Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

How do you beat Renekton?

Creator: tweeboy2 May 20, 2012 5:12pm
1 2 3
Toshabi
<Veteran>
Toshabi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 23, 2012 4:33am | Report
Quoted:

Another good thing to note btw is that he pushes when he sustains/harrasses, so if you can stay inside a bunch of your minions and eat his harrass then he will push the whole lane a half-whole wave up. Making him very vulnerable to a jungler gank.

Wards blows your suggestion clear out of the water.
A Chubby Baby
<Veteran>
A Chubby Baby's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 23, 2012 4:40am | Report
mhm. guys buy wards. they're good :).
NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 23, 2012 7:07am | Report
Nocturne says: UHAHAHAHAAAAA!
Crows foot
<Member>
Crows foot's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 23, 2012 7:24am | Report
Can you really say that wards counter playstyles?
If you for some reason want to follow my ranked journey to gold, you can do it Here.

I am against asking for rep, only rep me if you think I contributed well or said something wise.
Katjoesja
<Member>
Katjoesja's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 23, 2012 9:18am | Report
NicknameMy wrote:

If I play Renekton, I level up the stun first because waay more damage possible as with Q.

Bad idea since it doesn't really iprove much besides the lowered cooldown. I used to level up his stun much but then I saw the potential of having good sustain with his Q and armorshred/jump with his E.
Pølsemanden
<Member>
Pølsemanden's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 23, 2012 3:16pm | Report
Toshabi wrote:

Wards blows your suggestion clear out of the water.

so let's say the lane is warded, if you have any CC whatsoever, you can easily catch up to a renekton which is farming under your tower, luckily most of the toplanes do have cc, so he will get cc'ed.. I like you toshabi, but don't be a ****** and tell me that a ward completely shuts down ganks cuz that's ********.
Ty MM and Blood for the sigs :3 | Rammus is comming back - heard it here first!

"Carrying"-guide | My reviewservice
Toshabi
<Veteran>
Toshabi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 23, 2012 4:47pm | Report
Quoted:

so let's say the lane is warded, if you have any CC whatsoever, you can easily catch up to a renekton which is farming under your tower, luckily most of the toplanes do have cc, so he will get cc'ed.. I like you toshabi, but don't be a ****** and tell me that a ward completely shuts down ganks cuz that's ********.

Slice and Dice

That single handedly lets a /smart/ renekton get out of any sticky situation if they have good warding and good intuition.
IceCreamy wrote:

(1:07): I prefer your balls over ***hol

Pølsemanden
<Member>
Pølsemanden's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 23, 2012 5:19pm | Report
Toshabi wrote:

Slice and Dice

That single handedly lets a /smart/ renekton get out of any sticky situation if they have good warding and good intuition.

Because Wickd and Dyrus never eeever dies to ganks when they play renekton. And they're not like smart at all..
(only 2 pro-players i know that plays renekton)
Renekton can escape a lot of ganks, but that doesn't make him invulnerable to them.
Ty MM and Blood for the sigs :3 | Rammus is comming back - heard it here first!

"Carrying"-guide | My reviewservice
Toshabi
<Veteran>
Toshabi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 23, 2012 6:01pm | Report
Slice and dice is your bread and butter for escaping ganks. Even then, you have to keep in mind that you're not the only one on your team and you yourself (renekton) have a jungler as well. Renekton is sexy for towerdives with Dominus and Heal to make up for his pushy nature. I couldn't care less if I push a lane or not, because if I am beating the **** out of my opponent early on, it sets them up perfectly for a tower dive with my jungler and/or mid. Of course, this varies greatly depending on who you're up against on top lane.
tweeboy2
<Member>
tweeboy2's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 24, 2012 12:37pm | Report
Toshabi wrote:

Slice and dice is your bread and butter for escaping ganks. Even then, you have to keep in mind that you're not the only one on your team and you yourself (renekton) have a jungler as well. Renekton is sexy for towerdives with Dominus and Heal to make up for his pushy nature. I couldn't care less if I push a lane or not, because if I am beating the **** out of my opponent early on, it sets them up perfectly for a tower dive with my jungler and/or mid. Of course, this varies greatly depending on who you're up against on top lane.

And this is the playstyle of Renektons that I simply cannot beat :(

What other champs (besides vlad as you said before) end up beating you/what strategies outlane your renekton?
1 2 3

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide