Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's second Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! 🏆
's Forum Avatar

Behold the return...

Creator: luizdeh September 30, 2013 6:38pm
C4 Lasty
<Member>
C4 Lasty's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 2, 2013 2:32pm | Report
His ratios are pitiful, AS for the clear buff. I'll try AD but I don't think it'll be optimal. He needs MS quints unfortunately.
Thalia Kael
<Inhouse Addict>
Thalia Kael's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 2, 2013 2:47pm | Report
Darcurse wrote:

Now bring back(resp. make him playable in current meta) Tryn as well and I'm set.

I'm pretty sure Trynd is top tier in SoloQ atm
Thanks to FatelBlade, JEFFY40HANDS, Nyoike, TheNamelessBard, GrandmasterD, aviseras and koksei for the awesome signatures
Pølsemanden
<Member>
Pølsemanden's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 2, 2013 3:45pm | Report
C4 Lasty wrote:

His ratios are pitiful, AS for the clear buff. I'll try AD but I don't think it'll be optimal. He needs MS quints unfortunately.

i totally forgot you can't axe-spam to instaclear camps anymore, sorry...

But all the "Popular" jungle items seem to be quite an awesome mix on him, ez 40% cdr on 3 items into tri-force or randy mabe? Or is cdr even worth it on new olaf? I just remember playing him back then rushing 40% cdr instakilling stuff - i think that's back when you played top-lane still though.
Ty MM and Blood for the sigs :3 | Rammus is comming back - heard it here first!

"Carrying"-guide | My reviewservice
C4 Lasty
<Member>
C4 Lasty's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 2, 2013 3:50pm | Report
Hah yeah top lane was my jam for the majority of my career. Wasn't enjoying my impact on early-mid so I switched to jungle.

Picking up the axe for the clear wasn't too bad. I went Spirit stone - boots - dorans blade - Phage - Ancient Golem - Ninja Tabi - Spirit Visage - Randuins. Not too bad of a build.

I'll play around with it some more. I think hes heavily outclassed by a lot of junglers but who knows.
Pølsemanden
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 2, 2013 3:56pm | Report
Just tried it, his clear is really good, you shouldn't go double buff smiteless imo, just smite blue early and farm the jungle and rush your levels.

Jovy
<Admin>
Jovy's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 2, 2013 3:59pm | Report
everyone's playing it now and being awful :[

by jhoijhoi
C4 Lasty
<Member>
C4 Lasty's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 2, 2013 4:00pm | Report
Polse I'm sorry but you're very wrong. You should always start the buff your bot lane is closest to and then go to the other buff and take it down with smite. Because of the jungle changes in 3.8 you need to secure both buffs as fast as possible.
Pølsemanden
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 2, 2013 4:05pm | Report
It's not like you can put a lot of pressure early with a red-buff on olaf against most enemies anyways - and noone in their right mind would dare invade an olaf :o

got level 5 at 4:40 by rushing levels btw (no leash)

Pretty sure you might be underestimating it cuz you didn't play jungle-laf before, or else i'm overestimating it cuz i did

edit: and not a lot of champions solo-invade anymore anyways. Don't be so meta now <.<

Tried it again, 4:37 level 5 700-something gold.

C4 Lasty
<Member>
C4 Lasty's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 2, 2013 5:10pm | Report
Buffs are worth 275 XP feel free to farm once you have dubs you don't have to gank if you don't want. You absolutely have to secure both buffs as fast as possible. If you stop for wraiths/wolves you'll lose a buff and be really behind.

Go red-blue or blue-red then farm wraiths wolves etc.
Scott Azrael
<Member>
Scott Azrael's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 3, 2013 5:31am | Report
Eh, I'm just in Silver and I agree with Lasty. If I don't secure both buffs, then I lose one. Same goes to the enemy jungle. If I see they ganked a lane at lvl 2, I go get whatever buff they didn't secure. It's the easiest way to get ahead in jungle.

I played a game last night in ranked where the other team had an Olaf top and he got destroyed by a bruiser Nidalee. IDK, if it was just the guy was that bad or he tried playing a champ he didn't know or if Olaf's early game is just that weak. It's a similar result to every game I have seen from streamers with Olaf in it. He sucks early in laning phase and then once he is behind, he starts to gain power around lvl 8-9 but he is just too far behind at that point. From what I have seen, he almost seems like he has become like Nasus where you just need to farm safely until you can destroy when you outscale.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide