Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! 🏆
's Forum Avatar

Draven Fan Thread (discuss good games, builds,...

Creator: xchinchillakillax October 5, 2012 11:42am
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 9, 2012 7:43am | Report
"orb walk"?
Temzilla
<Member>
Temzilla's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 9, 2012 7:48am | Report

I AM DRAAAVEN

anyone else notice how difficult it is to "orb walk" with him while Spinning Axe is up? He loses so much damage without Spinning Axe up.

Yeah, but with it, he two shots kids.
Tri lane for life.
Nighthawk
<Veteran>
Nighthawk's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 9, 2012 8:59am | Report
@Rose

cus everyone and their mother is playing aggressive supports/adc's, i just rush ie (**** boots/dorans) and max w, let's you be more mobile in lane to the point where it's hard to engage + for midgame teamfights it's way better then running around trying to spam Q's.

that's just me though ;p

OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 9, 2012 9:03am | Report
Nighthawk wrote:

@Rose

cus everyone and their mother is playing aggressive supports/adc's, i just rush ie (**** boots/dorans) and max w, let's you be more mobile in lane to the point where it's hard to engage + for midgame teamfights it's way better then running around trying to spam Q's.

that's just me though ;p

This hurts me deeply. D:
Temzilla
<Member>
Temzilla's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 9, 2012 9:23am | Report
Nighthawk wrote:

@Rose

that's just me though ;p

MS is actually an op as **** stat.
Tri lane for life.
JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
JEFFY40HANDS's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 9, 2012 9:49am | Report
MS is universally a good stat, it doesn't "make you" stronger per say, it can work on everyone.

That said, NOT maxing spinning axes drops your trade potential and makes last hitting more of a chore. Blood Rush if used repeatedly OOms you incredibly fast. I go R>Q>W>E maxing spinning axes by 9 and rush by 13.

IE (on Draven) is a purely late game item. Most of the time you don't have the crit chance needed to make it useful until ~25 minutes (unless you're getting extremely fed and farming like a boss. Even with Draven's additional damage on crits getting IE still isn't worth the early game investment. Blood thirster ramps up your trades and provides more damage WHILE spinning axe is up. Forgoing the all out raw damage/sustain for the spike damage on IE is as far as I'm concerned a poor choice. Most "good" Draven's can keep spinning axe up over the course of an engagement. If you're getting crits from IE while Spinning Axe is up, you're actually wasting stats (in the early game)

BT early provides so much more for Draven over IE. Your main source of damage in lane/early fights is going to be spinning axes. If you're not maxing their potential I dare say you don't know how to play Draven. But that's me.
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 9, 2012 5:01pm | Report
Bloodthirster is OP. Life steal full effect on Spinning Axe. I tell all my supports to rush zeke's herald too, for extra stupid lifesteal.
Berzerk
<Member>
Berzerk's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 9, 2012 7:30pm | Report
This thread is invalid. It's not draven, DRAAAAVVVVVVENNNNNN

Check out my complete guide to top lane here.
Check out my Jayce guide here.
Pølsemanden
<Member>
Pølsemanden's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 10, 2012 3:05am | Report

MS is universally a good stat, it doesn't "make you" stronger per say, it can work on everyone.

That said, NOT maxing spinning axes drops your trade potential and makes last hitting more of a chore. Blood Rush if used repeatedly OOms you incredibly fast. I go R>Q>W>E maxing spinning axes by 9 and rush by 13.

IE (on Draven) is a purely late game item. Most of the time you don't have the crit chance needed to make it useful until ~25 minutes (unless you're getting extremely fed and farming like a boss. Even with Draven's additional damage on crits getting IE still isn't worth the early game investment. Blood thirster ramps up your trades and provides more damage WHILE spinning axe is up. Forgoing the all out raw damage/sustain for the spike damage on IE is as far as I'm concerned a poor choice. Most "good" Draven's can keep spinning axe up over the course of an engagement. If you're getting crits from IE while Spinning Axe is up, you're actually wasting stats (in the early game)

BT early provides so much more for Draven over IE. Your main source of damage in lane/early fights is going to be spinning axes. If you're not maxing their potential I dare say you don't know how to play Draven. But that's me.

I was laning with you at some point with draven you did "fine" you were waaaaay too passive since draven ***** on everything(with the mild exceptions of a well played ezreal and caitlyn) in lane.

To all the draven players. You NEED 2 doran's blades on draven, you don't have an escape if you get stunned you are dead without at least 2 doran's blades midgame on draven.

Only rush a bloodthirster if you can get it before 15 minutes(if you're stomping), if not go for vamp scepter -> IE because that gives you more damage for midgame teamfights since if you get it past 15 minutes won't have time to stack it till 100 ad before the teamfights happen.

So if your build looks like this at 15 minutes you're good to go: Zerker greaves, doran's, (if skipping it means a pre-15 minute bt, skip the second one) doran's, bloodthirster.

If it looks like this at 20, you're also good to go: zerker, doran's, doran's, vamp, IE.

Also, this:
Ty MM and Blood for the sigs :3 | Rammus is comming back - heard it here first!

"Carrying"-guide | My reviewservice
JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
JEFFY40HANDS's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 10, 2012 6:33am | Report
You were Lux and I was Draven. You had some early lag issues. As well going aggro against a Blitz is a gamble. I agree I needed to be more aggressive though, or I generally should. Double Doran's early isn't a bad thing, I just like getting BT ASAP :P

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide