the time but adopting that mindset only feeds into youre chances of losing. Also i would like to point out that some champions can do alot for ther team with their abilities alone (ex: blitz) however many other characters, especially carries require alot of gold to be useful to their team. it takes time for item dependant characters to farm and develope significant damage or defenses. letting frustration get the best of youre logiclal playstyle will only feed the enemy more reducing youre farm and increasing the gap between you and them. instead you need to remember you are playing against HUMANS. just becasue they got a little fed doesn't make them god. play defensive concentrate on farming and keeping youre entire team alive with map awareness. if you do this long enough the enemy will mess up especially if they have overconfidence from a strong early game.
I'm pretty sure the reason my team won the game earlier was becasue the oposing team thought they were unstopable. this was true for a while but after i had finally built a few good items my dps agaisnt them (especially the tank due to ArPen) i think it really took them by suprise how fast my team dropped their health bars.

so what does everyone else think about this? are you quick to say GG when a noob gives up FB easily? this may not really be an issue in higher ELO play becasue people have a better understanding of the game but i get teh sense that many players get frustrated with a bad early game which can easily ruin youre whole game.
React
<Member>
React's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 10, 2011 5:51pm | Report
Ok... Have fun with your life...
Did I help you? If so +Rep me for a cookie...
>>My Referal Page<<
Also, Be sure to check out my Guides below:

Mowen
<Retired Admin>
Mowen's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 10, 2011 6:21pm | Report
You are right, a lot of people give up early when they still have a chance to win if they play smart. The problem being that the chance is small and they might rather just start a fresh game. I rarely surrender because there's always a chance to win, especially if me or a friend is playing a lategame character, or our team looks like it has stronger lategame. If the other team is focused on early/mid game, they could easily lose if they let the game go late, but a lot of people don't realize this because they just care about the score.
B-Wong
<Member>
B-Wong's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 10, 2011 6:36pm | Report
Depends on the situation. If it's something like team score is 2/15 and enemy Yi is 10/0, I really want to surrender. If it's 2/5 and Enemy Yi is 4/0 I think **** will be just fine. It's situational, again.

Ezrea1
<Member>
Ezrea1's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 10, 2011 6:59pm | Report
True. But it's a completely different story when your Xin Zhao is 0/7/0 and only has berserker's greaves 20 minutes into the game.

wRAth is b0$$ 4 making this sig
Read
<Member>
Read's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 10, 2011 7:22pm | Report
my favorite. nexus runners pisses me off beyong all get out
Join me, or fall forever
Kerstley
<Member>
Kerstley's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 11, 2011 1:26pm | Report
No reason to give in unless you have like 2 leavers.
Last night (I wa sin 5vs 5 with 3 of my friend on my team and our Singed and Veigar got raped in solo by a Nidalee. I was Ezreal and my one of my friends was Malzahar the Shen that was in my lane eventually just left so I was soling as Ezreal and I was doing fine naturally my tower went down because when my mana was gone not alot of I could to save it against Cho and Warwick. Top went down next then Middle. My friend rage quit for a few minutes and the other got disconnected Shen came back at lvl 3 when we were all 16-18. Singed came back and I was like it's cool Nidalee won't scale well soon she'll be useless and it happened she got weak and useless while me and Malzahar dominated their team.
12/1/17 Ezreal
13/0/19 Malzahar we carried the team to Victory and aced them 4 times. Afterwards Singed was like you were right I'm glad we didn't surrender (after they casted the vote 4 times I was one of the only that said no.)
I had another game just like that as Poppy and even though it was painful early Me and Kog'Maw were blasting away towers and ppl fast enough to win the game.

It's never too late to win it just gets harder unless you have 4 just god awful annoying terrible players which does happen. These are just last night I've had such painful epic wins before when the other team had all their towers and all we had was our Nexus towers. Good times.
animorte
<Member>
animorte's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 11, 2011 2:25pm | Report
I have often reverted to playing champions that could hold their own against multiple others (i.e. Jax, Olaf, Kin Zhao) just so I didn't have to worry about one or two fail-tards.
Personal habitual activites? Utilizing gargantuan idioms to fabricate intelligence.

"It's a colloquial shorthand that means the paradigm exists because of how the game works mechanically. Hence, "the Meta." Stop being a useless pedant." - PlayGooYa
Booshido
<Member>
Booshido's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 11, 2011 3:08pm | Report
Iknow most times my team can win even if were losing bad, but personally i'd surrender and start a new game, unless the game is very funny, mowen always presses No though ='(

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide