Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Crit Chance vs Crit Damage

Creator: VoiD October 21, 2011 2:01pm
1 2 3
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 25, 2011 2:21am | Report
Darcurse wrote:

Why did the new value of CrC surpasses the previous one after buying I.E.?

Don't confuse yourself with the specifics unless you understand :P

CrC runes get more powerful with Infinity Edge because the CrD on IE makes CrC more effective.
"Doing something, almost being done, then parents come in and don't let you finish.
Yes, I had a rough childhood." - devdevil
ExamplePrime
<Member>
ExamplePrime's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 25, 2011 3:42am | Report
ArmourPen means you don't need to get ArmourPen
Crit Chance means you don't have to get Crit Items

Tanky runes means you don't have to get as many Tanky Items

Weigh up your options and build around it
Shameless plug: www.youtube.com/Exampleprime
---
I play games, I write stories. And I make youtube videos that are way to long.
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 25, 2011 4:05am | Report
^No.
Only the last part of that is correct.
Google has a job title called "Head of Black Community Engagement"..
I don't know whether to cry or laugh.. or both.
Yagamoth
<Member>
Yagamoth's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 25, 2011 6:59am | Report
@ExamplePrime: You don't want to balance your things out. You want to get the maximum in a specific area ;)

Question: Is the IE Crit Damage multiplied with Crit Damage Runes?

edit: nvm
"I'd love to write a guide about 'getting out of elo hell', but I can't find a way to get in there.."
Darcurse
<Member>
Darcurse's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 25, 2011 3:29pm | Report
Searz wrote:

Don't confuse yourself with the specifics unless you understand :P

CrC runes get more powerful with Infinity Edge because the CrD on IE makes CrC more effective.

I said that already myself... yeah.
But you didnt even try to answer my little calculation.
I only asked you if i made a mistake, since it easily states the total opposite of what you said there.

Theoretically:
*Using some CrD you need less CrC to do the dmg you would do without. (ofc...)
*But CrD is worth nothing without CrC and its value increases with the amount of CrC.
->You´ll need to reach a certain amount of CrC before the "enhancing state" CrD surpasses its value.
(You mentioned all that already)
*Also you came to the conclusion that adding more CrD changes the turning point.
*In your opinion: More CrD = higher valued CrC (thats what we are clear on,but...)
-> Since CrC has now a higher value you need to get more before CrD has the same worth again.

I guess we are clear that we dont add sth like gold cost etc so the only "value" we can talk about is dmg.
I cant grab your concept behind that idea of yours. For example, if we add more CrD than I.E./Masteries/Runes can provide, in your opinion the turning point would rise even further (even if it stagnataes somewhere, doesnt matter).

Just thinking of CrD not as an equal but an side state to CrC:
With more CrD, CrC has more value
-> You need less of the "new" CrC to gain the same value like the "old" one.
But since CrD cant work without CrC there must be an amount that cant be undercutted before CrD becomes legit.

Edit:

Ok seems like maths beats logic. Just had some time so I did calcs and the result took me to the point where I doubt that CrD is worth anything.

Just decided to compare a full rune set of CrC(20,25%) and CrD(45,51%) by adding mastery and I.E.:

100AD | 305,51%CrD | 75%CrC | 100hits = 25x100 + 75x(100x300,51) = 2500(noncrit) + 2253825(crit)
100AD | 260%CrD | 95,25%CrC | 100hits = 4,75x100 + 95,25x(100x260) = 475 + 2476500

So if im not totally in the wrong there, CrD wouldnt even be close to surpass CrC even if you get 75%CrC, since buying I.E., skilling Lethality is a given.
CelticChampion
<Member>
CelticChampion's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 25, 2011 3:42pm | Report
Pst which runes are better. Quints of Fortitude *26 Health* or Quints of Vitality *2.7 health per level 48.6 health at lvl 18* I use tanks and off-tanks like Jarvan.
Press that +Rep button to help a pal out =3
*Sigs: Alexanpt, JEFFY40HANDS, The_Nameless_Bard and JakofAllSpaydes*
Darcurse
<Member>
Darcurse's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 25, 2011 4:08pm | Report

Pst which runes are better. Quints of Fortitude *26 Health* or Quints of Vitality *2.7 health per level 48.6 health at lvl 18* I use tanks and off-tanks like Jarvan.

That doesnt belong here...
Since Hp is pretty meh regarding its value and comparing the amount of Hp and Ap/Ad/Pen on Quints you should only get them to burst your early, so the flat ones.
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 25, 2011 6:40pm | Report
Darcurse wrote:

I only asked you if i made a mistake, since it easily states the total opposite of what you said there.

Didn't look at those, but the ones in this comment is not opposite to what I said.
Quoted:

What?...
Quoted:
*But CrD is worth nothing without CrC and its value increases with the amount of CrC.
->You´ll need to reach a certain amount of CrC before the "enhancing state" CrD surpasses its value.
(You mentioned all that already)

Yes.
Quoted:
*Also you came to the conclusion that adding more CrD changes the turning point.

Yes. Since CrC scales with the added stat while CrD doesn't scale with CrD.

Quoted:
I cant grab your concept behind that idea of yours. For example, if we add more CrD than I.E./Masteries/Runes can provide, in your opinion the turning point would rise even further (even if it stagnataes somewhere, doesnt matter).

Yes, obviously. Since CrD doesn't scale with CrD while CrC does.

Quoted:
100AD | 305,51%CrD | 75%CrC | 100hits = 25x100 + 75x(100x300,51) = 2500(noncrit) + 2253825(crit)
100AD | 260%CrD | 95,25%CrC | 100hits = 4,75x100 + 95,25x(100x260) = 475 + 2476500

So if im not totally in the wrong there, CrD wouldnt even be close to surpass CrC even if you get 75%CrC, since buying I.E., skilling Lethality is a given.

Oh, if you include the mastery the turning point will go even higher than the 62.5% it is with IE.
But I doubt it will be above 70.

A much easier way to calculate that would be to just use (this is the same calculation btw):

(crit:)305.51*0.75+(non-crit:)100*0.25 = (average damage:)254.1325

260*0.9525+100*0.0475 = 252.4

So in your calculation you did something wrong with the crit damage runes. The CrC one was correct though.

iBradlee
<Member>
iBradlee's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 25, 2011 7:02pm | Report
Darcurse wrote:

That doesnt belong here...

Who are you to say it doesn't?
It's a thread about which runes to purchase, and he's popping in to ask a simple question, which is in fact rune-related. The guy's just asking a rune question. It's not like he jumped into the conversation, and is suddenly talking about the latest episode of My Little Pony.

You, shush.

@Celtic
The link's already in this thread somewhere, but the best I can do is THIS

I don't want to give advise on things I'm not 100% sure on, so I'll just leave you with Searz's guide. I'm sure it'll be able to answer your question, as well as any other rune related questions you may have.
Darcurse
<Member>
Darcurse's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 26, 2011 11:39am | Report
Darcurse wrote:

Searz wrote:

What?...

Just stated sth obivious there: If you add CrD on some CrC you need less of it to do the same dmg you´d do without CrD.
Guess thats also the point which mislead me on this.

Darcurse wrote:

Searz wrote:

Oh, if you include the mastery the turning point will go even higher than the 62.5% it is with IE.
But I doubt it will be above 70.

A much easier way to calculate that would be to just use (this is the same calculation btw):

(crit:)305.51*0.75+(non-crit:)100*0.25 = (average damage:)254.1325

260*0.9525+100*0.0475 = 252.4

So in your calculation you did something wrong with the crit damage runes. The CrC one was correct though.

Dunno about my calcs atm, damn tired right now. Just figured that i used 300,51 instead of 305,51 accidentally, but that doesnt rly change anything.
The only thing thats a tad more "complicated" is that i took the test amount of 100 hits and divided them into crit and noncrit using the percental amount. Maybe theres some issue.

@iBradlee:
"Replying to "Crit Chance vs Crit Damage""
Thats why. There should be a fitting Thread/maybe even an answer around already, and to top it I even replied to him properly, so zip it.
1 2 3

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide