Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

Guide Review Shop

Creator: CommanderSheperd August 31, 2013 10:56pm
1 2
CommanderSheperd
<Member>
CommanderSheperd's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 31, 2013 10:56pm | Report
HEY GUYS!

CommanderSheperd here, and this is my Guide Review Shop. If you would like me to write an in-depth review of your guide post the link in this thread or PM me. If I have already reviewed your guide and you would like me to review the changes you made, just repost the link to your guide with a brief note or PM me. I shall try and respond/review all posts and PMs in 1-3 days, however if you don't hear from me within a week, simply send me a message reminding me to review your guide.

• I will NEVER down-vote any guides you requested me to review. I feel that would be unfair to those asking for advice, suggestions, and critique in this thread.

• Just as I will never down-vote your guide, I most likely will not up-vote your guide either, unless it simply blows my mind. Please do not be offended if I don't, it doesn't mean I don't like your guide.

• While I am assuredly not asking for +Rep in exchange for a review, if you feel as if I helped you improve your guide and I conducted a thorough review a +Rep would be a kind gesture.

For new members of the guide-making community Jhoijhoi's "Making A Guide" is a must-read.

For a review on your guide from another perspective check out Knightro's Corrective Review Service

Looking forward to reading your guides!

NUMBER OF GUIDES REVIEWED: 3

Check out my Guides: Jungling Guide
Mooninites
<Member>
Mooninites's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 31, 2013 11:26pm | Report
So why exactly are people going to want you to review their guide?
Thanks for the Signature MissMaw!
CommanderSheperd
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 1, 2013 12:08am | Report
Mooninites wrote:

So why exactly are people going to want you to review their guide?

It's very possible that no one will want me to review their guides. As of now no one has, however, I feel that I have a strong grasp of guide making, and a strong knowledge of the game and I am simply offering my help to those who do want it. If you would like to form your own opinions about my knowledge of guide making or League of Legends feel free to check out my Nautilus guide

Janitsu
<Moderator>
Janitsu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 1, 2013 12:10am | Report
http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/build/teemos-code-336848

might aswell be the first one

EDIT: I think this should be in the build & guide subforum

Thanks to OwenTheAwesomer for the signature =)
CommanderSheperd
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 1, 2013 2:15am | Report
I just finished reviewing your guide Janitsu. As always, my review is filled with my recommendations, so don't feel like I am telling you how to make your guide. Hope it helps you!

Peace
-Cdr. Sheperd

Janitsu
<Moderator>
Janitsu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 1, 2013 2:58am | Report
Yes, I am Finnish and I don't really speak too fluent English :p

Quoted:

You shouldn't be maxing Move Quick before Blinding Dart, the extra movement speed just isn't as useful or impactful

I max Move Quick over Blinding Dart because Move Quick allows you to escape and chase enemies down whilst if I maxed Blinding Dart first it didn't really have much impact due to the fact that the duration doesn't increase too much even if you maxed it first. I do remember mentioning this in the guide, but I think I also said something like: "If enemies are X and X you should consider maxing Blinding Dart over Move Quick.

Quoted:

Nice artwork, consider changing "Thanks to:" section to "Special Thanks", "Credits", or simply "Thanks".

Might do that

Quoted:

Your section banners are very nice. Grammatically, you forgot period at the end of your "About Me" paragraph and you forgot an "a" in "Teemo is actually (a) pretty strong champion after all."

Editing those out after posting this reply.

Quoted:

You might want to consider not having the bullet points centered, I just think it looks better. You should write a little bit more to let us know why blinding dart is a pro. What is "fast CC"? I know you are from Finland so maybe it is just called something else in America, but the only CCs I know of are hard and soft. I believe you meant to say "can be hard to farm with" (forgot the "with").

When I made the code to that, I realised that I can't really tell much in those and I wanted to keep them as short as possible. Maybe they are bit too short.

Quoted:

Just a few grammatical errors, wrote "abd" instead of "and". In your defense masteries explanation, you say, "The cheatsheet tree is the tree I use most often with little changes like two points in Hardiness and zero in Resistance." This confused me because no where in you guide do you show a tree with said masteries, and you shouldn't be recommending something you don't show in your guide.

Fixing the grammatical errors and explaining is fixed soon, too :)

Quoted:

Your recommended runes on your cheatsheet don't match up with the recommended runes in your explanation; this is a must-fix. Consider writing the name of the rune before the explanation so reader's don't have tot hover over the icon to see the name. When suggesting greater marks of armor pen. as an alternative, change the wording from "I think that you should think about (the marks)" to "(the marks) are a great alternative." I would recommend greater seals of armor for Teemo and although you mentioned them you should put them as your primary recommended seals, for the early game defensive boost they provide. I would recommend greater glyphs of scaling magic resist, for the reason that most champions' ability power spike comes in the late game, so that early fame boost is not necessary. For quints I would recommend movement speed or lifesteal for the extra sustain.

This is something I probably did just after I published and probably forgot to edit it. I do have the Greater Seal of Armor as the primary ones, probably forgot to change the image though. Greater Glyph of Scaling Magic Resist because of the fact that the spike is in the late game. With the build I use, late game spike doesn't really do that much. Early game is Teemo's worst part of Teemo unless you can get a kill or two early.

Quoted:

Reread the third tip for Move Quick, it doesn't make sense. In this section you should restate when to max each ability and explain why, or you could put that in a new section "Ability Sequence".

Might do the ability sequence. And I forgot some commas and "read" from the third tip :p

And C2V was on but it doesn't have any effect after 20th vote.
Vynertje
<Guide Critic>
Vynertje's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 1, 2013 6:48am | Report
Quoted:

and a strong knowledge of the game

No offense, but you might want to reconsider this sentence.
Mooninites
<Member>
Mooninites's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 1, 2013 8:40am | Report
I hate to bring up elo, but the truth is you're a Bronze 2 player with the equivalent of basically 1000 elo. That's a very subpar level of play. I don't discredit your 'guide making' knowledge whatever that may be, but I do question your skill and how much knowledge you really have.

It seems like not that many people are going to know who you are, and when some guy who is Bronze 2 comes up telling them what's wrong with their guide, I can't imagine most people taking it that serious.
Thanks for the Signature MissMaw!
Knightro
<Member>
Knightro's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 1, 2013 11:38am | Report
Mooninites wrote:

I hate to bring up elo, but the truth is you're a Bronze 2 player with the equivalent of basically 1000 elo. That's a very subpar level of play. I don't discredit your 'guide making' knowledge whatever that may be, but I do question your skill and how much knowledge you really have.

It seems like not that many people are going to know who you are, and when some guy who is Bronze 2 comes up telling them what's wrong with their guide, I can't imagine most people taking it that serious.

You can't really take their elo level into account. The current system is extremely flawed, don't deny it. Also, perhaps he finished his 5 initial placement matches, got placed in bronze, and never played ranked again. Or maybe he has multiple accounts of different elo levels, and this one just happens to be in bronze. If someone knows how to write a guide, then the polite thing is to listen their advice respectfully. No one is forcing people to actually take that advice, but it still is courteous to be respectful.
sirell
<Member>
sirell's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 1, 2013 12:02pm | Report
Knightro wrote:

You can't really take their elo level into account.

Yes, we can.
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide