Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Doran's Blade start on Junglers

Creator: DarkPercy August 1, 2013 7:00pm
NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 2, 2013 4:04am | Report
Fiddle starts with Doran's Ring, not Doran's Blade. Still, it is a Doran's.^^
Janitsu
<Moderator>
Janitsu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 2, 2013 4:31am | Report
I think Doran's Blade is viable start for anyone who can sustain themselves. Like Lee Sin or Xin Zhao.

Thanks to OwenTheAwesomer for the signature =)
I post stuff
<Member>
I post stuff's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 2, 2013 4:57am | Report
I start Doran's Blade on Xin Zhao, they make his gank hurt a lot. I'm not sure whether to run LS or MS quints, though. Because with LS his sustain is better, but with MS his ganks are better.

Without LS I'm at ~85% hp, which is fine to gank with.
I don't play LoL anymore.
Embracing
<Crowd Favorite>
Embracing's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 2, 2013 5:06am | Report
good on udyr, elise, lee sin.
Pølsemanden
<Member>
Pølsemanden's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 2, 2013 6:35am | Report
Tried it a couple of times on Shaco my only real problem was that you couldn't "powergank" as much since you have to back after 2 mins into your buffs "wasting" buff-time. But i guess shaco's kind of a one of a kind case.
Ty MM and Blood for the sigs :3 | Rammus is comming back - heard it here first!

"Carrying"-guide | My reviewservice
Babit
<Member>
Babit's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 2, 2013 8:03am | Report
utopus wrote:

Apparently, there's this weird guy namedDufftime That sometimes plays dorans blade start junglers from time to time

Sounds like a weird dude, huh? ;]

Lol, is he still around poisoning the intellectual well with his crazy(but good) ideas?

adam1994rules
<Member>
adam1994rules's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 2, 2013 1:36pm | Report
I don't do this. That's all i am gonna say.

Adam
kT coffee
<Member>
kT coffee's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 4, 2013 3:50pm | Report
Encross wrote:

tl;dr get it if you plan to gank constantly before your first back, otherwise Hunter's Machete is better.

That's about it. You're just delaying your machete for better starting game ganks.

Actually, no. The entire purpose of Doran start is to complete a full clear without Machete, then back, or situationally gank or tax, and proceed with way better stats than what Machete gives you. After a clear to level 4, you can back and buy a second Doran with pots and a ward. Now you're stronger than if you would've started Machete and backed, since you have 80 or 160 HP more, 10 or 20 AD more and 5 or 10 on-hit regen.

It's also ******ed not to jungle with Doran start on heroes like Elise and Lee Sin that have even more sustain or tankiness to warrant Doran's stats over Machete.
Joshified
<Member>
Joshified's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 4, 2013 6:21pm | Report
Embracing wrote:

good on udyr, elise, lee sin.

Elise?
Sounds interesting, mind elaborating a bit on it? C:

Lee sin can clear the jungle with Doran's Blade easy peasy. I start with it pretty much every game and generally look for a quick level 3 gank or an invade on the enemy jungle. Otherwise I will just clear, go back, buy boots/ward/pots and gank. Boots/Ward/Dorans pretty much makes your ganks unavoidable.
I don't actually buy jungle items on Lee Sin anymore. I get two doran's blades then go straight into aegis, it helps his early game SO much and makes him much tankier much quicker.

Mundo goes where he pleases.

And pleases, where he goes.

kT coffee
<Member>
kT coffee's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 5, 2013 1:28am | Report
Joshified wrote:

Elise?
Sounds interesting, mind elaborating a bit on it? C:

Lee sin can clear the jungle with Doran's Blade easy peasy. I start with it pretty much every game and generally look for a quick level 3 gank or an invade on the enemy jungle. Otherwise I will just clear, go back, buy boots/ward/pots and gank. Boots/Ward/Dorans pretty much makes your ganks unavoidable.
I don't actually buy jungle items on Lee Sin anymore. I get two doran's blades then go straight into aegis, it helps his early game SO much and makes him much tankier much quicker.

Elise should pretty much always start Doran because she doesn't even take any noticeable amount of damage between having sustain with spider W and not taking damage anyways with spiders.

You should/can still get Ancient Golem after Doran start as it's extremely cost-efficient in stats aside from giving better clear (500 HP, CDR and Tenacity for 2k is cost-efficient as ****). The purpose of Doran start is just to have a stronger early game towards midgame with health and AD as opposed to some regen and clearspeed that is overshadowed by Doran anyways.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide