Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Best Solo-Top Champion?

Creator: Raggamuffin June 7, 2012 3:31pm
Razormaul
<Member>
Razormaul's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 8, 2012 10:36am | Report
There is no such thing as 'the best' champion in any role, but there is champs that excel in certain areas but also lack in other areas.At the moment some of the best top laners are Shen, Udyr, Olaf, Renekton, Riven, Lee Sin, Jax and Yorick.There is many more good top laners but they are some of the best.
Looking for guides for junglers? Check out my guides for, Alistar, Nautilus and Maokai.
Please vote and comment. Thank you!
Pølsemanden
<Member>
Pølsemanden's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 8, 2012 10:42am | Report
shen is top tier imo.
Ty MM and Blood for the sigs :3 | Rammus is comming back - heard it here first!

"Carrying"-guide | My reviewservice
husse10
<Member>
husse10's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 31, 2012 7:11am | Report
Try Darius! xD
Meiyjhe
<Member>
Meiyjhe's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 31, 2012 7:15am | Report
Yorick, definately Yorick
Change is gooooood
Picture by: VirusNG1
Want to advertise your guide, but don't know where? Click here for an opportunity of a lifetime!
cyberskull
<Member>
cyberskull's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 31, 2012 7:32am | Report
If I had to say which champion is a need to know pick for top lane I'd say Jax. He has almost everything. He can freeze lane very well, he farms like a beast after level 6 and a little bit pre-level 6 if you have ad marks and quints. He's quite tanky with Tri-Force and GA, he can take out turrets so fast and he pushes like a beast. His dueling is also very potent and he has sustain if you just buy a vamp scepter early game. He has CC too and is actually very potent in 1v2 situations. He's just all around very strong and one of the strongest top laners atm in my opinion.

Edit: Oh and he has an auto-attack reset skill which is always very helpful for maximizing damage.

Much love to Hogopogo and TinyStar for my current and previous signatures <3! If you want you can check out their awesome shops here (Hogopogo) and here (TinyStar)

If I helped you in any way feel free to click +Rep on any of my comments.

Need a review for your guide? Visit my Guide Reviewing Shop !
GrandmasterD
<Member>
GrandmasterD's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 31, 2012 7:33am | Report
Meiyjhe wrote:

Yorick, definately Yorick

lol that era has passed a while ago. Yorick has quite some counters now and with the flask a lot can lane against him.
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 31, 2012 7:35am | Report
Yorick was pretty underplayed even when he was deemed the best top laner.

Probably because he is insanely boring to play.
DemonSovereign
<Member>
DemonSovereign's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 31, 2012 8:22am | Report
FalseoGod wrote:

Mordekaiser is kinda fun because he is mercyless, farms like a beast and pushes like a train.

+rep'd!

OT: Mordekaiser is strong, because his shield will absorb most of the enemy's damage(mostly later on in the game). He has an effective "ranged" harass that makes most melee champs cry.

If not Mordekaiser, I would choose Lee Sin. He is very fun to play and mobile. He has sustain and a slow. He can also detect stealthed champs and create good ganks as well.

Ex: Your jungler comes from behind the enemy champ. You Safeguard / Iron Will to him, then Sonic Wave / Resonating Strike on the enemy, kick him or her with Dragon's Rage, and use Sonic Wave / Resonating Strike to jump back to the enemy. You could then slow them with Tempest / Cripple and make the gank have a higher chance of success. You could save Dragon's Rage as a finisher though. It is very strong and low cd.
My first self made sig ^_^
Care to check out my Mordekaiser guide? I'd appreciate it :D
Dark Metallica-Rocking With Mordekaiser
Mooninites
<Member>
Mooninites's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 31, 2012 8:41am | Report
Mordekaiser is probably one of the lower tier champs. He got more viability with the season 3 patch and changes but he still kind of sucks. He can't really deal with ganks and he auto pushes the lane. He's much more suited for mid.

In any case, if I wanted an AP bruiser I'd probably just run Elise top. She pretty much does everything Mordekaiser does but better (if you build her as a tanky ap)
Thanks for the Signature MissMaw!
Embracing
<Crowd Favorite>
Embracing's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 31, 2012 9:06am | Report
Morde top is bad

Very. Very. Bad.

Horrible horrible bad

Will get raped by ANY bruiser.

Literally all they have to do is just jump in Morde's face and he can't do anything to retaliate. His shield is not sufficient enough and his spells even burn his health.

@topic:

Best tops (from wative seen):
Irelia - all around beast scaling
Zed - stupid burst (im prolly biased)
Rengar - his kit is perfect
Shen - split push + tanky
Darius tanky + skirmish beast
Rumble - ap bruiser good scaling good teamfight presnc

havnt seen jax yet

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide