Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

EU servers are being split up

Creator: Luther3000 June 29, 2011 1:52pm
Crazy Smurf
<Member>
Crazy Smurf's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 30, 2011 9:14am | Report
"because they expect a lot more growth and thus players in the future."

AHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA.
+Rep for Riot, that made me lose my balance.
- Witcher 1 and 2 Collecter Editions - Best RPGs in tha World -
orochinagi
<Member>
orochinagi's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 30, 2011 9:19am | Report

"because they expect a lot more growth and thus players in the future."

AHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA.
+Rep for Riot, that made me lose my balance.

You don't always get what you expect...
76. GLHF is code for "We are going to rape you". Not returning the favor is giving consent.
NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 30, 2011 9:24am | Report
You NEVER get what you expect...
BigDaddyPedro
<Member>
BigDaddyPedro's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 30, 2011 9:31am | Report
I got exactly what I expected out of Riot...............

More teemo skins
Zhank you to jhoijhoi and Spoon as well as wRAth for the awesomez Sigz <3
Gavranko
<Member>
Gavranko's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 30, 2011 3:18pm | Report
Look,the whole point here is,either you're going to organize yourselves as a whole group and move together in order to STAY together,or you're not really BFFs and you'll make do without each other.If you mourn the fact that you can't play with your friends anymore,but do not want to move because of them,then you're unwilling to sacrifice yourselves for the friend,making your friendship utterly(or at least partly) false.Depends what you consider a friend,anyway.If you want to wait,be my guest.But Riot have been nothing but amazing since the word GO,making a FREE GAME(more popular than WoW),doing their best to maintain balance(it's actually harder than you think).Sure,they'd be more stable if they had more money,but then the question must be begged,would you still be playing this?
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 30, 2011 3:22pm | Report
The thing is that Riot has BOATLOADS of money. They got bought by some company and got several hundred millions for it.(think it was 600mill)
Money really shouldn't be the bottleneck >.>
"Doing something, almost being done, then parents come in and don't let you finish.
Yes, I had a rough childhood." - devdevil
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 30, 2011 3:25pm | Report
@Gavranko,

Fair point, but some of my friends are adamant about staying on the West server, and others are equally determined to stay on the East server. What should I do now? Whichever server I go to, I'm going to lose people from my friend list, and that makes me sad =(

I was actually very supportive of Riot and fairly happy with their decisions up until now. Maybe this change really is necessary, but it doesn't really make me feel better about it.

And yes, Riot do have a ton of money. Not only because of being bought, they also rake in money from skins and champion sales.
PotatisFarfar
<Veteran>
PotatisFarfar's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 30, 2011 3:26pm | Report
Give uss the option to choose server...

But no... We need to pay for a purly automated service... FU!
BigDaddyPedro
<Member>
BigDaddyPedro's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 30, 2011 3:27pm | Report
Gavranko wrote:

Look,the whole point here is,either you're going to organize yourselves as a whole group and move together in order to STAY together,or you're not really BFFs and you'll make do without each other.If you mourn the fact that you can't play with your friends anymore,but do not want to move because of them,then you're unwilling to sacrifice yourselves for the friend,making your friendship utterly(or at least partly) false.Depends what you consider a friend,anyway.If you want to wait,be my guest.But Riot have been nothing but amazing since the word GO,making a FREE GAME(more popular than WoW),doing their best to maintain balance(it's actually harder than you think).Sure,they'd be more stable if they had more money,but then the question must be begged,would you still be playing this?

Proof or gtfo.
Zhank you to jhoijhoi and Spoon as well as wRAth for the awesomez Sigz <3
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 30, 2011 5:24pm | Report
I found a great picture on the forums that illustrates something I was saying earlier.

Luther3000 wrote:

Anything else; I've played popular games in the past that used one single set of servers for EU. At the very least, they should allow players to log into both of the new EU platforms from the same account, without having to choose one to stay on forever, or having to pay to switch. If one platform got too full, people could use the second. I guess I'm thinking of something like the realms in world of warcraft, except being able to switch between them without having to pay £32042953.

This is what I want, and I see absolutely no reason why Riot could not simply do this instead of exploiting more money by charging for server switches.

EDIT: Seems that the thread I found this picture in was just closed by Riot for absolutely no reason. It was very politely worded, with helpful suggestions for how this could work, and not insulting anyone in any way. Starting to really lose faith in Riot.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide