Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Anyone got some 'pro tips'?

Creator: throatslasher October 23, 2012 10:51am
CrimsonSkyz
<Member>
CrimsonSkyz's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 23, 2012 4:02pm | Report
Add Shurelia's zoning tutorial?
Orb walking tutorial?
Kha'Zix's Leap cannot be interrupted. He can still get stunned and snared but he will still land at the target location.
If you are Flashing over walls make your champ face the opposite direction before you flash. That way the enemy will go the way you were facing while you are going the opposite direction. Don't make it so obvious! It's simple but a ton of players I see are always just running in a specific direction and flash that direction. I eventually catch up to him and kill him. I can Flash in that same direction or just continue the chase.
Unleash the Beast
Currently on vacation~
CrimsonSkyz
<Member>
CrimsonSkyz's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 23, 2012 4:09pm | Report
Oh I got some more from my Rengar guide.

"You can cancel Darius's ultimate with a well timed empowered Bola Strike. Although you can cancel his ultimate it will not go on cooldown. Darius's Noxian Guillotine goes on cooldown after the blow is landed. Empowered Bola Strike will only cancel the animation, not waste Darius's ulti. So after "cancelling" his ulti just run as fast as you can because he will try another Noxian Guillotine if he still has the health or if he really wants you dead."

You can replace Bola Strike with any single target ability that has a stun or snare.

Another part taken from the same guide from Fiora match up section:

"•A good way to counter Fiora's Blade Waltz is with a LeBlanc on your team. LeBlanc can use Ethereal Chains on Fiora before she ultis. After 2 seconds Fiora will become shackled and her Blade Waltz will be cancelled. Your LeBlanc will really have to have mastered timing with Ethereal Chains to do this.
•Another good way to counter Blade Waltz is with a perfectly timed empowered Bola Strike. You will need use empowered Bola Strike right after Fiora activates Blade Waltz. I mean RIGHT BEFORE. Like 0.00000001 seconds before it is activated. Empowered Bola Strike needs to be given some time before it actually roots Fiora. Rooting Fiora too early will not cancel her Blade Waltz. If done precisely, Fiora will start Blade Waltz with a dash to the target. During this time empowered Bola Strike should still be in the air flying at Fiora and soon it will root her and cancel/waste her ultimate. This method can basically be done with any single target ranged ability that has either a knock up, or snare/root. These type of abilities include Nautilus's Depth Charge, Maokai's Twisted Advance, Malzahar's Nether Grasp, Warwick's Infinite Duress, Pantheon's Aegis of Zeonia, Annie's Disintegrate with Pyromania buff, and Sion's Cryptic Gaze.
•You can also have Jax take all the hits of Fiora's Blade Waltz with his Counter Strike. Or you can have someone with Zhonya's Hourglass activate after Fiora uses Blade Waltz. Make sure to spread your team apart!"

From Akali in my match up section:
"•A perfectly timed empowered Bola Strike can stop an Akali's Shadow Dance. It will also allow you to escape if needed."

It's pretty much the same for Fiora and Darius single target ability with stun or snare can stop Shadow Dance. Basically any dash/jump skill in general can be stopped the same way except for Kha'Zix's Leap.
Balance is key
Currently on vacation~
FalseoGod
<Veteran>
FalseoGod's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 23, 2012 5:14pm | Report
Well, I refered to the proximity spells since it helped me in the past being aware of attempts to be surprised by champs gone invisible (or searching for these champs), brush-to-brush checking, etc. Using them as a detection method, basically.
Temzilla
<Member>
Temzilla's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 23, 2012 5:17pm | Report
Pro Tips?

See hero, Kill hero.

a.k.a. "Kill the closest"

If their amumu is 3000 range away from his team, don't be afraid to kill him just because he's amumu.
Tri lane for life.
GrandmasterD
<Member>
GrandmasterD's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 23, 2012 5:19pm | Report
Psychofrench
<Member>
Psychofrench's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 23, 2012 5:25pm | Report
I always use teleport as a spell and I always remind my teammates at the beginning of every game that a ward in a bush can help me create useful ganks.
Mowen
<Retired Admin>
Mowen's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 23, 2012 5:31pm | Report
When in champion select for ranked...

Say "prefer ___" or something along those lines, yields more friendly results than just seeming stubborn by saying "ad."

If people aren't talking / saying what they want ask them and make sure everyone's clear about who's picking what. This will give you a lot less confusion / raging in champ select.

I think there's a lot of things like this that improve your chances of winning, even though you're not actually playing the game.
Thanks to GrandMasterD for my sig!
Xeronn
<Member>
Xeronn's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 23, 2012 5:57pm | Report
Never chase a Singed.
^^ Check out my Gangplank Guide! ^^
+Rep is OP! Special Forces Gangplank!!
JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
JEFFY40HANDS's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 23, 2012 6:00pm | Report
Unless you're walking parallel to Singed's poison trail.
Xeronn
<Member>
Xeronn's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 23, 2012 6:04pm | Report

Unless you're walking parallel to Singed's poison trail.

*Singed runs in a zigzag*

You can no longer avoid his poison trail.

Edit - Something actually useful:
  • Communicate with your team in-game, even a simple ping can help.
  • Don't be discouraged to give up when you're losing. Keep trying and you may end up turning a match around.
  • Don't underestimate the cost efficiency of buying an early GP/5 item(s), especially if you plan on upgrading the item.
^^ Check out my Gangplank Guide! ^^
+Rep is OP! Special Forces Gangplank!!

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide