Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

First batch of season changes coming to the PBE...

Creator: astrolia November 15, 2012 7:41pm
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 16, 2012 12:42am | Report
The fact that Hurricane only grants AS is kinda hindering to fit it into a carries build.

I'll have to figure out a way to do it. XD
koksei
<Member>
koksei's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 16, 2012 12:58am | Report

The fact that Hurricane only grants AS is kinda hindering to fit it into a carries build.

I'll have to figure out a way to do it. XD

um.. you kinda can attack 3 people with it, + attack speed :P
there should be a "trigger" button tho, cuz you wouldn't be able to freeze the lane with it

~ Sig by Xiaowiriamu ~
DillButt64
<Editor>
DillButt64's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 16, 2012 1:23am | Report
koksei you shouldnt be building pure AS that early in the game to need to be able to freeze the lane or not, at least you shouldnt be building this first

the fact that it gives pure AS in an item means that theyll do a lot less damage than with other items they could get

honestly this item and the item that gives 100% crit and AS as an active are gonna be in noob adc builds for a while and theyll be doing no damage but get to that 2.5 pretty easy

and really i dont know why you guys think the hurricane and other items are scary when supports can have free wards, an item that lowers the CD on heal and disappears after three levels, gp10 in an item that also gives you 30% slow aura every minute, a bush checker item that builds from a gold item, another support item that gives some ap and then some hp regen to teammates and lets you get promote plus more damage to minions, and then an item thats basically cleanse plus a heal on another champion every 3 minutes, plus boots that can go to tier 3 boots, not like the support needs any of the tier 3 boots. but now supports can actually get a full build because of all the easy ways supports can get gold now with masteries and not having to buy wards because of the new item and 3 of those items building from gold items, one of which keeping the gp10 passive

a fully built support with those items is gonna be scarier than the ADC building the new pure AS items to me
Thanks to TheNamelessBard for the signature
astrolia
<Fabulous>
astrolia's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 16, 2012 1:30am | Report
Nami seems pretty fun/rewarding. Her W is really powerful, tho it costs a ton of mana. It's a harass and a heal that doesn't push your lane (!!!). Her Q is also really strong, but hard to land. Using her R first helps you land it. Her autoattack animation with her spear is insanely slow, but it is ranged.

Support itemization now is like Philo/Kage's/Sightstone ASAP. I don't think the upper tier utility masteries are that great. On supports, I usually take hybrid def/util masteries, and the new upper tier utility hasn't made me change my mind much on that. Like, you can go 0/13/17 and get all of the important damage trading masteries for lane and all of the important gold generation masteries, plus the new Pickpocket mastery.

Mastermind is now a tier 2 mastery, but it's less powerful (-10% summoner cooldown @ level 3). It also isn't as useful compared to some new masteries, especially if you're tight on points. The new Artificer mastery is also tier 2, and it decreases usage time on active items (like Shurelya's Battlesong and other new items) by 15%. There are also masteries that let you start off the game with an additional hp/mana pot and a mini-ward.

Zeke's Herald got a pretty big nerf - it now gives AD instead of ASPD (this is understandable, they are toning down ASPD in the game) but it still gives 15% CDR. Shurelya's only gives 10% now, tho Locket also gives 10%. Kage's Breath (mini-lulu ult) and Crucible (targeted heal/cleanse) are incredible support items, and neither gives CDR.

Hurricane on Kog is pretty ridiculous. They might need to re-balance Kog or Hurricane. And Spirit Visage is probably going to be built on everyone who wants any 2 of CDR/HP/MRES even if they don't have any healing effects. For jungling, on utility junglers who skill Wealth, it's possible to start Hunter's Machete + Flask and resell the Flask later, but you really need your team mates to help you do some damage.

Overall, building defenses costs more, and building offense costs less. Even B. F. Sword's price was reduced.

Edit:
DillButt64 wrote:
*stuff*

The support items are balanced by the fact that Pickpocket requires 17 points in Utility, Kage's Lucky Pick now gives 4 GP10, the most common aura ( Shurelya's Battlesong) gives less stats and you have to make a choice between it or Eleisa's Miracle or building a 2nd Philosopher's Stone which could potentially put you very behind, the new items don't give CDR, and Sightstone has a limit on how many wards you can put out at a time (and how many wards it'll store per town trip). Also, the Crucible has a 3 minute long cooldown. That's pretty high.
hi embracing. yes i play ff14 now.
TheBlueReaper
<Member>
TheBlueReaper's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 16, 2012 1:55am | Report
So much new stuff...
A few quick thoughts:
1.Nami is very fun to play,a little bit mana hungry, but a great support.
2.The new HUD and the new shop layout looks great.
3.Haven't seen many of the new items,except the support ones.They are pretty good though(there is an item that gives you free wards)
4.I will try out some stuff and then probably add more thoughts...
Thanks to jhoijhoi , TinyStar , Minho, Hogopogo , TheNamelessBard and GMD for the sigs!
Morr33d
<Member>
Morr33d's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 16, 2012 2:27am | Report
From what I see I can say I'll use movementspeed quints on 8 from my 12 runepages.
koksei
<Member>
koksei's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 16, 2012 2:28am | Report
DillButt64 wrote:

koksei you shouldnt be building pure AS that early in the game to need to be able to freeze the lane or not, at least you shouldnt be building this first

the fact that it gives pure AS in an item means that theyll do a lot less damage than with other items they could get

honestly this item and the item that gives 100% crit and AS as an active are gonna be in noob adc builds for a while and theyll be doing no damage but get to that 2.5 pretty easy

and really i dont know why you guys think the hurricane and other items are scary when supports can have free wards, an item that lowers the CD on heal and disappears after three levels, gp10 in an item that also gives you 30% slow aura every minute, a bush checker item that builds from a gold item, another support item that gives some ap and then some hp regen to teammates and lets you get promote plus more damage to minions, and then an item thats basically cleanse plus a heal on another champion every 3 minutes, plus boots that can go to tier 3 boots, not like the support needs any of the tier 3 boots. but now supports can actually get a full build because of all the easy ways supports can get gold now with masteries and not having to buy wards because of the new item and 3 of those items building from gold items, one of which keeping the gp10 passive

a fully built support with those items is gonna be scarier than the ADC building the new pure AS items to me

I mentioned it as well, and um.. I never said to rush it I'd probably get it after BT/IE, instead of zeal/pd or if the laning phase is long get it after BT+IE/PD

and.. btw. your avatar is freaking ugly :D

~ Sig by Xiaowiriamu ~
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 16, 2012 2:34am | Report
@ Astrolia, I'm having trouble fitting the Hurricane into a carry build, any ideas? :p

Like for MF or Varus.
A Chubby Baby
<Veteran>
A Chubby Baby's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 16, 2012 3:01am | Report
TIER 3 BOOTS. AWW YEA.
astrolia
<Fabulous>
astrolia's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 16, 2012 3:18am | Report

@ Astrolia, I'm having trouble fitting the Hurricane into a carry build, any ideas? :p

Be Kogmaw.

Quoted:
Like for MF or Varus.

...oh, uh. Gut says to try replacing Phantom Dancer with Hurricane. Phantom Dancer is basically a single target DPS item, and Hurricane is an AoE DPS item. (But that means you're stronger in a team fight, weaker in a duel.)
hi embracing. yes i play ff14 now.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide