Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

A Newbies guide for Newcomers

Creator: MyBloodisBlack September 1, 2013 10:36am

This thread is locked

PLEASE NOTE: This thread has been locked by the moderators. You cannot reply to it.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7
MyBloodisBlack
<Member>
MyBloodisBlack's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 1, 2013 2:09pm | Report
I take advice when its given to me...

If its actually any good :P
"The Wolf eyes the Prey, The Cow eats the hay, One of them is a killer, The other his buffet"
Thatdudeinthecotton's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 1, 2013 2:15pm | Report
Just gonna say, you shouldn't close a forum just cause someone disagree's with your opinion (even if they were rude about it). Also +reps are pretty uncommon to begin with :)

Agree with most of your points, though it might need saying (even if its obvious) that before you go for ranked play, one should get accustomed to regular pvp.
XeresAce
<Member>
XeresAce's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 1, 2013 2:15pm | Report
Quoted:
pushing yourself to the point you begin to hate playing the game

I'm afraid that's obligatory if you wish to improve your game :(

Also, in my humble opinion playing vs bots is fine if you wish to either improve your mechanics with certain champions (managing twisted fate's cards, viktor's Death Ray, practicing tristana's Rocket Jump(so you don't end up in a wall) or nidalee's Pounce etc) or improve your csing due to the unique auto attack animation of certain champs, otherwise it's better to gain experience against real players. (even if intermediate bots tend to be more difficult than normals from time to time >_>)
Thanks to GrandmasterD for the sig!
sirell
<Member>
sirell's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 1, 2013 2:41pm | Report

You may learn your champions mechanics better or more likely you will fall flat on your face, get easily killed, probably have your team mates telling you that you are a feeder and to report you...you make the mistake of assuming people care if you are new to a champion or not.

That's more indicative that you actually care what other people think. If you don't give a **** about being flamed and abused in the process of your learning a champion in normal games, then none of what you say actually matters. In addition, you can use the mute button. If you wish to learn the mechanics of a champion, I'm all for starting a custom game and seeing how the abilities work, but I'd never suggest a bot games for practicing your abilities.

We're not saying bot games are taboo, but rather that normals will provide a much better learning environment. On the other hand, bot games will only teach you how to deal with bots, which is nowhere near as good as learning to deal against other human players.

Practices makes perfect and being in a environment where you are told you just suck isn't going to help you learn, in fact it probably put you off playing LOL all together.

Sounds more like a problem with the user than with the system. We all went (and still go through) the toxic community of LoL, so if you get put off playing LoL with the (extremely common) problem of toxic players, then LoL was never the game for you in the first place.

And if this was a guide fine downvote it all you like, I don't mind people liking or hating this guide but I am pretty sure if this was written by someone with more pedigree in the forum alot of people will say it a wonderful piece for newcomers.

Forums are full of A$$ kissers

Nope, because 1) it wouldn't be written by someone with more pedigree, they generally wouldn't advise that you play bot games to improve. No one really improves from bot games. Bot games are for earning your first few IPs to buy that low cost champion that you can spam in low level normal games. Or for learning to get to grips with the game. But if you're talking about experimenting thoroughly with different champs, it's likely that you've gotten to the point where you can 1v5 in bot games and still come out on top using any given build on any given champion.

2) I would downvote regardless of who wrote it. I have downvoted high-elo and LCS written guides before, so your argument is invalid.

Once you have the grips of how the game works, all you need is to improve your mechanics. Playing all champions will benefit just from improving your mechanics, which you won't learn in bot games, because you don't need mechanics to beat them.
MyBloodisBlack
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 1, 2013 4:47pm | Report
OK Sirell I fully respect that you do not agree with my views

thank you for making that clear
"The Wolf eyes the Prey, The Cow eats the hay, One of them is a killer, The other his buffet"
TinyStar
<Altruistic Artist>
TinyStar's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 1, 2013 6:23pm | Report
I gave him +rep because he is a voice of reason on Moba :P It was nothing personal :3
sirell
<Member>
sirell's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 1, 2013 6:36pm | Report

OK Sirell I fully respect that you do not agree with my views

thank you for making that clear

And there you were talking about how you take advice.

With all due respect, you don't have a ****ing clue as to my agreement or disagreement to your views. All I've talked about is in relation to only one of your points - bot games. So before you make the (largely wrong) assumption that I disagree with your views... well, never mind, too late, you already did.

I agree with some, disagree with the necessity of others.

Is that clear?
Cath4rsis
<Member>
Cath4rsis's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 1, 2013 10:03pm | Report
tralalala, storms, flaming, wtvr (/*-*)/

anyway, I do agree with to all of your points, mainly the one where you say that you have to play for fun. I mean, it's totally fine to like to win and having fun doing so, but the definition of fun depends on the person. i have no interest whatsoever in ranked gaming or the comp scene or whatever, i just like the game and i like to have a laugh knowing that i made a really good call, or died in a hilarious way. it doesn't bother me to lose.

also, the thing about bot games and pretty much everyone saying it sucks makes me wonder why is it there in the first place. but i guess that opinion goes along with how you approach the game: for example, i like to play bot games because they're usually quicker and because i can try new things, new champions. i just started playing mid champions and i wouldn't dare to start of in a normal game. while losing doesn't bother me, i have more fun when i know i'm doing my absolute best. and to that (in my pov) i have to understand at least the basics. of course bot games is just a small way to learn them, i also read a lot of threads and watch videos about mid playing and the champions i use for it (katarina, diana and leblanc are my current faves) so.

so yeah.
+ sign by the-nameless-bard
Mooninites
<Member>
Mooninites's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 1, 2013 11:30pm | Report
well thats one way to derail a thread
Thanks for the Signature MissMaw!
MyBloodisBlack
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 2, 2013 2:10am | Report
sirell wrote:

And there you were talking about how you take advice.

With all due respect, you don't have a ****ing clue as to my agreement or disagreement to your views. All I've talked about is in relation to only one of your points - bot games. So before you make the (largely wrong) assumption that I disagree with your views... well, never mind, too late, you already did.

I agree with some, disagree with the necessity of others.

Is that clear?

First of all Sirell I do take advice and I have been listening to you and everyone else disagreement about my view on bot games however I haven't heard any advice on it but opinions from yourself and others on the matter which I have accepted and agreed upon.

As for having no ****ing clue what you agree or disagree with, to be fair you may be right in some sense but then again you have only just made it know you did agree with some stuff and only focused on telling me how wrong I was with 1 view.

And btw the reason I have not "taken advice" is because from my end at least it appears peoe have misread what I have said, I am getting the impression that people think I am telling them to do bots till level 30 and thats far from the case really...2 beginner and 2 intermediate games whilst practicing a new champion is more than enough to give a player more confidence when playing PVP.

Now look I didnt create this guide to cause arguments but to try and help other new players and that's all.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide