Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's second Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! 🏆
's Forum Avatar

7.4 Tier List + AMA

Creator: H4xDefender February 20, 2014 5:06pm
4307 posts - page 226 of 431
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 26, 2015 10:41am | Report
But if you stay with the AD, you don't ever deal any damage. With only Cosmic Binding doing damage, and not a whole lot, you're hardly useful in lane either. Magical Journey is only useful out of lane, to set up ganks.

I don't know, it just feels like he's not that good really.
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 26, 2015 10:46am | Report
I feel like he's probably the worst support in the game right now.
XeresAce
<Member>
XeresAce's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 26, 2015 11:01am | Report
He's bottom tier 3. Bought him, played him, he's really fun but also not influential at all. You can't put that much power into a passive which requires you to wander off away from your team, and without your passive stacking up quickly your damage and cc are practically nonexistent.

The best way I found to play him was to max shrines, place 2 or 3 down, go roam to get mana back, come back bot, repeat. If you max q you just don't do damage anyways, and the stun is too situational for it to work. It needs like a 50% range increase AND a damage increase. His chimes need to appear more often and in larger numbers. His shrine mana cost is a little ******ed but it seems fine due to chimes.

As for his ultimate, it has a lot of potential but is practically unusable. The travel time is ridicolous, the circle diameter is EXTREMELY big for a spell meant to only target a few people and the only real use for it right now is to stop ignites/karth ult/other periodic damage from getting the last tick on someone or just disengaging from a fight. It's a horrible initiation tool and half the league champs can dash out of it due to the extremely obvious range indicator /and/ painfully slow travel time. I dare you to try and catch out a kayle,graves,ezreal,aatrox,rumble...or anyone else with a speed boost/dash. You can only pick off special immobile cases like maybe Syndra, malzahar, kogmaw or like maokai but even then, the ap mages have luden's echo which makes it even harder to use to pick them off.

His e is good as a general mobility spell and the E>max range Q combo allows for some nifty escapes despite the fact that enemies can follow you. I think it would be good to make allies travel a little bit faster ( I already know they travel faster than enemies but the difference is very miniscule) and it would end up being great.
FalseoGod
<Veteran>
FalseoGod's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 26, 2015 11:06am | Report
I played him and feels he's underrated. Max W, leave and gank people post 3, return for the adc now and then (mostly to place W and dragon control). His ult a lot of uses: saving people, splitting the enemy team, picking up isolated targets, screweing enemy jungler while allowing yours to smite something,...

My biggest issue is the Q. Either needs more range or faster travel time. I feel his greatest weakness is, obviously, lane phase and the fact that he is 100% utility without many ways to make himself be the focus of damage (besides his global taunt passive)
XeresAce
<Member>
XeresAce's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 26, 2015 11:38am | Report
Pls how do you go and gank people when the second you're out of lane people instagib your adc? Also, in 90% of all of my games saving people from an enemies damage just meant I'd give the enemy time for their CD's to finish so they wound up getting a kill anyway ._. And it's so hard to /just/ hit an enemy, as you'd have to aim with the edge of the circle which will more than likely end up being a wasted ultimate.

I did ok with him in normals but people there didn't really give a **** and capitalize on my weaknesses. Definitely never taking him to ranked again until bufferinos :<
Thanks to GrandmasterD for the sig!
Embracing
<Crowd Favorite>
Embracing's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 26, 2015 11:43am | Report
If they fix his laning phase somehow I think he'd be gud
utopus
<Veteran>
utopus's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 26, 2015 11:47am | Report
I think his ult is really strong for picks, initiates, and team fight repositioning
If I helped you out, be sure to throw me a +Rep!
-

My Soraka Guide | My Review Service

Thanks a lot for the sig, jhoi! :)
FalseoGod
<Veteran>
FalseoGod's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 26, 2015 11:54am | Report
I've ulted people just at the edge so my people leave and theirs doesn't <.<

I think it depends on the laners. Bard can work vs poke botlanes, he's just really bad versus all ins because, well, they all in your carry as soon as you step out.

People could try laneswapping with him though, but that's definitely not soloQ material. I've already seen him in good hands and was very impressed.
MungoGeri
<Member>
MungoGeri's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 26, 2015 7:00pm | Report
Lugignaf wrote:
But if you stay with the AD, you don't ever deal any damage. With only Cosmic Binding doing damage, and not a whole lot, you're hardly useful in lane either. Magical Journey is only useful out of lane, to set up ganks.

You're also forgetting the slow that he can apply in a large cone once he's collected enough chimes. The key with Bard is to collect the chimes in batches while teammates are going back to base to heal, regenerate mana, or farm. Chime hunting then becomes Bard's form of farming and healing/regenerating. If Bard is constantly hunting chimes, then he's being played as badly as a jungler who only farms the jungle or a laner who only stays in their lane.

This is not to say that he's great. Bard still needs some additional tweeks to make him stronger with a more defined role in team fights. However, he's better than most people think.
Embracing
<Crowd Favorite>
Embracing's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 26, 2015 7:22pm | Report
If you're not backing when your laner is you're going to be severely behind in items. The W and chimes aren't enough to sustain Bard back to full health as well.

I'd be interested if any pro teams pick him up and force lane swaps, although that basically means you HAVE to lane swap for the duo to not be behind

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide