Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Anyone else watch the New Bots verse Riot...

Creator: Considereth February 9, 2011 7:59pm
1 2
Considereth
<Member>
Considereth's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 9, 2011 7:59pm | Report
The new A.l on the Bots is very impressive. They run as a team, gank, and push quite well. The anniebot got super feed and was killing Olaf with her full combo which made me Lol. She wasn't the star however. The real super was Nunubot who was counter building so hard. I do not know if they use a set build or not but his build order was fantastic. As a matter of fact, most of the bots were building correctly which surprise me since the Riot staff members were not. As in Brolaf rushing all damage item with no survivability and getting melted like a piece of butter. x.o

The funnest moment however was when Brolaf got solo 1v1 against none other than Soraka. I wanted to slap myself in the face. xD

The only thing I think they can fix with the bots is they take too many unnecessary turret shots for stupid reasons. They will be excellent for mid-level players to practice against.

Special thanks to Xiaowiriamu for the banner!

The higher your structure is to be, the deeper must be its foundation. - Augustine
Fragamacrunch
<Member>
Fragamacrunch's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 9, 2011 8:12pm | Report
I am excited to be able to test builds against someone who is halfway competent. Right now, it's either against brain-dead bots, or people who DC from/quit practice games.
Jebus McAzn
<Retired Moderator>
Jebus McAzn's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 9, 2011 8:13pm | Report
Riot played horribly that game - it was most likely staged, but who can blame them? It did show off some really cool stuff that the bots could do, such as gank as a team or push as a team. Team comp was pretty good - a little heavy on the AP side.

I don't think Nunu was counter-building. I just think that it was his default item build. Rabadon's-Banshee's-Void Staff is pretty typical, is it not?

But yes, Soraka 1v1ing and winning against Brolaf was great. Never ignore minion aggro.

Turret shots do need to be fixed, but other than that, I like these bots.
Zeprido
<Ancient Member>
Zeprido's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 9, 2011 8:16pm | Report

Riot played horribly that game - it was most likely staged, but who can blame them? It did show off some really cool stuff that the bots could do, such as gank as a team or push as a team. Team comp was pretty good - a little heavy on the AP side.

I don't think Nunu was counter-building. I just think that it was his default item build. Rabadon's-Banshee's-Void Staff is pretty typical, is it not?

But yes, Soraka 1v1ing and winning against Brolaf was great. Never ignore minion aggro.

Turret shots do need to be fixed, but other than that, I like these bots.

From what I heard it wasn't staged, they took players on their staff that were mid elo (towards the lower end of mid though) to play. It's funny though because they were trying their hardest. Still want to watch it but as far as I know its not anywhere on the web.

Edit: I spoke too soon! Riot Vs Bots
Zeprido is currently:Online
If I've helped you at all in any way, or you really like my post click that +Rep button =)
You can always call me Zep for short =D
Feel free to private message me with questions/concerns or if you just want to chat =)
Fragamacrunch
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 9, 2011 8:33pm | Report
Thanks for the link, Zep!
Zeprido
<Ancient Member>
Zeprido's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 9, 2011 9:02pm | Report
I'm laughing so hard right now. The bots actually look like they will be able to hold their own. Definitely a great option to test out builds from what it looks like.

Phreak honestly made me crack up so many times. especially towards late game xD
Zeprido is currently:Online
If I've helped you at all in any way, or you really like my post click that +Rep button =)
You can always call me Zep for short =D
Feel free to private message me with questions/concerns or if you just want to chat =)
PotatisFarfar
<Veteran>
PotatisFarfar's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 10, 2011 2:13am | Report
I watched, i laughed, and i facepalmed when soraka killed brolaf, Great bots, just bit bad on tower side ^^
ExamplePrime
<Member>
ExamplePrime's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 10, 2011 2:33am | Report
Yeah it wasn't staged
The Riot team just failed XD

Cho'Gaths nom-nom-nom moments LOL
Bots pushed inhib LOL
Fail Riot team combo and item build LOL
Soraka beating Olaf LOLOL
Nunu being allowed to get off whole Ult LOLOL
Bots winning *facepalm
Shameless plug: www.youtube.com/Exampleprime
---
I play games, I write stories. And I make youtube videos that are way to long.
caucheka
<Veteran>
caucheka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 10, 2011 3:47am | Report
it was an interesting game. i already knew that the bots were gonna win (how else would the bots look big and scary?)

but man... that shield bar.. oh god i want that. want it now.
I like things that make me feel stupid. - Ken Levine
Fragamacrunch
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 10, 2011 8:16am | Report
caucheka wrote:

but man... that shield bar.. oh god i want that. want it now.

I thought I was the only one who thought that was the coolest part of the video.
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide