Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

CS'ing "well"?

Creator: OTGBionicArm January 5, 2013 11:27am
39 posts - page 2 of 4
A Chubby Baby
<Veteran>
A Chubby Baby's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 5, 2013 5:42pm | Report
for each minute X 10 = how many creeps you should have.

if you do have that many, you are doing well.
DemonSovereign
<Member>
DemonSovereign's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 5, 2013 7:31pm | Report

for each minute X 10 = how many creeps you should have.

if you do have that many, you are doing well.

For me that's a pretty high standard. For me as long as I have more CS than any enemy on the enemy team, I'm okay with it. Just 160-170 CS at 20 minutes would be good enough for me. Mainly because you have to factor in the teamfights that break out meaning no CS.

@OTG
Why does every single Mordekaiser you play against build Rylai's Crystal Scepter?! >.>
Your screenies make me mad. Must hunt down and bich slap these people.
Thanks TinyStar for the amazing sig<3
Care to check out my Mordekaiser guide? I'd appreciate it :D
Dark Metallica-Rocking With Mordekaiser
Arcypher
<Member>
Arcypher's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 5, 2013 7:35pm | Report
100 cs in 10 minutes = perfect score.

Honestly though, try to aim for at least 75 at 10 minutes for yourself while denying your opponent's cs. If you are at least 20 above your opponent, you'll be able to snowball harder than they can, and it'll be harder for them to catch up.
Siggy made by me. <3
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 5, 2013 7:45pm | Report

@OTG
Why does every single Mordekaiser you play against build Rylai's Crystal Scepter?! >.>
Your screenies make me mad. Must hunt down and bich slap these people.

They are aware this pains you.
Psychofrench
<Member>
Psychofrench's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 5, 2013 8:04pm | Report
So today I ended up with a premade trio, one of them being my ADC to support with Maokai. I didn't know he was level 23 until the end. After 10 minutes or so, I pointed out to him that 8 cs was rather ****ty. He finished with 54 cs in 30 minutes playing Grave...

To cs well you have to go with the mindset that every crumb matters, that you and not your tower needs to kill those minions. Hovering by the enemy's turret because he is low life while his minions are dying behind you doesn't make you badass, it makes you wasteful of the most precious resources the game has to offer. As a support, I always tell my ADC, farm!farm!farm!!! This is what the game is all about. Denying the enemy farm is just as important as getting some yourself, it creates the gap that will decide the outcome of the incoming fights.
DemonSovereign
<Member>
DemonSovereign's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 5, 2013 8:06pm | Report

They are aware this pains you.

These people must be taught a lesson...
Thanks TinyStar for the amazing sig<3
Care to check out my Mordekaiser guide? I'd appreciate it :D
Dark Metallica-Rocking With Mordekaiser
Embracing
<Crowd Favorite>
Embracing's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 5, 2013 8:06pm | Report
EvilDice wrote:

cs comes down to a lot of factors in all honesty. don't focus on the number, focus on getting every single last hit when you are in lane. make sure you hear the "cha-ching" for every creep. that's all that's important, really. as you get better at the game you are going to learn when to farm and when to be with the team, when to roam and when to be in your lane, when to farm your wraith camps, etc.. all these variables are going to effect your cs. if you focus solely on last hitting the number is going to increase automatically, if you focus on the number you may be adversely effecting your team because you are trying to have the most cs in the game.

as far as mechanics go you should just work on them one step at a time. work on last hitting, then worry about map awareness, etc.. trying to do too many things at once will probably result in you improving very slowly. soon this stuff will become automatic.

^

Honestly speaking people in lower levels overvalue the "cs" number. As you become better as a player you will know instinctly when you're behind and when you're ahead. There are too many things to factor in to actually give a proper value. People say aim for 200 cs in 20 minutes because that's the ideal cs you want to get. It's generally not achievable if you're in a pressured lane or you engage in a lot of skirmishes or fights. Focus on getting all the cs you can actually last hit. If there's a creep that is in danger zone just don't count that in. If you miss a cs right in front of you, then that's a sign that you're not doing well.

Don't actually focus too much on the cs value and actually focus on the game flow and momentum. Mechanics are important but in the end what makes or breaks the game are the plays that people make.
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 5, 2013 8:21pm | Report
Precisely, Embracing.

I've always felt I am simply better at actually fighting people and team fighting.

For instance I was playing a game earlier as Varus, and we got ganked hard and early by Lee Sin.

Ezreal was up 4 kills in lane and up 40 CS (I had about 80 CS by 12 minutes, meh). But come team fights, I was unstoppable and still ended the game 8/2 despite being "beaten" in lane.

Is there such a thing as champions that excel at team fight combacks?
Embracing
<Crowd Favorite>
Embracing's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 5, 2013 8:25pm | Report
There's not really a champion that excels in teamfight comebacks. There are champions that do better in teamfights than duels though. Generally "comebacks" are only when you're been outplayed and if you play right you won't get outplayed.
Foo18
<Member>
Foo18's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 5, 2013 8:27pm | Report
Embracing wrote:

There's not really a champion that excels in teamfight comebacks. There are champions that do better in teamfights than duels though. Generally "comebacks" are only when you're been outplayed and if you play right you won't get outplayed.

Nope, there's Karthus, Morgana and Katarina. I don't like playing against them in mid lane because it feels like, no matter how hard I shut them down, they always wind up getting fed once lane phase ends.
__________________________________Ignorance is not bliss. Ignorance of your ignorance is bliss._________________________________

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide