Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Bad habits

Creator: jokersprank September 11, 2016 9:33am
3 posts - page 1 of 1
jokersprank
<Member>
jokersprank's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 11, 2016 9:33am | Report
Lately I'm playing like bronze VII. I'm not saying that I was challenger material before but in the last weeks I've been losing quite a lot in normals and doing **** that kills me. Idk if it was due to ranked affecting me (first time trying to climb), however, I'm playing like ****.

First of all, I'm trying to relearn the adc role but I've been unsuccessful and I get mad frequently. Before I was relaxed in every situation but now I look always if I don't have the most death. I also notice every mistake I do and my support but my brain refuses to not repeat the same mistake or not to blame my support and myself (in my brain, not in chat).

Now my mmr is messed up and I get paired with wannabe supports who blame me for their death. So, any tips to get rid of my bad habits?

Top 10 list
  • Mindlessly auto attacking turrets or minions which messes my CS up.
  • Trying to save my team mates.
  • Not letting my support die on his own.
  • Getting caught.
  • Being talkactive.
  • Getting mad at my support for poor attitude and performance.
  • Getting mad at myself for getting mad.
  • Partially giving up.
  • Listening to stupid calls or calling stupid calls.
  • Getting hit by thresh qs.

The worst is I know better and I can do better but currently I'm in a slump and really sad that every support main left for a better place or adc.
Dragahri
<Member>
Dragahri's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 13, 2016 2:56am | Report
Hi,

There is no miracle solution, but I will give you my favourite tip, play the game to improve not to win.

You can't control your teammates, you will always have feeders so you better focus on yourself because that's the only thing that you can change/improve.

Start by improving your basics each game (getting more cs, avoid getting caught etc...) and don't care about the rest, climbing is a consequence of your improvement, that's what I always say.

Also, playing ADC isn't the best in soloq because you will always have to rely on your support but if you really like ADC you should be good enough to get through your support's mistakes/bad plays, that will come with experience don't worry.

Finally, you don't flame in chat and that's really good ! so keep improving and you'll eventually become a lot better !

PS : In worst case scenario use the magical trick /muteall :)
"I don't need to be the best, I just need to be good."
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 14, 2016 6:22pm | Report
I'll take a crack at your list. I'm not gonna lie and say all these things are easy, but you should be able to improve over time in any of these areas if you give it a try and stick to it.

• Mindlessly auto attacking turrets or minions which messes my CS up.

Don't push without a plan. Are you pushing for level 2? Are you trying to push to tower to get a recall timing? Don't let your champion autoattack unless you want it to.

• Trying to save my team mates.
  • Not letting my support die on his own.
  • Listening to stupid calls or calling stupid calls.

You are responsible for your own judgment, so you have to decide for yourself if it's worth risking your positioning to make a play or respond to an enemy play. "My teammate did something dumb and I followed" still means you made the wrong choice. It's difficult to make the correct call in every situation, but that's how you become a better and more consistent player.

• Getting caught.

This happens at every level of play. Just look at your map and think about whether you're being risky or not with your positioning. When you overextend and die, you're training your intuition to recognize risky situations.

• Being talkative.

You mean as a bad thing, right? You basically just have to shut up and hold yourself to it. Don't type anything except summoner spell timers in chat. Worry about coordination after you are more comfortable containing your frustration.

• Getting mad at my support for poor attitude and performance.

As Dragahri said, you can't control your teammates. Accept it. You're only going to climb and play well if you focus on yourself and trust your own judgment. Blaming people just decreases the chances you recognize your own mistakes and can cost you games, especially if you complain in chat.

• Getting mad at myself for getting mad.

Can't really say much about this one. Everyone has flaws and character growth is messy. You shouldn't expect to fix all your attitude problems right away. Some people use self-deprecating anger to drive themselves to focus and improve though, so I can't say it's necessarily awful to feel that way.

• Partially giving up.

Again, I agree with Dragahri's post above. Play to become a better player and the rank will come later. If you really want you can surrender some games, but as long as you're in the game, play the best you can.

• Getting hit by thresh qs.

Stand behind minions or play Sivir and block it. Later when you're grouping, stay behind teammates. Don't put yourself in situations where you have to play a mind game to dodge a hook. Minion control is way more important and easier to train than trying to outplay someone mechanically every 10 seconds.
Thanks to Jovy for the sig!

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide