Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Champion Spotlight - Ziggs, the Hexplosives Expert

Creator: Bryun January 31, 2012 7:27pm
Zell
<Member>
Zell's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 1, 2012 12:33pm | Report

Everyone does it bryun. That's why mobafire isn't taken as seriously or so some have said. But if you're a pro on solomid you can play 5 games and know everything about a champion....

I know this (second sentence) was probably intended as sarcasm of such but it is rather valid to an extent when it comes to a lot of champions. The publishers of the guide tend to absorb a lot more information per a game due to being "pro" (of course not all of them). Mobafire No.1 Galio Clarity guide ftw. :-(
Credit to Jeff and jhois for creating my signature and avatar design.
If I helped +Rep, if I didn't then +Rep the person who did.
Jovy
<Admin>
Jovy's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 1, 2012 12:34pm | Report
exactly
JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
JEFFY40HANDS's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 1, 2012 12:41pm | Report
Id say a 2 week period where new champion guides cannot be published. That allows for
A. Time to get to know a champion.
B. Time to prepare a well written ascetically pleasing guide.
C. Anyone who wanted to publish their guide right away so they could get "first dibs" and be boosted with ratings because their guide was the "best option" available at the time would fade away.
D. Any and all *** bags who just want to put out a guide to put it out and not do any work on it would be deturred and or forced to wait.

Problems that arise with this?
A. That would be an *** load of guides flooding the system.
B. Potentially counteracts the idea of giving everyone equal footing by forcing all new champ guides to be released at once means the "good ones" might get lost with the trash.
C. Still allows for all other problems previously stated merely assumes people who aren't devoted to making a good guide will not make one if theycant post it immideately.
JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
JEFFY40HANDS's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 1, 2012 12:49pm | Report
Zell wrote:

I know this (second sentence) was probably intended as sarcasm of such but it is rather valid to an extent when it comes to a lot of champions. The publishers of the guide tend to absorb a lot more information per a game due to being "pro" (of course not all of them). Mobafire No.1 Galio Clarity guide ftw. :-(

It was intended as sarcasm. And I concede that pros or high rated players hypothetically can absorb more information because of the level of play they engage in on a daily basis. But, there is also the fact that it does not make their guides complete. I watched hsgg play and build ziggs the exact same way on his smurf 4 or 5 games in a row. Does that mean because he hasn't tried other options that if he were to publish a guide with the build he used it would be the best? Time fram permits experimentation. Rushing it and just posting the build you decided to use doesn't mean there arent more things to try.

Everyone who wants to write a guide regardless of the champions shooould take their time. Not only in producing the guide but making sure that they really believe in the build they're using.
Bryun
<Magic Man>
Bryun's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 1, 2012 1:13pm | Report

Id say a 2 week period where new champion guides cannot be published. That allows for
A. Time to get to know a champion.
B. Time to prepare a well written ascetically pleasing guide.
C. Anyone who wanted to publish their guide right away so they could get "first dibs" and be boosted with ratings because their guide was the "best option" available at the time would fade away.
D. Any and all *** bags who just want to put out a guide to put it out and not do any work on it would be deturred and or forced to wait.

Problems that arise with this?
A. That would be an *** load of guides flooding the system.
B. Potentially counteracts the idea of giving everyone equal footing by forcing all new champ guides to be released at once means the "good ones" might get lost with the trash.
C. Still allows for all other problems previously stated merely assumes people who aren't devoted to making a good guide will not make one if theycant post it immideately.

A. Every time a new champion enters the database, guides usually flood the system anyways.
B. It usually takes time to weed out the good guides from the bad anyways (Regarding now, the top-rated guides on new champions aren't usually good either...). ^^
C. I see this as a plus side.... The people who aren't devoted to their guide and can't wait two weeks for a testing period shouldn't make one.

Slayus
<Member>
Slayus's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 1, 2012 1:21pm | Report
I said I am in the PROCESS of writing a guide... I never said I had a perfectly made guide that was 100% done and correct.... Geez... take a chill pill... get off your high horse...
Zell
<Member>
Zell's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 1, 2012 1:28pm | Report
Like I was pointing at, being good at the game doesn't necessarily mean your good at making guides and visa-versa. Lots of people don't try things simply due to them being deemed as unviable or looking at the maths so theres no need to actually try them out. Do you seriously think that any top guide has tried Tiamat for example? ^^
Credit to Jeff and jhois for creating my signature and avatar design.
If I helped +Rep, if I didn't then +Rep the person who did.
Xengo
<Member>
Xengo's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 1, 2012 1:37pm | Report
Oh boy. Ziggs is a pretty crazy champion from the looks of it. Saving up some ip to try him out. Tons of damage from this guy.
Dypheus
<Member>
Dypheus's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 1, 2012 2:05pm | Report

It was intended as sarcasm. And I concede that pros or high rated players hypothetically can absorb more information because of the level of play they engage in on a daily basis. But, there is also the fact that it does not make their guides complete. I watched hsgg play and build ziggs the exact same way on his smurf 4 or 5 games in a row. Does that mean because he hasn't tried other options that if he were to publish a guide with the build he used it would be the best? Time fram permits experimentation. Rushing it and just posting the build you decided to use doesn't mean there arent more things to try.

Everyone who wants to write a guide regardless of the champions shooould take their time. Not only in producing the guide but making sure that they really believe in the build they're using.

Me hopping on on this discussion-wagon, imo a true guide most come from a player who truly understands the champion. And you only truly understand your champion is when its your favorite, and you play like more then 100 games with her. Yes, 100 games. Maybe even more. Expierence > Math craftin / in theory.
If League of Legends is gay, then I am super****.
~Feel free to add me on LoL (EUW) Omerta, or on Skype: Joniakagod
Bryun
<Magic Man>
Bryun's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 1, 2012 2:09pm | Report
Slayus wrote:

I said I am in the PROCESS of writing a guide... I never said I had a perfectly made guide that was 100% done and correct.... Geez... take a chill pill... get off your high horse...

Did I say you were done with the guide whatsoever? No, I questioned why you were WRITING a guide when you haven't even played the champion yet. "He looks like he is extremely fun to play."

My horse is definitely not high. :)

@Zell Yes, that's true but it does sure help if you played the champion enough to understand the mechanic and play-style to make a guide for the said champion.

Regarding items, too many variables to claim whether an item is more viable than 'another', but I'd say if the math can determine with solid results than another, go for it. Even the top guides aren't perfect, and it's their fault for not trying things out. but stating things about under-rated items being viable didn't really make sense to me. I was talking about creating a guide with no experience, not creating one and being bad at the game.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide