Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Haunting Guise

Creator: FalseoGod September 22, 2012 9:18pm
46 posts - page 3 of 5
Hyogetaki Hisame
<Member>
Hyogetaki Hisame's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 23, 2012 5:02am | Report
I don't play Pantheon to farm on top lane while trading with that guy who will build so much armor that my Armor pen becomes useless, I play him to use his ultimate so as to roam in the whole map while teleport allows me to keep control of my lane.

Fact is that I usually get Pantheon in the mid lane as most ap champions in mid lane never build armor = free kills for me early on, and my ultimate can cover the whole map easily to allow me to be everywhere.

Also, LeBlanc should get blue buff so unless I am denied my blue, and in case I am doing extremely well, I'd rather go Sorecerer's Shoes and Haunting Guise over two Doran's Ring ( tough Haunting guise is not really on my usual build), here again, LeBlanc is all about roaming and is an extremely bad farmer.
Last Plagas
<Member>
Last Plagas's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 23, 2012 5:15am | Report
You still have to be present in lane a lot of time (especially at top, because it's so easy to screw up). You can't go roaming unless you pushed them really far to tower or if they are dead. And to do that you will have to trade in lane. And this is where the item builds come into play. You will usually get punished by jungler for pushing or your opponent will just go all-in on you.

So even if you're playing a roaming type champion (which you should do in solo, because you want to have as much impact on the game as possible) you still have to deal with your lane opponent.
Every time you succeed, I bleed a little.
Hyogetaki Hisame
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 23, 2012 5:29am | Report
That's why I noted that I get Pantheon in mid lane, where his laning opponent don't have much armor early on ;), and where you can easily go back to after a succesfull gank.

However, with a good 300 or more games with early game bullies in general, I can ensure you that The Brutalizer and Haunting Guise does have a huge effect in your early lane dominance, since you're not only stronger in early levels by nature, but you are also forcing them to stack Armor or Magic resist even more just to survive in lane, getting them further and further from their initial build.

For example :

I'm playing Garen top against a Mordekaiser, early game is going fine and I'm having the lane dominance, I get back and get a The Brutalizer and a Doran's Blade, the guy got a Ninja Tabi and an Amplifying Tome to try and farm peacefully, but Trough my The Brutalizer, I still maintain my lane dominance and he is forced to go get a Chain mail to keep on farming, getting him further and further from the original Will of the Ancients that he should be buying.

Now at the first team fights, who do you think will be more efficient?

This is the whole point of early game bullying, you try to enforce your advantage in lane so much that your opponent in lane is completely shut down for the early mid game, and thus destroying his late game potential.
astrolia
<Fabulous>
astrolia's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 23, 2012 5:41am | Report
Imo, for mid laners, Haunting Guise is a mid game item that is best built after you have some source of AP. If you have AP to amp your spells, then the percent increase from magic pen becomes all the more effective until you eventually replace it with Void Staff. For top lane, it works out as an early/mid item since the dudes who top lane usually get magic res per level and use magic res glyphs.

If we take a look at LoL King's statistics, we see a pretty clear trend for building it on magic damage top laners, and assassin mid lane characters who have some type of mobility skill (Kat/Eve/LeBlanc and to a lesser extent Ahri since her mobility is also her ult). Since their win rate was also above average (with the exceptions of Cassiopeia who had 45% and Ahri who had an even 50%), we can assume picking up this mid game-ish item helped them snowball into a 20-30min victory (If the games had gone on to late game, they likely would've replaced it with Void Staff).
hi embracing. yes i play ff14 now.
FalseoGod
<Veteran>
FalseoGod's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 23, 2012 6:32am | Report
Woah, so many responses.

Ok, I decategorized it from "**** item". So, let's say I'm playing Rumble; I usually go boots + pots (unless I really must go cloth), then first time b I get hextech. Should I get the guise the second time? Should I think another path? This usually goes well, I got around 70% Win rate in ranked..
Thank you Tsuki for the sig!

Hyogetaki Hisame
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 23, 2012 6:35am | Report
I'm not a rumble player, tough he can be a strong bully in lane.

To be honest, it really depends on how the game is going, if you want to increase your early game dominance, i'd say, go for it, but if you're behind your opposing laner, it would be wiser to avoid Haunting guise and go for a mid-late game build.
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 23, 2012 9:00am | Report

Yes, The Brutalizer is a nice item on Pantheon, but this Lee Sin guy just came back in the lane with Ninja Tabi and two Doran's Blade, so you only have 5 more ad than him and Lee Sin has 160 more health.

I wouldn't be building Brut if I wasn't at least winning lane. If I'm winning lane, Lee won't be able to buy those things.

If I am winning lanes, he won't have the cash for that until I get a lot more than he has.
Kazega
<Member>
Kazega's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 23, 2012 9:12am | Report
FalseoGod wrote:

Woah, so many responses.

Ok, I decategorized it from "**** item". So, let's say I'm playing Rumble; I usually go boots + pots (unless I really must go cloth), then first time b I get hextech. Should I get the guise the second time? Should I think another path? This usually goes well, I got around 70% Win rate in ranked..
No Hextech. Guise first time then sorc shoes and abyssal for best the effect. Don't even think about WotA with Rumble If you want to do a lot of damage.
Mooninites
<Member>
Mooninites's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 23, 2012 9:40am | Report
Seen it built on Kat, didn't think it was that effective, but maybe has potential
Thanks for the Signature MissMaw!
FalseoGod
<Veteran>
FalseoGod's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 23, 2012 1:46pm | Report
Kazega wrote:

Don't even think about WotA with Rumble If you want to do a lot of damage.

Who said I think WotA? I finish it as a gunblade MUCH later (after abyssal and stuff)

I'll try the no hextech way
Thank you Tsuki for the sig!

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide