Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

I'm going to slap someone.

Creator: Cailism May 30, 2011 1:22am
Joobieo#41288
<Member>
Joobieo#41288's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 30, 2011 8:37am | Report
I'm surprised you don't get to jungle with WW...
Current Solo Q Elo = 1405+
Active United States Marine
Malzahar - Ranked Mini Guide / Build
Kassadin - Ranked Mini Guide / Build
Slowjack
<Member>
Slowjack's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 31, 2011 9:41am | Report
I don't really know how to help you.

People will always be like that.

But generally speaking, I've found that I do like tanking. I may not want to, but I can have fun if I do. The reason? Mordekaiser. The longer the game goes, the more overpowering he gets. FoN, Boots 3, Sunfire Cape, Frozen Mallet. That's generally what I end up doing for mixed DPS teams. Most games won't let you build the Mallet before you're just in their face while they can't do anything to you. Substitute a Thornmail or Banshee's if their carries are a problem.

Other tanks are fun, but Morde makes it fun for me. Try it the next time you have to tank.

If you have a bad game, brush it off. You can only carry so many people on your back. You'll have teams that are afraid to initiate, you'll have junglers or carries who are determined to farm and miss every team fight. You'll have all that ********. But what else are you gonna do?

If you roll in there with an unstoppable tank, and they can't capitalize on your efforts, move on and queue again.

Most games though, you'll have a good time.

Last night I scored a triple kill and didn't even notice. Walked out of the fight that I initiated, with 60% of my HP and a pet. Fun times.

Make sure your Rune/Mastery set up is meant to tank. You could do it with 9/0/21 I guess, but 9/21/0 is what I prefer. MPen marks, Armor seals, MR glyphs and HP quints. Have fun.

Don't +Rep me at all. I like my obscurity. Thank you.
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 31, 2011 10:07am | Report
I think people don't play Supports/tanks because they don't get kills. Just assists. And as a tank, you die, a lot. People don't like that because "they have the best playstyle and everything else is HAXORZ".
I usually end up being the tank/support out of habit/feeling like it. I also be the jungler if we don't have one. Learn to play tanks and just carry the **** out of everything.
True love is found only in yourself.
Bayblades
<Member>
Bayblades's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 31, 2011 11:15am | Report
I don't care anymore. I usually tried to pick the role that no1 else did before. But when going soloque now I couldn't care less. People can't communicate, don't care about communicating or go afk so what's the point in trying to even a team I wonder.
Ya1232
<Member>
Ya1232's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 31, 2011 11:24am | Report
You should still play those other roles. If you dont then once you get to ranked games youll be lost. You wont know how to play those other roles and you will end up hurting your team. Now you are that guy that you hated so much getting to this point that failed at what he did and only played DPS and didnt know the other roles.
Normal games dont mean a thing. They are mainly there to lvl to 30, mess around without pressure and try out new champs.
People are ignorant, and you cant fix that. Let them play incorrectly as you are just going to waste time trying to fix it.
Riggsinator
<Member>
Riggsinator's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 31, 2011 12:10pm | Report
I love tanks and support.

However since I fell down around the 1200-1400 range again I cannot rely on the carries to get their job done because you still get those players that just don't have a solid grasp on what builds will work and not work.
"Thats a paddlin'"
ShadowReign757
<Member>
ShadowReign757's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 31, 2011 12:22pm | Report
If you want a tank on your team, play a tank. If you want support, play a support.

You can't just expect people to play those. You're right, people are stubborn sometimes and just pick DPS for the sake of kills. The answer is obvious, how you don't know it is a mystery to me.

DON'T PICK UNTIL EVERYONE ELSE HAS. PICK AROUND WHAT YOUR TEAM HAS.

Be the last to lock in. Don't complain about people not picking tanks if you yourself didn't pick one. You have to step up and be the one to do it sometimes.

I for one love tanking and supporting.

History is the fiction we invent to persuade ourselves that events are knowable and that life has order and direction. That's why events are always reinterpreted when values change. We need new versions of history to allow for our current prejudices.

Slowjack
<Member>
Slowjack's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 31, 2011 1:15pm | Report

If you want a tank on your team, play a tank. If you want support, play a support.

You can't just expect people to play those. You're right, people are stubborn sometimes and just pick DPS for the sake of kills. The answer is obvious, how you don't know it is a mystery to me.

DON'T PICK UNTIL EVERYONE ELSE HAS. PICK AROUND WHAT YOUR TEAM HAS.

Be the last to lock in. Don't complain about people not picking tanks if you yourself didn't pick one. You have to step up and be the one to do it sometimes.

I for one love tanking and supporting.

That's just silly.

It sounds nice when you put it on paper in caps and bold and underline, until you realize people who do so end up playing tanks ALL THE TIME. Those who enjoy playing tanks will pick them regardless, and that makes me happy because I get to roll Karma or try something new or whatever. But generally speaking, as much as I love Morde, most games I don't play him because I want to. It's because everyone has picked their champ. Instalock or not.

Sometimes I look at a line up and think, "What's the worst that can happen?" then I play whatever I want (usually out of spite when 3+ people lock squishy camps). Sometimes, I've been pleasantly surprised (the other team picked just as stupidly/suck at their champs).

But no one likes sitting there at the 10-15 minute mark, counting down to 20. Especially when that is so easily avoided, as early as champ select.

The man has a right to be frustrated.

It's just a bump in the road, however. Everyone must accept that at some point, they're the ******* who has to go and show off their chin to the other team.

Don't +Rep me at all. I like my obscurity. Thank you.
Riggsinator
<Member>
Riggsinator's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 31, 2011 4:38pm | Report
This is why I hate being suppport (in solo queue at least):

Team picks then says "we need support spam x 10" so I pick support. Then they proceed to pick up 0 ignites against a team that has Fiddle, Sona, Singed, and Irelia.
Well, you can guess which team won.
"Thats a paddlin'"
Nighthawk
<Veteran>
Nighthawk's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 31, 2011 4:43pm | Report
I like playing tanks. It gives me an excuse when I die a lot. Also I lol when I die less then the carries.

Nighthawk wrote: I might not have the most posts but i'm pretty sure I have the most *****.
Searz wrote: ^ QFT

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide