Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

7.4 Tier List + AMA

Creator: H4xDefender February 20, 2014 5:06pm
4307 posts - page 189 of 431
HiFromBuddha
<Member>
HiFromBuddha's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 14, 2015 4:23am | Report
TheKut wrote:
Leona has been favored quite a lot lately in LCS, is there a reason you have placed her so low?

Her main draw is her ability to get her ADC fed early game and make picks in the late. Sadly, Janna, Thresh and Morgana are very popular right now in solo queue and competitive for the former two, and they all have very good match-ups against her. They can render a Leona's initiation virtually nil wit their disengage. Also, if you want to make picks, then once again, Thresh and Nami outclass her because they offer more than Leona. All Leona really does is just go into a fight and maybe peel. Nami and Thresh can do all that on top of other things.

Honestly, I'd place her lower for competitive. The only really good match-ups Leona has right now is against Annie and Vel'Koz, both of which are decently popular in solo queue. Do pick her in those match-ups, you'll have a very fun time.

Thank you to MissMaw for the signatures!
NorthernRedStar
<Member>
NorthernRedStar's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 14, 2015 5:58am | Report

Her main draw is her ability to get her ADC fed early game and make picks in the late. Sadly, Janna, Thresh and Morgana are very popular right now in solo queue and competitive for the former two, and they all have very good match-ups against her. They can render a Leona's initiation virtually nil wit their disengage. Also, if you want to make picks, then once again, Thresh and Nami outclass her because they offer more than Leona. All Leona really does is just go into a fight and maybe peel. Nami and Thresh can do all that on top of other things.

Honestly, I'd place her lower for competitive. The only really good match-ups Leona has right now is against Annie and Vel'Koz, both of which are decently popular in solo queue. Do pick her in those match-ups, you'll have a very fun time.

Leona is good against Vel'koz? Are you kidding me? I make sure every Leona picker will have extremely painful time dying to my Vel'koz over and over again.
Signature byNatuhlee

HiFromBuddha
<Member>
HiFromBuddha's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 14, 2015 6:23am | Report

Leona is good against Vel'koz? Are you kidding me? I make sure every Leona picker will have extremely painful time dying to my Vel'koz over and over again.

While her lack of sustain means that she can struggle against poke if she plays poorly, champions like Vel'Koz, Annie and Sona can't handle an all in from Leona. Now, how about not nitpicking on such irrelevant minor details in a post and actually commenting on the entire content of the post. Good match-ups are match-ups that are favourable for one champion, they are not hard counters. All this emphasis on counter picks is incredibly overvalued within the community. A good player can beat someone who is playing someone with a good-match up against them.

If someone says counter, then don't take it so much to heart. Winning the game is based on player skill before champions picked.

Thank you to MissMaw for the signatures!
NorthernRedStar
<Member>
NorthernRedStar's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 14, 2015 6:31am | Report

While her lack of sustain means that she can struggle against poke if she plays poorly, champions like Vel'Koz, Annie and Sona can't handle an all in from Leona. Now, how about not nitpicking on such irrelevant minor details in a post and actually commenting on the entire content of the post. Good match-ups are match-ups that are favourable for one champion, they are not hard counters. All this emphasis on counter picks is incredibly overvalued within the community. A good player can beat someone who is playing someone with a good-match up against them.

If someone says counter, then don't take it so much to heart. Winning the game is based on player skill before champions picked.

Tru dat. Although I might as well add that Vel'koz can avoid an all-in from Leona pre-6 rather easily. As long as you avoid the ultimate you're fine.
  • Did I enlighten your eyes? Feel free to hit +Rep
Signature by Emikadon

Blian
<Member>
Blian's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 14, 2015 8:31am | Report
is Gnar a good pick in low elo soloQ?
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 14, 2015 9:16am | Report
Blian wrote:
is Gnar a good pick in low elo soloQ?

Probably not. He's ******ed good, but he can't single handedly carry a team of idiots.
Janitsu
<Moderator>
Janitsu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 14, 2015 9:40am | Report

Probably not. He's ******ed good, but he can't single handedly carry a team of idiots.

In low Elo everything's possible :^)
Thalia Kael
<Inhouse Addict>
Thalia Kael's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 14, 2015 11:34am | Report
My friends on skype told me to go ADC Annie on my gold smurf as a joke and surprisingly I ended up like 11/1/13 or something like that, so like Janitsu said, anything's possible
Thanks to FatelBlade, JEFFY40HANDS, Nyoike, TheNamelessBard, GrandmasterD, aviseras and koksei for the awesome signatures
Janitsu
<Moderator>
Janitsu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 14, 2015 11:42am | Report
And do I even need to mention sirelly vs vynnieboi (cait vs fiddle****s I reckon?)7

Thanks to OwenTheAwesomer for the signature =)
Blian
<Member>
Blian's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 14, 2015 12:41pm | Report
My friends on skype told me to go ADC Annie on my gold smurf as a joke and surprisingly I ended up like 11/1/13 or something like that, so like Janitsu said, anything's possible

man, you would love full ad leblanc :) so much fun!

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide