Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Meki Pendant vs. Dorans

Creator: Illuvitarian September 1, 2011 7:41am
1 2
Illuvitarian
<Member>
Illuvitarian's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 1, 2011 7:41am | Report
So I've been alerted to some pretty decent players knocking meki pendant starting item.

I Love starting with meki pendant for the following reasons: meki + 2 hp pots forever sustain and constant pressure, meki + 1 hp and 1 mana pot for Super spam harrass, meki + hp pot + ward for hard harass plus pushing plus being safe from ganks.

There are so many viable uses for it if you are especially getting mana % items or facing a big ap heavy team. Don't get me wrong it's not an every game thing and dorans items are great as well as boots builds plus pots if your conservative, but I don't like hearing that I'm dumb for starting with the ol'

Can I get a hell yea or some comments regarding your opinions

The only thing that bums me out sometime about not getting a dorans item first is I can't sell it later when I'm needing that little bit of extra gold to finish an item

+rep me if you like what I got to say. Semper Fi!

TheJohn
<Editor>
TheJohn's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 1, 2011 5:11pm | Report
Meki is fine, the regen is welcome when your champion spams skills, like Orianna or a support.
Dorans has its advantage too, they give HP, a nice start attribute (AP, def or AD) and another option (HP regen, Mana regen or lifesteal). Its a 3-on-1 item.

Its all your choice. I generally get the recommended xD, i'll end selling dorans or upgrading meki.
Joobieo#41288
<Member>
Joobieo#41288's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 1, 2011 5:53pm | Report
Meki + Health pot is the way to go.

Just makes it easier for you to farm and stay in lane. Which is what you need to do early on. Unless your super aggressive go for the dorans.
Current Solo Q Elo = 1405+
Active United States Marine
Malzahar - Ranked Mini Guide / Build
Kassadin - Ranked Mini Guide / Build
Maphis
<Member>
Maphis's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 1, 2011 6:18pm | Report
Point is you can't build meki into anything usefull besides tear and there are only a few champs who can fully utilize that item. If you want sustain in lane then just get a philo stone and spam less spells early game.
JunSupport
<Veteran>
JunSupport's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 1, 2011 6:19pm | Report
Meki Pendant is cheap enough to let you buy 2 potions as well.

Doran's items were specifically nerfed so you can't buy potions with them anymore.

On a caster type champion, Meki Pendant can be a very good choice if you want to be able to harass or farm more with your abilities.
Of course, it also means you have to end up buying a Tear of the Goddess or Fiendish Codex. But, also consider that you'd be selling back a Doran's Ring anyway later on, and Health Potions are superior quantities of effective health if you play safely. (Doran's ring gives 100 health extra, while potions allow you to recover 200 hp each. The only dilemma is deciding is 15 AP is worth trading for 200~300 hp)

It's a matter of deciding what item will get the job done.
~ Gentlemen Cho'Gath ~
┌──┐
┴──┴
< ಠ,....,ರೃ>
~ Keeping this sig classy ~

Guides of Mine - Click the... Eh... Come back later

~Undergoing barbaric-Destruction, tasteful-Renovation, and blasphemous-Reconstruction soonâ„¢~
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ ┬──┬ ノ( ゜-゜ノ)
VoiD
<Member>
VoiD's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 1, 2011 6:21pm | Report
I'd rather go Dorans Ring, Mana Crystal + 2 pots, or boots + 3 pots.
XnMiller
<Member>
XnMiller's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 1, 2011 6:22pm | Report
Doran's is all I use on Brand. I get Tear after basic boots though. Then begins the reign of terror.
PotatisFarfar
<Veteran>
PotatisFarfar's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 2, 2011 3:24am | Report
Problem is

Mana crystal > meki.
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 2, 2011 3:46am | Report
Meki+2pots is fine if you're going for an early Tear, but Boots+3pots or Doran's Ring are better in most cases.

@Potatis
Not really.
It takes 2.4min for Meki to give more mana.
"If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

"I contend we are both atheists, I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours." - Stephen F Roberts
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 2, 2011 3:48am | Report
XnMiller wrote:

Doran's is all I use on Brand. I get Tear after basic boots though. Then begins the reign of terror.

Pfft.
Tear on Brand.
You so funneh.

Need mana on brand? ROA

Btw, Boots+3pots is usually better than D Ring on brand.
"If someone is ****, you point at them and declare "****!". Because this is the internet." - Serpentiferous

"The Internet: where men are men, women are men, and little girls are the FBI." - ???
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide