Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

A New Champion Approaches: Orianna, The...

Creator: Trojan995 May 26, 2011 12:02pm
1 2 3
Trojan995
<Veteran>
Trojan995's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 26, 2011 12:02pm | Report
Lore:

There once was a Piltovian man named Corin Reveck who had a daughter named Orianna, whom he loved more than anything else in the world. Though Orianna had incredible talent for dancing, she was deeply fascinated by the champions of the League of Legends. This fascination compelled her to begin training to become such a champion. It is unfortunate that her sheltered, wide-eyed naivete led her to take unnecessary and dangerous chances which ultimately led to her tragic demise. Orianna's death shattered Corin, driving him into deep depression and an obsession with techmaturgy. He could not stand the void his daughter's death left in his life, so he decided to build a replacement – one that would complete Orianna's dream of joining the League. What was created is the clockwork killing machine that Corin named after his daughter. Knowing that she was destined to be a champion and seeing the way the times were changing, he created The Ball as her pet and protector. This nearly symbiotic creation uses a different type of techmaturgy, relying more heavily on electricity than clockwork.

Orianna and The Ball now fight as Champions in the League of Legends, using the Clockwork Girl's sometimes misguided morality as a compass. She tries in earnest to fit in with those around her. However, no matter how hard she tries, Orianna can never be human and there is always something unnerving and alien about her. Though she attempts social interaction with other champions in the League of Legends, there are few who can get past her exotic nature. To many, it's as if there's nothing inside, that Orianna is just a soulless clockwork shell – a dangerous and deadly one at that. However, all along she remains the perfect daughter in her father's eyes.

“Dance with me, my pet. Dance with me into oblivion.”

Abilities:

Passive – Clockwork Windup: Orianna’s autoattack deal additional magic damage every hit, subsequent attacks on the same target within a few seconds will add more damage per hit. This bonus stacks up to three times.

Command - Attack: Orianna commands her ball to fly towards target location, dealing damage to targets hit but doing reduced damage for each additional target hit. Her ball remains behind at that location afterwards.

Command – Dissonance: Orianna commands her ball to emit a magnetic pulse, dealing damage to units around it. Afterwards, the ball leaves a field behind for a few seconds that speeds up allies and slows enemies.

Command – Protect

(Passive): The allied champion the ball is attached to gains bonus Armor and Magic Resistance.
(Active): Orianna commands her ball to fly to and attach onto an allied champion, dealing damage to enemies it passes through and shielding the allied champion when it arrives.
Command – Shockwave: Orianna commands her ball to emit a shockwave after a short delay, flinging affected enemies in the vicinity into the air a set distance towards, and possibly over, her ball.

What do you guys think about her? Day 1 buy for me IMO, as long as you can last hit with her ball >:-D
Click for one of my awesome builds!
Thanks to Mowen, WrATHofVuLK, and AlexanPT for the signatures! Check out Tristana: The Lane Game, Maokai: The Chu8 Way, and Twisted Fate: Card Games!
Ya1232
<Member>
Ya1232's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 26, 2011 12:09pm | Report
Seems like a really cool champion, but will take alot of games to really get it all down. Im excited!
Wintermond
<Member>
Wintermond's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 26, 2011 12:12pm | Report
She will be ignored, her Abilities are just way too Boring.

El Psy Congroo.

|You can't spell slaughter without laughter.|

Rudmed
<Editor>
Rudmed's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 26, 2011 12:23pm | Report
That picture is not what I thought she would look like at all.

Though I'm kinda curious of what kind of power she will bring to the table.
PotatisFarfar
<Veteran>
PotatisFarfar's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 26, 2011 12:32pm | Report

Seems like a fun hero ;) Ofc a buy
caucheka
<Veteran>
caucheka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 26, 2011 12:37pm | Report
mhm she does sound really cool
I like things that make me feel stupid. - Ken Levine
Zeprido
<Ancient Member>
Zeprido's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 26, 2011 12:47pm | Report
Xypherous on Orianna (After informing that if Orianna is 1124 units away from Orianna it will return to her)

1. If the ball was 1124 units away, could you use her Q ability to send it further than that before returning?

No, Q's command radius is somewhere around 900. If the ball is 1124 units away, you can only command it (with Q, at least) to 900 units around Orianna.

2. Or command attach it to a unit beyond that distance before returning?

Attach will follow the same rules as normal leashing. If they move outside of 1124 units, the ball will leash.

3. Or are the range of all ability commands confined within 1124 units (or less)?

Effectively, that's what the leash does. There's a little bit of leniance with the shockwave ultimate, as there is a windup.

4. Can you send The Ball from 0 to 1124 units with the Q ability once?

No. The effective command range on Q is sub-900.

5. Can you control the distance traveled with Q (see Shen's taunt).

Yes. You have a circular cast and can place the ball anywhere in that range.

6. Are the cooldowns short? It sounds problematic for Orianna if she can't cast her abilities quickly.

Her core ability (Q), goes down to around 4 second base cooldown.

Does the ball give her vision ?

The ball does have a small vision radius around it.

Will ball give vision in brushes?

Yes.

Does the ball take damage just as Orianna would or is it essentially impervious

The ball is unstoppable! RAAWWR.

It can't be targetted or damaged by spells or effects. Killing Orianna or pushing her 1124 units will cause the ball to leash (or dissappear.)

The attack's starting point comes from where the ball is resting.

ALL of her spells originate from where the ball is resting, no matter whether it is on an ally, out in the field, or attached to her.

She is a Mana Champion.

She's more mana-limited than cooldown limited at this point.

She doesn't have a defensive steroid, the protect command is a shield. The defense is a passive and is always on, assuming the ball is attached to an enemy champion.

She can target herself with the shield, yes. In fact, you do this as a secondary method of moving the ball (return to self.)

She has around most normal mage's autoattack range.

Her passive does have an AP ratio.

The ball doesn't have a timer. As long as you are nearby, it will happily stay there.

Granted, when you don't have the ball, you can't really affect anything around Orianna, so word of caution there.

Command Attack is slightly slower than most of our skillshots. Command Protect is slightly faster than most of our skillshots.

DISCLAIMER, the following has nothing to do with canon lore: Personally, though, I should call the ball Myon, or something.

All of her ability origin points are centered are from where the ball is.
That means if I leave the ball in a brush, my 'W' will be cast from where the ball is. If I leave it there forever, that means that if the opponent decides to attack Orianna herself, I can't hit them with 'W', because the 'W' is in brush and nowhere near me.

She has no *one* escape skill, but if you combine 'W', 'E', and 'R', you can pull off some impressive escapes.
Zeprido is currently:Online
If I've helped you at all in any way, or you really like my post click that +Rep button =)
You can always call me Zep for short =D
Feel free to private message me with questions/concerns or if you just want to chat =)
Zeprido
<Ancient Member>
Zeprido's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 26, 2011 1:01pm | Report
More Xypherous on Orianna (since other post was getting so ridiculously long, I'll come back and edit it for consistency later)

Her damage is closer to Annie than Janna, although I'm still tweaking the numbers. The goal is to be a mage first.

Sorry, her last ability (Command: Shockwave) is her ultimate, my bad on that ability preview.
The ultimate works somewhat like an AoE singed fling.

After a short delay (15 frames or so), the ball pulls all enemies in range X units towards the ball. If they are on the far edge, they will end in the middle of the circle. However, if they are very close to the circle, they get flung over to the far edge.

The end result of this, is that if you get the ball between two enemy champions, they will effectively swap their positions.

The range is somewhat smaller than our huge AoE channel ults, slightly smaller than Galio's ultimate, I think.

The ball follows the attached teammate until they move out of range, you move it with Q or another attach.

If it is attached to Orianna, she gains the passive bonus. If it is on an ally, they get the passive bonus. If it is out in the field, no one benefits.

And yes, you can attach it to your tank to give them the defense boost. Then active the ultimate once they are on the enemy team. But I think you're forgetting one skill in that combo..
Zeprido is currently:Online
If I've helped you at all in any way, or you really like my post click that +Rep button =)
You can always call me Zep for short =D
Feel free to private message me with questions/concerns or if you just want to chat =)
wRAthoFVuLK
<Altruistic Artist>
wRAthoFVuLK's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 26, 2011 1:37pm | Report
haha she looks awesome, now I kinda regret spending my remaining RP on that new MF skin and the Marble Malph out of being impatient that I was originally saving for a skin for her D:

Oh well, I'll just buy more RP :DDDD

Thanks to TRUeLM, Plastictree, Scrax, Xiaowiriamu, foggy12, JahGFX, jhoijhoi, msrobinson, JEFFY40HANDS, Nyoike, MissMaw, and me :) for the sigs!
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 26, 2011 1:47pm | Report
I don't really like the model but, I like how she and her concept is turning out.
True love is found only in yourself.
1 2 3

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide