Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! 🏆
's Forum Avatar

Chick-picking-up guide...

Creator: throatslasher October 15, 2012 11:16am
Minho
<Editor>
Minho's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 15, 2012 5:56pm | Report
AP Mid Zilean is pretty scary, tbh >.<
Sigs by: Xiao, Bree, Nameless, Jeffy, Jai, Hogo, Dreams, Tiny, 'Maw, & Wombo!
♫ 한국어 팝 ♫
♡ 타일러 ♡
FatelBlade
<Member>
FatelBlade's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 15, 2012 5:58pm | Report
AP Zilean is quite op in my opinion. As Throat said, he does require a great team, however the early game double Q damage is amazing, and late game his slow/speed up, plus his ult, makes him great, while he can still use his Q for some AOE damage, which can be great when poking.

And he does have that sexy sexy beard.
Thank you Jovy for this bomb *** sig!
Xaioli
<Veteran>
Xaioli's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 15, 2012 6:33pm | Report
I remember when Zilean was "op" in S1(think bigfatjiji days) and people found the hard counter to Zil and he fell out of favor like you see now. Can't you just take a hard all in AP champion and build some MR resist? That's how I and a lot of others beat AP Zil. As people said earlier, he requires a good team but he's niche like AP Nidalee. I mean definitely go ahead because it dosen't hurt making a new AP Zil guide, just my two cents on him since people were saying he's "op" and etc. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.
CasterMaster
<Veteran>
CasterMaster's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 15, 2012 7:02pm | Report
Wow that Zilean guide, I've never seen it before (probably because I've never ever EVER searched up Zilean).
If one thing I do know, he's a great counter to Ahri and he's definitely powerful played in the right hands. Do it, and don't dissapoint :)

I don't really ever play Zilean, and when I do, I play him AD. Playing him as an AD carry is hilarious, his coins hurt for huge damage and he just slows you for 8 seconds and then revives himself. I should try him AD seriously (or maybe even AP).

My Elise Guide | My Kassadin Guide
Thanks to jhoijhoi, albableat, Arcana3, GMD and I for the awesome sigs! im a zombie
Raiyuzaki
<Member>
Raiyuzaki's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 16, 2012 1:17am | Report
Ermahgerd, it's Zilean! I killed it!

... Nope..
Jovy
<Admin>
Jovy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 16, 2012 4:41am | Report
the title is very misleading btw
TxTVira
<Member>
TxTVira's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 16, 2012 5:19am | Report
AP zilean is like cait.
Strong lane and mediocre late game.

Hate fighting zileans.
They just warp up, place double bombs then running away with OP speed (pretty much like teemo top)
Though less of a damage dealer, his ult is annoying as hell on an ADC.

IMO he can win early game with ease, wrecking the enemy APC to compensate for low bursts.
Not the kind of champion I'm in favor of tho.
NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 16, 2012 7:16am | Report
He is one of the perfect champs for the "Protect the Kog'Maw team. Lategame, he can also speed up the tank and put a bomb on him so he can let it explode in the middle of the enemy. Also, you can potentionally use your ult twice in a fight with blue buff thanks to Rewind.

He also shuts down mid laners which want to kill the enemy mid, like LeBlanc. If they try that, ult, nope.^^

Zilean will be everytime a solid pick, just because of that insane lategame utility.
He is gonna kill you!!!
GrandmasterD
<Member>
GrandmasterD's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 16, 2012 8:02am | Report
The short range really hurts him a lot in lane. Zyra, Xerath, Orianna and Kassadin are notable mages he's very weak against. Additionally, lock-down hard-cc can take him out (including his ult) very quickly which makes him an overall quite risky pick.

To me, Zilean is practically identical to Yorick; bully in lane and late-game an ult for the ADC. Both are more than their ult late-game, of course, but that's what they are picked for. They both have the same flaws; weak laning-phase means that you become fairly useless apart from your ultimate. I didn't get the Alex Ich Zilean pick vs Orianna at all in the TPA vs. M5 match and I think that's what lost them that particular game.

Zilean seems to have huge potential but it also seems rather hard to exploit it nowadays. Newly released champions seem to have more range and more mobility than ever before. Both stats aren't exactly great for Zilean to have to deal with and, yes, this is an euphemism. Zilean requires a team rather that a team requires Zilean and that's not where it ends; he should fit against the enemy team composition as well.

Apart from Alex Ich I've never seen a good Zilean performing that well. Also, with Yorick in the game; he became quite obsolete. Zilean has potential but it's too hard to unlock these days. Zilean's future isn't exactly looking bright; he belongs in the past for now and oh.. the irony!
Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Vapora Dark's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 16, 2012 3:23pm | Report
Yorick top, Zilean mid, Kayle support, Kog'Maw, Vayne or Tristana AD carry. Let the fun begin.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide