Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Early Lane Holds as Jungler

Creator: VexRoth November 24, 2015 10:59am
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 24, 2015 10:59am | Report
If you have a laner die really early, assuming you are close to the lane it happened in, should you bother holding their lane since the enemy laner probably will not be able to do that much damage to the tower?

I know lane XP and gold is nummy for a jungler, but maybe not worth it in certain circumstances?

I need to review the vid to see exactly what happened, but I lost half my jungle to a Graves jungle while holding mid lane for our Fizz that couldn't seem to figure out he couldn't jump on their mid Shaco because Jack In The Box and Deceive.

I was playing Tryndamere who doesn't have the greatest wave clear.
Insensible
<Member>
Insensible's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 3, 2015 5:47pm | Report
If your mid or top laner dies, you should either try to even the minions, or if notice that his minions are about to push, force it to the enemy tower, so when your teammate gets back to the lane, it's pushed to his side. You'll also gain xp and gold, witch is nice.
Joxuu
<Fabulous>
Joxuu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 4, 2015 1:15am | Report
It's worth to hold the lane if you have almost a whole minion wave or more going to a turret and you happen to be near the lane.

"A person giving you advice isn't perfect and has their own shortcomings but they may give you the piece that you're missing."
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 4, 2015 7:30am | Report
Joxuu wrote:
It's worth to hold the lane if you have almost a whole minion wave or more going to a turret and you happen to be near the lane.

That was exactly the situation. Only problem was that I took a helluva lot of harass from Shaco while trying clear the minion wave from the turret and Fizz took his sweet time getting back to lane. By the time I got into my blue side jungle it was all gone. Making me question the worth of that particular hold.

For all I know Graves may have started on that side of my jungle. Had that happen vs a Maokai once and there is no real way to know since peeps in soloqueue don't ward the jungle entrances at a minimum and you will sometimes even piss them off if you ask them to ward.

Shaco is actually a pretty good pick against dive in type champions like Fizz in a one v one laning situation. Just box behind you and peace out with stealth if things get too hot.

Graves jungle I might have to try after having gotten stomped by two of them. They seem to be able clear really fast and do good damage during ganks.

;nutshell - usually worth the hold but you have to consider the big picture.
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 4, 2015 7:36am | Report
Insensible wrote:
If your mid or top laner dies, you should either try to even the minions, or if notice that his minions are about to push, force it to the enemy tower, so when your teammate gets back to the lane, it's pushed to his side. You'll also gain xp and gold, witch is nice.

I mostly get the difference and will either hold or push to tower depending on the situation. Occasionally I find that my timing is off on push.

My rough analysis is that if your wave clear is ****py and the enemy wave is at your turret you won't be able to push fast enough to get an even reset in the middle of the lane in which case you should just hold.

I hate putting my laner in a bad situation, so I am trying to figure this part out, so if anyone has any tips (and I may ask this as a separate question), I would love to hear them.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide