Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Champion Relaunch: Katarina, the Sinister Blade

Creator: Zeprido August 9, 2012 7:18pm
tribness
<Member>
tribness's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 10, 2012 12:58am | Report
Katarina one of my beloved champ's, she was very viable if you knew how to play her smart, everybody QQ on champ select every time i pick her.. but in the end of the game i had carried them hard..

I do like that she has a new skill on her W but i fear that they have lowered the damage on the others skills to much.

she don't bring utility to the table, all that she got was her high damage, and if they take that away i think they will kill her..

but i trust riot and i believe they will do a good job with her. Hope people stop QQ about katarina
DuskToGlory
<Member>
DuskToGlory's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 10, 2012 12:59am | Report
damn you riot why you break what didn't need fixing, I mean I understand adding a damage ability then nerfing damage on her other skilld to compensate, but it sounds as if they nerfed them too hard. If you arre going to relaunch an old champ you might as well make sure they are not underwhelming as what it sounds like. I haven't tried her out myself though so I can't be sure ofc.

Thanks to DuskToGlory for the sigs. LOL :)

Working on a Pantheon guide, will finish when I get around to it, could be never.
+Rep? I help you? you help me, no?
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 10, 2012 1:09am | Report
tribness wrote:

Katarina one of my beloved champ's, she was very viable if you knew how to play her smart

People said the same about the old Twitch, but he needed a rework too.
Thanks to Jovy for the sig!
Acid Reigns
<Member>
Acid Reigns's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 10, 2012 1:19am | Report
Current Kata is fine...

And about twitch, from what I've seen he's a lot weaker now.....
Xenotechie
<Guide Critic>
Xenotechie's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 10, 2012 1:31am | Report

After looking into this, I can say so far I'm VERY unexcited for this.

They should've just updated the visuals, and kept her the same, she's gonna suck now.

Q is now weaker, and doesn't scale with AD anymore.
W is apparently kinda weak.
E took a HUGE hit, much lower base damage, and like 3.5 or something ridiculous off the ratio.
R is weaker overall, but has higer dps, spinning for 2 secs now instead of 3.

Edit
Overall, her passive is weaker due to gold gain
Q is worse
W is better, but doesn't fit with her kit at all
E is worse
R is better, but it's less rewarding

Where did you find the ratios? If you found them on the PBE, could someone post them here?

EDIT: Nevermind, found them, here they are for the convenience of others.

Don't get your complaints, really. Looks like they intend for Q to be more of a marking ability for AD Kat, and Shunpo to be a gap closer/damage reducer. They want her to deal damage with W and Death Lotus. They probably want her to get to someone and keep chasing him with her autoattacks and W.

Did I help you? Do you feel nice today? Take a look at my guide,I would really appreciate it.

SkullzX
<Member>
SkullzX's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 10, 2012 1:40am | Report
OK I just found this...btw I am kinda pissed that from the looks of it she doesnt get extra gold off kills/assist -__- and its only 10 second cd on her ult now! GAGHWAGHAWGH. Thing that anoys me most is hear base stats are all sooo much lower now and the scaling for most of them have dropped A LOT, plus the damage reduction is way less then the orignal 35%! I don't think I will like her after this remake I am sorry. Maybe I will, I definitly will try her but just from reading about her new stuff I don't think I will enjoy her as much since she will die fast and deals less early damage with dounching blades and shunpo.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2458632 BAM A LINK!

Btw if that 1.75 ap ratio sticks ohh man is my rylais abysall gun blade build going to be sooooo much more fun!
Xenotechie
<Guide Critic>
Xenotechie's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 10, 2012 1:48am | Report
Ok, guys, apparently, they will be reworking Garen this patch too! Read this!... and it looks like a nerf to his damage, but a buff to his tankiness.

Did I help you? Do you feel nice today? Take a look at my guide,I would really appreciate it.

SkullzX
<Member>
SkullzX's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 10, 2012 2:00am | Report
little more tanky early but, less late not a huge deal but damn just relized that W max is over 40% MS boost...maybe I can swap my ms quints...NAH SUPER FAST KAT GO!
Mastarwe
<Member>
Mastarwe's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 10, 2012 2:40am | Report
And... they moved the only utility she had from a basic skill to the ult. This, aswell as lacking the ability to get rid of the bouncing blades dmg reduction will make her a way weaker laner, since you actually have to get close to pop the mark and use the other abilities :( It will make it way easier for other mid champs to harass her (which is more of the counterplay they are talking about in the post). I've got a feeling that this will be another bad rework, but let's just hope I'm wrong.
I'm back!
Zeprido
<Ancient Member>
Zeprido's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 10, 2012 2:55am | Report
See Page 5 for my play experience.
Zeprido is currently:Online
If I've helped you at all in any way, or you really like my post click that +Rep button =)
You can always call me Zep for short =D
Feel free to private message me with questions/concerns or if you just want to chat =)

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide