Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

A Flash Free Season Three!

Creator: GrandmasterD October 28, 2012 10:15pm
Flash is a broken spell and just an excuse to make bad plays/decisions!
caucheka
<Veteran>
caucheka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 28, 2012 10:57pm | Report
like it or not flash is here to stay. theres a reason they didn't put it on an item.

is flash frustrating? of course it is. but its just something you're going to have to deal with.
I like things that make me feel stupid. - Ken Levine
GrandmasterD
<Member>
GrandmasterD's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 28, 2012 11:01pm | Report
caucheka wrote:

like it or not flash is here to stay. theres a reason they didn't put it on an item.

is flash frustrating? of course it is. but its just something you're going to have to deal with.

Things can be changed.
Temzilla
<Member>
Temzilla's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 28, 2012 11:03pm | Report
I, as a pretty decent player, consider Heal as a stupid and frustrating summoner spell. You can outplay people as hard as you want but it doesn't matter because they have Heal. One could argue that it is all part of the game but even if so, it is a part that I seriously dislike.

I, as a pretty decent player, consider Cleanse as a stupid and frustrating summoner spell. You can outplay people as hard as you want but it doesn't matter because they have Cleanse. One could argue that it is all part of the game but even if so, it is a part that I seriously dislike.

I, as a pretty decent player, consider Exhaust as a stupid and frustrating summoner spell. You can outplay people as hard as you want but it doesn't matter because they have Exhaust. One could argue that it is all part of the game but even if so, it is a part that I seriously dislike.

Shall I continue?

Flash is something that is part of the game, and you really just have to learn to abuse it harder than the enemy.

Yes, you can flash away, but you can follow up that flash with your own, or just keep them stunned/silenced so they can't flash.
Tri lane for life.
Vavena
<Member>
Vavena's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 28, 2012 11:12pm | Report
Oh god no, not having flash as an ADC main is just asking for trouble in late-game fights.
GrandmasterD
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 28, 2012 11:18pm | Report
Temzilla wrote:

I, as a pretty decent player, consider Heal as a stupid and frustrating summoner spell. You can outplay people as hard as you want but it doesn't matter because they have Heal. One could argue that it is all part of the game but even if so, it is a part that I seriously dislike.

I, as a pretty decent player, consider Cleanse as a stupid and frustrating summoner spell. You can outplay people as hard as you want but it doesn't matter because they have Cleanse. One could argue that it is all part of the game but even if so, it is a part that I seriously dislike.

I, as a pretty decent player, consider Exhaust as a stupid and frustrating summoner spell. You can outplay people as hard as you want but it doesn't matter because they have Exhaust. One could argue that it is all part of the game but even if so, it is a part that I seriously dislike.

Shall I continue?

Flash is something that is part of the game, and you really just have to learn to abuse it harder than the enemy.

Yes, you can flash away, but you can follow up that flash with your own, or just keep them stunned/silenced so they can't flash.

First of all, you shouldn't consider yourself a decent player if you consider Flash to be of the same value as Heal, Cleanse and Exhaust. Second, Heal is countered by Ignite, Cleanse isn't by far as powerful as Flash and Exhaust is countered by Cleanse.

Flashing an enemy Flash is next to impossible as a blink is instant. Even Kassadin's Riftwalk has a casting time! A Flash + Curse of the Sad Mummy isn't Flashable unless you Flash before he does.

Think twice before you start comparing summoner spells and to answer your question: No you do not have to continue.
GrandmasterD
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 28, 2012 11:18pm | Report
Vavena wrote:

Oh god no, not having flash as an ADC main is just asking for trouble in late-game fights.

That should sound like a challenge! ;)
KoreanSP
<Member>
KoreanSP's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 28, 2012 11:32pm | Report
It'd be devastating to remove it. Perhaps nerf it? There are various ways to change it. Implement more summoner spells, make it longer CD, make it only usable for a few walls/remove the ability to jump walls larger than the indicated range. In the current game, so many champions rely on it, and it is a play-making element as much as a play-ruining one.

I do agree it can be frustrating but it also allows for much variance in gameplay, and I believe that is what makes Flash worth it in not just LoL, but most, if not all MobA type games. I use to an avid hater of Flash, but as I started to play more games where Flash became crucial to make plays and add in an offensive element - I appreciated much more.

So no, I disagree with Flash being taken out. Nerfed? Perhaps. Maybe a slight change. Your item suggestion isn't too bad of an idea albeit a bit extreme. It's also hard to implement such a huge change abruptly.

As for your challenge, best of luck. It's doable no doubt, after all some champions don't use Flash such as Olaf and Singed, and I'm sure several more. Just apply the same to all the champions.
#2 Comprehensive Solo Top Olaf Guide

#3 Alistar Guide Comprehensive Alistar Guide

Gladly will help out anyone as well. PM me to check out a guide, or anything! Plat player - Top Lane main.
MrCuddowls
<Member>
MrCuddowls's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 28, 2012 11:45pm | Report
I VOTE FOR BLINK DAGGER
tehAsian
<Veteran>
tehAsian's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 28, 2012 11:48pm | Report
I wish you good luck :3

I'd like to do this too, but I'm going to seriously tryhard in ranked in S3.
LaCorpse's Signature Cafe

Thanks to Keondre, JhoiJhoi, Xiron, and Arcana3 for the Sigs~!
Mooninites
<Member>
Mooninites's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 29, 2012 12:15am | Report
I think removing flash would make champions with gap closes/escapes/etc even more valuable than they have already become. Some champions would become significantly weaker on this basis alone, I don't think taking flash out would be good for the game, unless you plan on making a number of champions suddenly non-competitive
Thanks for the Signature MissMaw!

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide