Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

7.4 Tier List + AMA

Creator: H4xDefender February 20, 2014 5:06pm
4307 posts - page 60 of 431
Cooper112
<Member>
Cooper112's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 22, 2014 5:14am | Report
Next patch is gonna be rise of tanks in jungle. For some reason when riot nerfs or buffs something it is always op they cant find a middle ground where alot of things are good or strong. So prob see rise of tanks and fall of elise, lee and all assasins in jungle.
Kazega
<Member>
Kazega's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 22, 2014 12:13pm | Report
Cooper112 wrote:

Next patch is gonna be rise of tanks in jungle. For some reason when riot nerfs or buffs something it is always op they cant find a middle ground where alot of things are good or strong. So prob see rise of tanks and fall of elise, lee and all assasins in jungle.

That's not really why Riot over does something. whenever they do do something like that, it is not in a so great a way that one thing becomes a "first order optimal strategy," or "this wins every single time so do it." Riot does a great job at avoiding this kind of thing. If one strategy is Overpowered for whatever reason, it is never going to be by so much that skill can't overcome it.

The Blizzard Anecdote
Aeadar
<Member>
Aeadar's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 22, 2014 2:46pm | Report
Are you going to change the support tiers due to the Ardent Censer, the supports with AoE heals/shields are much better now and shields with simultaneous shields w/ AA buffs( Lulu/ Janna) are very powerful.
DillButt64
<Editor>
DillButt64's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 22, 2014 7:35pm | Report
i wouldnt say buffs to some of the worst junglers as of right now is going to be the "rise of tank junglers" i would wait until they put out the golem changes before screaming something is OP
Thanks to TheNamelessBard for the signature
Jimmydoggga 2.0
<Member>
Jimmydoggga 2.0's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 22, 2014 8:14pm | Report
Any thoughts on Skarner atm?

Basically MOBAFire.
Janitsu
<Moderator>
Janitsu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 22, 2014 9:18pm | Report

H4x spotted

Thanks to OwenTheAwesomer for the signature =)
H4xDefender
<Veteran>
H4xDefender's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 23, 2014 2:48am | Report
Janitsu wrote:

H4x spotted

my team carried the *** outta me that game lmao

I've been spamming skarner, I plan to bring him out in play-ins. I think he is very strong. Stats aren't too impressive, but my KDA in these games is 4.5 which is pretty good. One of the losses is the one game I played him post "rework" when he was total garbage

Ardent censer is overrated as **** imo. Don't think it'll change much.

People play elise as a tank jungle most of the time, and lee sin doesn't mind going golem, or just full tank after elder lizard, they aren't going anywhere unless they get nerfed sorry to say. You tend to make a lot of claims that are unsubstantiated or just flat out incorrect, you should really research things before you bring them up lol.

Chogath sucks sorry. Hes ok in lane but falls off massively later because if he goes tank he isn't threatening to carries, and if he goes dmg he evaporates unless hes ahead, and hes pretty weak with 6 items in a teamfight compared to most other champs anyway. Also if you die lategame, GL getting back to 6 stacks, which greatly hampers cho, as if he isn't 6 stacks he tends to die easier which makes it even harder to restack. If you get caught without ult in a teamfight ur legit 100% useless.
MungoGeri
<Member>
MungoGeri's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 23, 2014 9:17am | Report
Kazega wrote:
That's not really why Riot over does something. whenever they do do something like that, it is not in a so great a way that one thing becomes a "first order optimal strategy," or "this wins every single time so do it." Riot does a great job at avoiding this kind of thing. If one strategy is Overpowered for whatever reason, it is never going to be by so much that skill can't overcome it.

I agree that they do a pretty good job with their balancing. What amazes me is how small changes can affect things. For example, I used to jungle Nautilus all the time, but when they lowered his shield damage just slightly, I suddenly wasn't getting as many kills while ganking, which meant I wasn't getting the gear I needed to tank well, and I started dying a lot more later in the game. Similarly, reducing Rammus's taunt from 3 seconds to 2.25 seconds really affected how effective he was. Small changes can affect things so much.
GrandmasterD
<Member>
GrandmasterD's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 23, 2014 9:39am | Report
MungoGeri wrote:

I agree that they do a pretty good job with their balancing. What amazes me is how small changes can affect things. For example, I used to jungle Nautilus all the time, but when they lowered his shield damage just slightly, I suddenly wasn't getting as many kills while ganking, which meant I wasn't getting the gear I needed to tank well, and I started dying a lot more later in the game. Similarly, reducing Rammus's taunt from 3 seconds to 2.25 seconds really affected how effective he was. Small changes can affect things so much.

You mean you thought they were small changes. Maybe Riot thought so as well and had no idea what kind of impact it would have (my money's on that tbh). Furthermore, I do not think that Riot does a good job at balancing at all. They just keep nerfing whatever is popular, fail to foresee consequences, act too late on balacing catastrophes (e.g. Cleaver incident, Kassadin, Braum), and they seem content with only 15% of the champions - which is probably generous - seeing competitive play.

I honestly think that Riot does not have a clue with what they're doing. Before I could blame it on them being fairly inexperienced but right now there's no longer an excuse. LoL has grown to be one of the most popular games out there, Riot has earnt plenty of money as a result, and they've been working with and on the game for years now so I definitely expect something better.
Nebrasketball
<Inhouse Regular>
Nebrasketball's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 23, 2014 10:44am | Report
People underestimate how difficult it is to balance 100+ champs. Blizzard can't even balance 3 civs

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide