Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Dominion Turrets are useless

Creator: iEdgecrusher September 24, 2011 11:46am
1 2
iEdgecrusher
<Member>
iEdgecrusher's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 24, 2011 11:46am | Report
They need to do something about them attacking more often or take them out completely because you get no help what so ever from them. Even with the new spell.

Thanks to TheSoupKitchen for this awesome sig!
theBMB
<Member>
theBMB's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 24, 2011 11:53am | Report
actually, the turrets can be pretty deadly. Let me give an example. Say you're master yi and you're backcapping a point. Then gp use his ult on you. Your channeling gets interrupted and the turret starts hitting you. Then someone from the enemy team comes to attack you, you stay and fight, underestimating the damage from the turret, next thing you know, you're dead. This happened to me a few times, basically rule of thumb here is, if you're the only one capping a turret and your cap gets interrupted, just gtfo, the turret damage adds up quickly if you don't pay attention to it.
I noticed a lot of times that even when you have 3 people at a turret, everyone will start fighting instead of starting to cap the point, meaning the turret is firing at you through the whole thing. Always make sure there is one person capping the point to prevent it from firing on your team.
letsgoROSH
<Member>
letsgoROSH's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 24, 2011 12:03pm | Report
Yeah, he's right. Its just they SEEM almsot useless, but they are actually really helpful for stuff like that. Or if you have like Jack In The Boxes, or shrooms, Nidalee's traps, or any long lasting DPS can really annoy people, disrupting their cap and allowing tower to hit them
Want an awesome Phoenix Udyr jungle guide? CLICK HERE

Also, if I helped you out, don't forget to +Rep me! :)
theBMB
<Member>
theBMB's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 24, 2011 12:18pm | Report
ya the worst thing is that if you're stunned by something like Dazzle, interrupts your cap AND lets the tower hit you one or two times.
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 24, 2011 1:04pm | Report
Erm, I actually find them pretty helpful. Granted they're probably not as good as the SR ones, but I don't think they're meant to be.
TheJohn
<Editor>
TheJohn's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 24, 2011 2:58pm | Report
They aren't meant to be strong, but to have a way to keep enemies away from it and your team.
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 24, 2011 4:15pm | Report
Turrets actually deal about the same damage as they do in summoner's rift, you're just able to interrupt them here. But if they aren't interrupted you're in for a ton of damage.
"We've had a few gloomy years with bad console ports, and what do we get in the light at the end of the console-tunnel? A tablet OS ported to PC." - Atlas Tasume, on Windows 8
Calibern
<Member>
Calibern's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 24, 2011 4:17pm | Report
Searz wrote:

Turrets actually deal about the same damage as they do in summoner's rift, you're just able to interrupt them here. But if they aren't interrupted you're in for a ton of damage.

Actually they attack slower than regular turrets. At SS it takes targets on you instantly but on dominion the stall before targeting. Also their attack animation is slower.
Xin Guide
Clicking the Rep button will end the world, do not click it! (Reverse psychology FTW)
Thank to AlexanPT, JakofAllSpaydes,JEFFY40HANDS, KingCasanova and reppinFTC for the amazing signatures.

Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 24, 2011 4:21pm | Report
They might have slower attack speed, but the animation is about the same.
I think they have a little shorter range too.
"Well, basically you should treat me like a prostitute." - TotalBiscuit
PotatisFarfar
<Veteran>
PotatisFarfar's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 24, 2011 7:42pm | Report
I think the towers are fine.
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide