Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Annie Are You OP?

Creator: JEFFY40HANDS July 8, 2011 6:42pm
Adovid
<Member>
Adovid's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 9, 2011 12:44pm | Report
Annie's early lane is really weak now. Karma, Oriana, Vladamir, Ezreal. I've been outdone by all of these champs solo mid... It's because Annie's range isn't enough to effectively harass and if she unleashes her combo and doesn't get a kill she is a sitting duck no matter how much health her opponents have left. I droped an ezreal down to 100 hp at level 6 and before I could run he killed me from full health using a manamune.

Annie's combo progression does something like 560 damage at level 6 with boots. There are heros that do more damage than that. Gangplank can kill people with his ult at level 6 if they stand in his circle for it's duration.
JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
JEFFY40HANDS's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 9, 2011 1:19pm | Report
I completely disagree with you Adovid.

Flash/Ignite as summoners
Running with 9/0/21 masteries
Mpen Marks
AP per level Seals
AP per level Glyphs
Flat AP Quints
Starting with Doran's Ring.
Getting a point in Disintegrate to start. Farm 5 creeps walk up and threaten to stun them.

Her damage early game without any major AP items and the threat of a stun is uaully all the persuading I need to maintain lane control.

Reasons why Annie outlanes the champs you just listed off (Or should Out lane them)

I don't see Karma's mid (if I see them at all), so that is one egg I won't crack

Orianna- Just as squishie as Annie and her ball is basically a skill shot, typically slow moving (when she tries to send it over long distances). Annie essentially has a guranteed harass that she can easily make back by last hitting creeps properly. Unlike Orianna who has at least a second delay between moving her ball and activating dissonance. Annie should easily out lane her if you play smart and threaten to stun her every time it is up. ESPECIALLY WHEN YOU HIT 6. I've denied people a level and a half once I hit 6. The psychological threat of being nuked is enough to make people stay away. Even had someone blow a flash because I advanced towards them when they over extended.

Vladamir- Herp derp this guy has REALLY REALLY long CDs early game not to mention your range COMPLETELY beats his. Vlad is now easy to deny and harass, his damage is negligible early game. Losing mid to this guy before he hits level 8 or 9 is disgraceful in my mind.

Ezreal-Move with your creeps...He can't do much to you considering most build him AD, so he really only has his Q to harass you with. W is meh, as well you're an AP champ so losing AS doesn't matter to you. E is weak unless you lose all your creeps which this "skill shot" loves avoid hitting you all together and hit the caster minion you stepped on. Your lvl 6 combo>than his. His ability to escape however is better than yours.

Annie is perfectly fine where she is right now. Her laning is no weaker than it used to be, it's all about exploiting your opponent's champions. If you know your opponent relies on long CDs then you poke in between their CDs (like Vlads Transfusion).
Joobieo#41288
<Member>
Joobieo#41288's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 9, 2011 1:57pm | Report

I completely disagree with you Adovid.

Flash/Ignite as summoners
Running with 9/0/21 masteries
Mpen Marks
AP per level Seals
AP per level Glyphs
Flat AP Quints
Starting with Doran's Ring.
Getting a point in Disintegrate to start. Farm 5 creeps walk up and threaten to stun them.

Her damage early game without any major AP items and the threat of a stun is uaully all the persuading I need to maintain lane control.

Reasons why Annie outlanes the champs you just listed off (Or should Out lane them)

I don't see Karma's mid (if I see them at all), so that is one egg I won't crack

Orianna- Just as squishie as Annie and her ball is basically a skill shot, typically slow moving (when she tries to send it over long distances). Annie essentially has a guranteed harass that she can easily make back by last hitting creeps properly. Unlike Orianna who has at least a second delay between moving her ball and activating dissonance. Annie should easily out lane her if you play smart and threaten to stun her every time it is up. ESPECIALLY WHEN YOU HIT 6. I've denied people a level and a half once I hit 6. The psychological threat of being nuked is enough to make people stay away. Even had someone blow a flash because I advanced towards them when they over extended.

Vladamir- Herp derp this guy has REALLY REALLY long CDs early game not to mention your range COMPLETELY beats his. Vlad is now easy to deny and harass, his damage is negligible early game. Losing mid to this guy before he hits level 8 or 9 is disgraceful in my mind.

Ezreal-Move with your creeps...He can't do much to you considering most build him AD, so he really only has his Q to harass you with. W is meh, as well you're an AP champ so losing AS doesn't matter to you. E is weak unless you lose all your creeps which this "skill shot" loves avoid hitting you all together and hit the caster minion you stepped on. Your lvl 6 combo>than his. His ability to escape however is better than yours.

Annie is perfectly fine where she is right now. Her laning is no weaker than it used to be, it's all about exploiting your opponent's champions. If you know your opponent relies on long CDs then you poke in between their CDs (like Vlads Transfusion).

If your a decent player at all and mid vs Vlad and you lose you should uninstall unless...your getting ganked.
Current Solo Q Elo = 1405+
Active United States Marine
Malzahar - Ranked Mini Guide / Build
Kassadin - Ranked Mini Guide / Build
JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 9, 2011 2:15pm | Report
Ooo well that's one way to drive the point home.

Vlads in mid make me laugh. They transfuse something and then I go PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW because it's something like 8-9 second CD at rank one. More fun than that is making them waste Sanguine pool without having to do anything accept auto attack (IF I'm AD carrying in mid). Vlad can still be played by some but he's one of the slowest champs outta the gate because of his year long cool downs.
Trojan995
<Veteran>
Trojan995's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 9, 2011 2:17pm | Report
JunSupport wrote:

Nice. Would be cooler if you had someone sing it and upload it.

Off-Topic Sorta:

Annie's buffs mostly affected her late game, and her early game was not affected.
People are complaining about her early game being too strong. Being able to 1shot squishies at level6.

early game -> Been the same as always
Buffs -> late game
QQ -> early game

...What?

Annie has a double damage bug that makes her 1shot people.
/end Annie QQ

Because before:

awesome early game, meh late game.

Now:

awesome early game, awesome late game

Should be:

bearable early game, awesome late game

to make her perfectly balanced and fun all around.
Click for one of my awesome builds!
Thanks to Mowen, WrATHofVuLK, and AlexanPT for the signatures! Check out Tristana: The Lane Game, Maokai: The Chu8 Way, and Twisted Fate: Card Games!
JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 9, 2011 2:31pm | Report
Well we all know that Riot's about making balanced champs. That's why Vlad has been nerfed 6 times; he has been balanced they're just making him MORE balanced XD
JunSupport
<Veteran>
JunSupport's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 9, 2011 5:03pm | Report
Trojan995 wrote:

Because before:

awesome early game, meh late game.

Now:

awesome early game, awesome late game

Should be:

bearable early game, awesome late game

to make her perfectly balanced and fun all around.

Bad logic.

An awesome early game, awesome late game makes a balanced champion.

Champions should be fun all the time.
She's not overpowered, and people just have to learn how to counter her when she's got her stun up. (I figured out how, that's why I'm not bothered.)

Other nukes are just outdated or harder to play.

Orianna, when played correctly can dominate ANYONE. Mordekaiser, Gragas, Annie, doesn't matter.
Anivia has the privilege of playing aggressive because of her passive. But you have to know how to play aggressive without being suicidal.
Malzahar can freely harass and farm at the same time with Visions and his pet; and at level 6, he can almost guarantee a kill if he's been playing the lane properly.
~ Gentlemen Cho'Gath ~
┌──┐
┴──┴
< ಠ,....,ರೃ>
~ Keeping this sig classy ~

Guides of Mine - Click the... Eh... Come back later

~Undergoing barbaric-Destruction, tasteful-Renovation, and blasphemous-Reconstruction soonâ„¢~
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ ┬──┬ ノ( ゜-゜ノ)
JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 10, 2011 9:26am | Report
I'm not all that scared of Ori when I play as a ranged champ. Her harass is solid but a lot of the time people are completely baffled as to how she even works. Regi streaming last night made me want to punt kittens. He was completely dumbfounded as to how Ori works. I think to myself "Ummmm, for a top pro you had better ****ing know how ever champ works, otherwise WTF is the point to being called a pro?"

Either way, I'm glad this thread is still going.
Joobieo#41288
<Member>
Joobieo#41288's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 10, 2011 3:17pm | Report

I'm not all that scared of Ori when I play as a ranged champ. Her harass is solid but a lot of the time people are completely baffled as to how she even works. Regi streaming last night made me want to punt kittens. He was completely dumbfounded as to how Ori works. I think to myself "Ummmm, for a top pro you had better ****ing know how ever champ works, otherwise WTF is the point to being called a pro?"

Either way, I'm glad this thread is still going.

When a sports person is a pro football player and hes a kicker is he suppose to know how to play defensive line ? No.

:)
Current Solo Q Elo = 1405+
Active United States Marine
Malzahar - Ranked Mini Guide / Build
Kassadin - Ranked Mini Guide / Build
JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 10, 2011 6:58pm | Report
That's a sport where players play specific roles. They have a string and b strong, clearly defined positions they are paid to do.

LoL is a game comprised of 70+ characters. If you don't know a champion's strengths or how they work how do you intend to counter them? Foot ball players have play books. LoL players have in game experience what better way to know how to beat a champ than to play them and learn their weaknesses?

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide