Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's second Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! 🏆
's Forum Avatar

Cho Gath in lane: How do you win?

Creator: Babit December 15, 2011 3:14pm
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Babit
<Member>
Babit's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 15, 2011 3:14pm | Report
Ok so I consider myself a pretty decent player. Especially in the top lane. My worst fear in top lane though is a good Cho.

What in the hell do you do? I've tried being super aggressive. I may even get a kill or 2 (pre 6), but he stills ends up out csing me later on and pretty much winning the lane.

I've tried being passive and just farming, but this is definitely not what you do I've decided.

The only success I've had is having my jungler absolutely babysit my lane until I get the tower and we are able to force teamfights etc.

Please someone help me. What counters this monster in lane?

P.S. I know you should attack him in between cooldowns and try to force him out of lane, but he seems to just be able to regen all that life back in no time while you are getting lower and lower on both life and mana.

Khazem
<King of the Hill>
Khazem's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 15, 2011 3:20pm | Report
Udyr, Warwick and Swain are 3 very strong picks against him. Udyr will absolutely shred him early game and will outsustain his damage, Warwick just has more sustain and can actually zone Cho if played right. Swain has the range advantage and once he hits level 6 has a lot of damage and too much sustain for Cho to deal with
Babit
<Member>
Babit's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 15, 2011 3:25pm | Report
Hmm I'll have to try out udyr. This gives me a good reason to actually use him out of the jungle :P

MOAR PLOX

Vavena
<Member>
Vavena's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 15, 2011 3:26pm | Report
Irelia is pretty good vs cho considering her true damage.

Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 15, 2011 3:29pm | Report
After Cho gets his ult and gets those stacks up you won't be able to kill him, so a champion that can play aggressive early on is generally a good choice (I've had the most trouble with Udyr I think). Also agree with Warwick, dat sustain @.@

You could try Garen. Haven't faced him but I think he'd do ok.

Thanks to MissMaw for the signature!
Pølsemanden
<Member>
Pølsemanden's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 15, 2011 3:33pm | Report
Irelia, start boots+3 hp pots, dodge ravage, stay on him. If u keep zoning him, he won't be able to sustain(ur true-damage will outdamage his spikes)
Also since u're probably gonna be facing duo ap: wits end is such a ****ing good buy!!!
Ty MM and Blood for the sigs :3 | Rammus is comming back - heard it here first!

"Carrying"-guide | My reviewservice
samgoeslol
<Member>
samgoeslol's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 15, 2011 3:37pm | Report
wow there is tons of things that beat cho in lane :)
just tell me what you are playing against him atm and i might be able to help you out

btw
it entirely depends on yr champion and the junglers how you play.
ie you are playing skarner, you can zone him early but your primary goal is to farm
same goes for nasus. Irelia beats the **** out of him (true dmg) and ive managed to beat tons of chos with tryndamere udyr skarner irelia trundle and i hear garen poops on him aswell^^
just get the matchups right and you will win :)
chos weakness is early when he doesnt have feast stacks and then again superlategame where every tank just falls apart by a few ad-carry hits^^

greez sam
<-summonername on EUW: strawhatbro
check out my blog
+rep if you like my posts^^
watch my stream
follow me on twitter and facebook
TheJohn
<Editor>
TheJohn's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 15, 2011 3:58pm | Report
When I play as Cho Gath, I prefer maxing the silence first, its easier to land and destroys the enemy strategy
Killing him when he has 6 stacks is really hard, and if he get some armor, MR, more HP and HP regen, forget it, hes not going down

The best ways are:

#1: Zoning - dont let him kill minions and get exp (thats kinda tough since he has damage and range to farm)
#2: AD carry - Vayne is an excelente Cho killer
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 15, 2011 4:11pm | Report
Add me in game and I will tutor you in the ways of the solo top~
Fox Rage
<Member>
Fox Rage's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 15, 2011 4:26pm | Report
When I see a cho, I go for KogMaw or Vayne top. I laugh at my own team's rage caus I ad carry top, yet cho gets pwned by both of them, especially vayne since dodging rupture with her is so freaking easy. Don't follow that damn metagame, don't be afraid to change the lane-line up.

IMO, Counter-lane line-up > Metagame lane line-up

But hey, that's just me.

Back to subject, go for vayne or kog if you want to counter cho really hard.

+rep me and you'll get good karma, wich means you won't be reincarnated into a rock! Isn't that awesome?

But yes this idea has been discussed more than Pam Anderson's tits in a plastic surgeons office.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide