Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Focusing on Main role on Smurf ( Pre Lvl 20 )

Creator: R4GE August 13, 2014 2:14pm
R4GE
<Member>
R4GE's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 13, 2014 2:14pm | Report
So, uhm, I've been playing on my smurf because reasons. As a Support main I would focus on Supports but should I buy other champions until I'm on a decent level?
Latest Legend
<Member>
Latest Legend's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 16, 2014 12:46pm | Report
Perhaps it's because I've never smurfed, but I don't understand your question. Why would you consider buying champions you're not planning to play?
********'s a pretty good fertilizer
turingexp
<Member>
turingexp's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 21, 2014 3:03am | Report
You can't carry games as a support as much as you could with another role.
sirell
<Member>
sirell's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 21, 2014 3:31am | Report
I beg to differ.

@OP

If you just want to level up your smurf, just buy one OP ARAM champion and spam ARAM games. If you actually want normal games, just pick whatever, it doesn't really matter. Save up IP for runes at level 20, but otherwise, no reason to buy other champions if you don't need to.

When you hit level 30, just buy whatever champions you can to reach the 16 champion minimum.
Jimmydoggga 2.0
<Member>
Jimmydoggga 2.0's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 21, 2014 3:40am | Report
When you're smurfing games can get hard pretty fast because your MMR becomes stupid and because the game balances that out by putting you with lvl 30 silvers/golds. So you may as well just go ahead and main support.

Basically MOBAFire.
B-Wong
<Member>
B-Wong's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 21, 2014 8:36am | Report
turingexp wrote:

This is probably the 2nd most objectively and morally incorrect statement only behind "kill ze jews". Supports literally dictate the way the bot lane's lane phase goes depending on how well they can pressure the other laners while warding properly.

Also, there's no real reason to be buying characters outside of your smurf role unless it's just like 1 character for every other role just in case you need to fill. Otherwise just sticking to your role and calling it is generally a pretty good strategy for getting your role.

Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 21, 2014 12:11pm | Report
I find that smurf games are a perfect opportunity to play other roles than my main one, actually. Considering the fact that the players I play with & against usually aren't at the same level as the ones I meet when playing on my main, I can play something I'm not as comfortable on and improve with it steadily rather than having to face some diamond <insert champ name here> main right away.

Thanks to Hoppermh for the signature!
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 21, 2014 12:16pm | Report
turingexp wrote:

B-Wong wrote:
This is probably the 2nd most objectively and morally incorrect statement only behind "kill ze jews". Supports literally dictate the way the bot lane's lane phase goes depending on how well they can pressure the other laners while warding properly.

It's true in low elo. Not only will your ADC be a lot stupider and not capitalize properly on your pressure, you simply can't individually snowball reliably to stomp low elo games. I think a few supports like Annie, Zyra and Karma can build enough damage to carry bronze-silver games but you'd probably have better luck as Riven or something where you can get 200 farm as well as your kills.

In upper levels of play it's a lot easier to carry a game as support (perhaps even easier than top lane because of how isolated it is). Currently 12-1 with Thresh. :D
Thanks to The_Nameless_Bard for the sig!
Ninja Trigger
<Editor>
Ninja Trigger's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 21, 2014 12:48pm | Report
Wayne3100 wrote:
I find that smurf games are a perfect opportunity to play other roles than my main one, actually. Considering the fact that the players I play with & against usually aren't at the same level as the ones I meet when playing on my main, I can play something I'm not as comfortable on and improve with it steadily rather than having to face some diamond <insert champ name here> main right away.

Exactly this is the main use of my smurfs I main support/adc/mid but I suck at Top and Jungle I'm talking wood elo level top right here. I would rather smurf so that I'm not going against players who main top lane right away.

Also when I play with friends who are new to the game I hop on a smurf and play role/champ I'm not good with because it's never fun out farming a new ADC who has no idea their playing an ADC.

But Supporting low elo players can be a good way to improve your support skills. Trying to keep an idiot alive takes skill. And if you can do that for an idiot imagine just how much easier it would be keeping a competent person alive.

Here is a little trick I did to get better at support. I just found an overly aggressive ADC main and I just kept duo queuing with him. So my goal was to just keep him alive and not over extend myself when he made un-winnable plays, I had to land my skill shots or he died.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide