Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Anyone got some 'pro tips'?

Creator: throatslasher October 23, 2012 10:51am
throatslasher
<Member>
throatslasher's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 24, 2012 8:43am | Report

Champs with clones can be pinged to easily tell which is the real one.

You can smite pets like tibbers, jack in the boxes, voidlings, or heim turrets, if they're causing you trouble.

I didn't know the 1st one, I'll have to try that out. As for the second one, back when nunu jungle was sick and annie was popular, she'd drop tibbers on a teammate, and i'd smite and run up and eat tibbers. Rofl. Imagine annie throwing down her BFF, and a big monster runes up and just eats it immediately. Have you seen my bear tibbers? Yeah, it's in nunu's stomach.
BOW DOWNBOW DOWN
Dypheus
<Member>
Dypheus's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 24, 2012 9:51am | Report
Don't feed the trolls, cuz they mean and hurt yo feelings but it's only cuz they have sad lives themself and try to bring others down but don't let them do that to you cuz you stronger than that man... you stronger than that.

-Crendor
If League of Legends is gay, then I am super****.
~Feel free to add me on LoL (EUW) Omerta, or on Skype: Joniakagod
JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
JEFFY40HANDS's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 24, 2012 9:59am | Report
Pro tip: when utilizing a ranged support walk on your targets in tandem to land harass. When this tactic is risky due to champions like blitzcrank or leona utilize angles and orb walking to give you maximum distance while allowing the maximum poke+safety from initiating skills. Ill describe this more if it doesn't make sense. (Im using my phone so my level of detail is lacking)

EDIT: Got to a computer so let me try to be descriptive.

Your lane: Ezreal/Sona

Their lane: Graves/Blitzcrank

1. Most aggressive supports like to utilize the bushes to their advantage. Blitzcrank is probably the best example of this in that most players try to land grabs from the bushes. However when Blitz is under turret landing a grab becomes a bit more complicated. While his angles of approach are greater there are more variables, mainly creeps in his way, the more variables the fewer opportunities he can land his grab.

2. With this in mind your best bet is to always be at an angle to Blitzcrank. If he is sitting towards the bottom of his lane under turret, you should be towards the top of the lane. If he is at the top side of his lane near turret you should be at the bottom. If he's sitting near "mid" of his lane under turret you should be directly across (assuming creeps are concentrated heavily in the middle of the lane)The focus is to:
A. Create predictable attack angles for Blitz so you can easily avoid them.
B. Maximize your distance from him at all times while affording you access to CS/Harass.

How this works in conjunction with your ranged support (walking in tandem):
While walking towards the enemy turret looking to chase down an opponent for a kill/land free harass you should both be utilizing orb walking (moving in between auto attacks) to maximize mobility and damage. The roll of proper attack angles here is to once again maximize your safety while making opportunities for Blitz more predictable or even non-existent.

Ideally you're going to force Blitz to use overdrive and try to walk on you for a free power fist+grab. If Blitz does this you once again utilize orb walking to get as much damage on to him as possible before disengaging. Always using an angle or even a zigzag pattern as opposed to walking in a straight line.

I'd create a diagram but I don't have the time.
tehAsian
<Veteran>
tehAsian's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 24, 2012 11:45am | Report
Aim skillshots at the places where people stop to CS.

If you're almost about to level up and you know your opponent isn't, engage on them. Level 2 advantage too stronk.
LaCorpse's Signature Cafe

Thanks to Keondre, JhoiJhoi, Xiron, and Arcana3 for the Sigs~!
Anastasios
<Member>
Anastasios's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 24, 2012 1:21pm | Report
When you want to kill an enemy, attack him until he's dead.

Many thanks to MissMaw, LaCorpse, Xiron, Arcana3 and Joxuu for making me sigs!
Acid Reigns
<Member>
Acid Reigns's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 24, 2012 1:57pm | Report
Oh, another would be that REALLY well timed CC can stop suppression.
For example I am Tristana, and there is a Malzahar chasing me he flashes, and I press my ult at the EXACT same time he does. His ult gets 1 tick of damage, and then instantly is stopped, and put on cooldown. The same trick works on WW. It's hard to time right, but I've done it multiple times. I used Trist as the example, cause I've had probably the most success doing this on her.

I'm curious to know how this works with Skarner though, lol he ults you, and you knock him back, and he takes you with him? xD
throatslasher
<Member>
throatslasher's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 24, 2012 2:12pm | Report
I've had it happen. You will blow him back and get dragged along with him.
BOW DOWNBOW DOWN
Raiyuzaki
<Member>
Raiyuzaki's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 24, 2012 2:44pm | Report
Good tips!

Something I can add is that if you're playing a ranged character (Ashe, Ahri), if you simultaneously fire your ranged shot and run away, you can get a hit on the enemy without a chance of being hit back.

Someone can probably word that better, but yeah.
Acid Reigns
<Member>
Acid Reigns's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 24, 2012 10:10pm | Report
That sounds horrible, I hope that never happens to me o.o

Rai, do you mean kiting? o:
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 24, 2012 10:18pm | Report

Champs with clones can be pinged to easily tell which is the real one.

Little more clarification on this: You have to ping them before the split.

Of course, if they have buffs on them before the split, it'll be easy to tell too.
True love is found only in yourself.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide