Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Champion Relaunch: Katarina, the Sinister Blade

Creator: Zeprido August 9, 2012 7:18pm
1 2 3 4 5
TxTVira
<Member>
TxTVira's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 10, 2012 2:57am | Report
Marks,marks everywhere =O

Is that screen on the right her ult? Cause it'll be too good for her new w.

Bouncing blades have always been a problem to me, the range is unpredictable and nearly impossible to dodge at later ranks =/ Wonder what will this rework do.
Zeprido
<Ancient Member>
Zeprido's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 10, 2012 3:00am | Report
Alright folks, just played around with her in PBE I'll share how I feel

To those who just want to know the gist, essentially they super buffed her ability to farm, and I'm not 100% positive yet, but I feel like her initial full combo burst has been decreased slightly, to increase her damage over the course of a teamfight for a long fight via her W having a pretty short cooldown.

Now, The remainder of my thoughts:
  • Q damage harass has been decreased UNLESS you consume the mark in which case it actually deals more damage.
    • I guess this is ok, but a lot of people going to show hate on it at first, I'll explain why I feel its ok with my points on W.
    • No longer scales with AD, but has a higher ap ratio overall

• W can consume any marks that it comes in contact with, and if you hit a champion, grants movement speed
    • this greatly increases her farming abilities as she can take out 4-5 creeps in seconds.
    • the movement speed allows her to disengage from the harass, and may help to win the trade.
    • its on a low cooldown and has decent range for a self centered aoe
    • haven't gotten a chance to try it yet, but with this being able to consume marks, she may be able to jungle comfortably since its a low cooldown.

• E now has a permanent 20% reduction but has a lower base and ratio
    • I feel like this is going to be the new one point wonder for the 20% since to utilize Q to its highest potential you need to consume stacks, and W consumes the most stacks and deals more damage than her E AND its on a low cooldown
    • not having to use E to last hit leaves it open to escape ganks.

• R Has a higher scaling and doesn't state how much damage each dagger is doing anymore, so hard to tell, but it sounds like its doing slightly less damage
    • I personally end this early to finish off with one of the other abilities before they can escape so don't really notice a difference here, if anything I get more of the damage off

• So where does this leave us?
    • with a stronger laning phase, Katarina players should be able to complete core items faster
    • Katarina is no longer reliant (if she was) on her ultimate as she has a reliable aoe damage ability on a short cooldown
    • Essentially the damage was spread out, overall she has more damage on her kit, but it takes a little bit longer to deal it out
    • We now have a very ugly looking walk animation that looks very unnatural (seriously, why would she be walking 100% of the time with both blades ready to strike, previous walk animation was so much better and am considering posting about this...)
Zeprido is currently:Online
If I've helped you at all in any way, or you really like my post click that +Rep button =)
You can always call me Zep for short =D
Feel free to private message me with questions/concerns or if you just want to chat =)
SkullzX
<Member>
SkullzX's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 10, 2012 3:28am | Report
Zeprido wrote:

Alright folks, just played around with her in PBE I'll share how I feel

To those who just want to know the gist, essentially they super buffed her ability to farm, and I'm not 100% positive yet, but I feel like her initial full combo burst has been decreased slightly, to increase her damage over the course of a teamfight for a long fight via her W having a pretty short cooldown.

Now, The remainder of my thoughts:

• Q damage harass has been decreased UNLESS you consume the mark in which case it actually deals more damage.
    • I guess this is ok, but a lot of people going to show hate on it at first, I'll explain why I feel its ok with my points on W.
    • No longer scales with AD, but has a higher ap ratio overall

• W can consume any marks that it comes in contact with, and if you hit a champion, grants movement speed
    • this greatly increases her farming abilities as she can take out 4-5 creeps in seconds.
    • the movement speed allows her to disengage from the harass, and may help to win the trade.
    • its on a low cooldown and has decent range for a self centered aoe
    • haven't gotten a chance to try it yet, but with this being able to consume marks, she may be able to jungle comfortably since its a low cooldown.

• E now has a permanent 20% reduction but has a lower base and ratio
    • I feel like this is going to be the new one point wonder for the 20% since to utilize Q to its highest potential you need to consume stacks, and W consumes the most stacks and deals more damage than her E AND its on a low cooldown
    • not having to use E to last hit leaves it open to escape ganks.

• R Has a higher scaling and doesn't state how much damage each dagger is doing anymore, so hard to tell, but it sounds like its doing slightly less damage
    • I personally end this early to finish off with one of the other abilities before they can escape so don't really notice a difference here, if anything I get more of the damage off

• So where does this leave us?
    • with a stronger laning phase, Katarina players should be able to complete core items faster
    • Katarina is no longer reliant (if she was) on her ultimate as she has a reliable aoe damage ability on a short cooldown
    • Essentially the damage was spread out, overall she has more damage on her kit, but it takes a little bit longer to deal it out
    • We now have a very ugly looking walk animation that looks very unnatural (seriously, why would she be walking 100% of the time with both blades ready to strike, previous walk animation was so much better and am considering posting about this...)

Sounds about right... you forgot to add how hard she is to gank now...the classic come from behind and get shunpo trick now turn into come from behind get shunpo'd on then give me more movementspeed...yeah thats awesome.

DAMN SHE CAN CLEAR FAST -1 minon XD so maybe she can roam more which is the reason I liekd kat anyways :).

Still angry about less of a shunpo nuke and less overall damage reduction.

seriously 1.75 AP ratio on that ult...here is the math on just a gun blade JUST THE GUN BLADE's AP PORTION! 122.5 extra damage in 2 seconds...that can also be X3 since it can hit 3 targets a potential 367.5 extra damage from just the gunblade's AP DAMN THAT IS A LOT FOR 1 ITEM! AND THATS ONLY THE AP PORTION! I want to include the AD version but the only site I got is http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2458632 and he said there is a....sorry 1 second here 3 AD RATIO SCALING! YEAAAHHHH If that's true my new kat page is going to be ad per lvl and ap per lvl everything...3 ad ratio fully stacked bt now does 300 damage on that ult that can be next to instantly reseat...hot damn I might actually get to have fun with the re make...still anoyyed that she is a tad squishyier and Q__Q give me my extra gold! I do belive that 3 AD scaling and 1.75 AP scaling are both the new highest scaling abilities in the game...and they are toghter...If it keeps that 3 ad ratio and the W still does .6 AD Im making W and getting ad per lvl in masteries for sure!
Mastarwe
<Member>
Mastarwe's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 10, 2012 5:15am | Report
I was already playing her with flat AD marks (haven't bought the scaling ones) and scaling AP blues :P However since she will have to get closer for the damage now I feel as if it will have to be changed to some more defensive stats.
I'm back!
A Chubby Baby
<Veteran>
A Chubby Baby's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 10, 2012 10:03am | Report
wut? i really think some other champs could use a rework instead.
holkos
<Member>
holkos's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 10, 2012 10:40am | Report
This rework on kat will make her early game A little less horrifiying, but I think the cooldown and damage on Shunpo is nerfed too hard.
Need help with Katarina? Read my build
Kazega
<Member>
Kazega's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 10, 2012 11:03am | Report
After looking at the ratios I'm on the fence. I can almost sense that her excellent AD ratios will out perform her decent AP ratios and throw her in with Nidalee as an AP champ that does better in an AD setting....

I'm not sure if I like that or not. Mid has always been my thing and this would make Kat more of a top laner.
Acid Reigns
<Member>
Acid Reigns's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 10, 2012 11:55am | Report
Everyone talking about her ult ratios realizes that they're currently higher right...?
SkullzX
<Member>
SkullzX's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 11, 2012 12:32am | Report

Everyone talking about her ult ratios realizes that they're currently higher right...?

Yes but the ult duration is shorter. ok thats why I was like wth that ratio is overall not per dagger! OK OK now her ult isn't nearly as broken as I thought! I was thinking per dagger like the old one XD
Viola Orpheus
<Member>
Viola Orpheus's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 11, 2012 5:00am | Report
I personally didn't really like the old Katarina. But after fooling around a bit with the new one, I'm starting to really like her.
Many thanks to Xiao, jhoijhoi, TinyStar, Tsuki, and WOMBO for the sigs!
1 2 3 4 5

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide