Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Haunting Guise

Creator: FalseoGod September 22, 2012 9:18pm
46 posts - page 2 of 5
H4xDefender
<Veteran>
H4xDefender's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 22, 2012 10:58pm | Report
Its only good for champs with high base damages like vlad and rumble. Not on mordekaiser really.

Standard is sorc shoes, guise, and abyssal for 40 mpen plus the mr shred from abyssal and on top of that the 10% from masteries and 8.5 from marks. Rumble and vlad have stupidly high base damages which is why its so good on them.
Khazem
<King of the Hill>
Khazem's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 22, 2012 11:01pm | Report
It's a very underrated item. It's a really strong snowball item if you combine it with early Sorcerer's Shoes. It's especially good if someone else on your team gets an early Abyssal Scepter which will bring you to 60 flat magic penetration just from items... add in runes and masteries and you're doing true damage to anyone who isn't stacking MR. (if there's no Soraka)

I personally like buying it on bursty mid champs like Eve, Katarina, LeBlanc, etc... Once you're ahead you'll be running around doing true damage to people.
Yukimaru
<Member>
Yukimaru's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 22, 2012 11:32pm | Report
Haunting Guise is actually pretty decent, for the magic pen alone, it ignores 20 Magic res of the enemie, so you basicly are like "Hey, im here now, fighting you, and you have 20% less effective health(so instead of 180% 160% or something!), got a Problem with that?", gives AP and some Health, but usually there are more important items to build and the lack of that it cant be builded into some late game or maybe just mid game item makes it bad.
Crows foot
<Member>
Crows foot's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 23, 2012 1:42am | Report
Yukimaru wrote:

Haunting Guise is actually pretty decent, for the magic pen alone, it ignores 20 Magic res of the enemie, so you basicly are like "Hey, im here now, fighting you, and you have 20% less effective health(so instead of 180% 160% or something!), got a Problem with that?", gives AP and some Health, but usually there are more important items to build and the lack of that it cant be builded into some late game or maybe just mid game item makes it bad.

Those percentages are off. it is flat 20 Mpen. So it "removes" 20 of the enemy mres. They start with 30. If they have 30 then they suddenly have 10. Have you runed for mpen? Then they have 1.5 if only marks. 1.5 mres increases life with about the same...
If you for some reason want to follow my ranked journey to gold, you can do it Here.

I am against asking for rep, only rep me if you think I contributed well or said something wise.
NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 23, 2012 2:46am | Report
And with Sorcerer's Shoes they have 0. Waitwhat, if the enemy has 30 mr and you get Sorcerer's Shoes+ runes, you don't need Haunting Guise. Only if they have scaling mr or building early mres it is usefull.
Embracing
<Crowd Favorite>
Embracing's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 23, 2012 3:02am | Report
NicknameMy

ENEMIES BUY ITEMS AS WELL.
NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 23, 2012 3:16am | Report
Well, not many buy big mres early. And if they do, you can get Haunting Guise.
Last Plagas
<Member>
Last Plagas's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 23, 2012 4:15am | Report
The main problem with items like The Brutalizer and Haunting Guise is the fact that you can counter them with items that cost five times less than them.

Haunting Guise gives you 20 mpen and costs 1485 gold and you can't build it into anything useful mid\lategame so you will have to sell it. Null-Magic Mantle costs 400 gold, gvies you 24 mr and you can build it into Mercury's Treads, Guardian Angel, Maw of Malmortius, Wit's End, Aegis of the Legion all of which are useful at all stages in the game or benefit your team in some way.

The Brutalizer gives you 15 armor penetration and 10% cdr, costs 1337 gold and builds into Youmuu's Ghostblade. Cloth Armor costs 300 gold, gives you 18 armor and builds into Ninja Tabi, Frozen Heart, Randuin's Omen, Aegis of the Legion, Guardian Angel and some other stuff.
Youmuu's Ghostblade also doesn't give you much. As a bruiser who needs to jump the carries\soak up the damage, would you really need 20% ms and 50% as? You will usually have enough damage with just the Trinity Force or Bloodthirster to kill their carry. And if you need cdr you can just buy Frozen Heart thus becoming more tanky and debuffing their whole team.

If you have some gold to spend and want to snowball further in lane I'd suggest buying items like Hextech Gunblade, Deathfire Grasp, Spirit Visage, Abyssal Mask on AP carries.
There isn't much to choose from on bruisers in terms on snowball. Bloodthirster and Last Whisper maybe (but only and only if you're steamrolling your lane).
Every time you succeed, I bleed a little.
Hyogetaki Hisame
<Member>
Hyogetaki Hisame's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 23, 2012 4:34am | Report
The Brutalizer and Haunting guise are good on champions who snowball extremely quickly and well in early game.

Pantheon is one of those champions who benefits a lot from an early The Brutalizer.

Leblanc is one of those champions who benefits decently from an early Haunting Guise.

Also, if you reach that moment in game where you can actually afford more efficient items, you can always sell them to retrieve part of the investment, fact is that The Brutalizer sell price is only 401 gold lower than the original price, well Haunting Guise is 445 gold lower than the original price. This means that if you get two kills by roaming after you got one of those items, you already managed to get a beneficial margin of 200 gold.
Last Plagas
<Member>
Last Plagas's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 23, 2012 4:50am | Report

The Brutalizer and Haunting guise are good on champions who snowball extremely quickly and well in early game.

Pantheon is one of those champions who benefits a lot from an early The Brutalizer.

Leblanc is one of those champions who benefits decently from an early Haunting Guise.

Yes, The Brutalizer is a nice item on Pantheon, but this Lee Sin guy just came back in the lane with Ninja Tabi and two Doran's Blade, so you only have 5 more ad than him and Lee Sin has 160 more health.

On LeBlanc Haunting Guise might work, but in my opinion she really needs early mana regen to harass her opponent in lane, because her spells cost a lot. So I would probably go two Doran's Ring and Sorcerer's Shoes if you really want to penetrate.
Every time you succeed, I bleed a little.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide