Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Intel Extreme Masters Hanover - World Championship

Creator: CasterMaster March 3, 2012 12:47am
Which Team are you cheering for?
Zoki
<Member>
Zoki's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 3, 2012 10:14am | Report
That's my point. Why do you have problem with people cheering for M5 but not with people cheering for CLG if they are both the same? Arrogant people with high skill.

What doesn't kill us makes us stronger.
Sigs made by: LaCorpse, jhoijhoi, Katoki, JEFFY40HANDS, The_Nameless_Bard and Sk1llbug
-||- Check out my Master Yi guide -||-
Zell
<Member>
Zell's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 3, 2012 10:15am | Report
^
Translations during the interviews at Kiev when they supposedly "bashing" were faulty and interpreted in a more "vicious manner". Anyways, when it was correctly translated they appeared to an extent humble by saying something on the lines of: "We don't really care for the drama and just want to play the game". If you dislike them simply due to them beating all NA teams at Kiev then fair enough.

Rooting for TSM & Dignitas, hope CLG burn and get burnt early on.
Credit to Jeff and jhois for creating my signature and avatar design.
If I helped +Rep, if I didn't then +Rep the person who did.
Xenasis
<Member>
Xenasis's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 3, 2012 10:31am | Report
Jeffy, there's no need to get so worked up about something.

I don't understand how and why you'd ever compare a gaming team to Hitler, but I'd like to use that comparison to actually further my argument.

You said Hitler was a great speaker. He was. He was a brilliant speaker. He wouldn't have ever rose to power if he didn't have such an affinity with both the people, or the polititians he talked to.

Saying Hitler is an amazing speaker and that it's fun to watch him speak (or something around those lines) isn't exactly too wild of a comment. Saying you love Hitler and he was a cool guy just because of his speaking ability is, in fact, being too minimalistic.

I see this discussion in the same light. I love M5's ability to play, as someone may love Hitler's ability to speak, but that doesn't mean I like them as people.

Most top level teams are like this, because inside most are this callous towards others. I guess it just boils down to the fact that most people in this world are inherently evil. (See also, Milgram's study of obedience).

On a lighter note -
I don't think I've ever actually seen Team Alternate play, are they much good? Do they have an alternate (HUEHUEHUE) playstyle or anything new (like Goose or M5) or are they standard?
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 3, 2012 10:33am | Report
Dignitas is my favorite team at the moment.
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 3, 2012 10:35am | Report
Xenasis wrote:

"gg 9v1"

That was a joke I'm sure. I saw that match as well.
Xenasis
<Member>
Xenasis's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 3, 2012 10:40am | Report
DuffTime wrote:

That was a joke I'm sure. I saw that match as well.

I didn't see the match so I can't say myself for sure, though I understand he left straight after he said it. Though it was obviously said in jest (albeit at his team's expense), it still displays far more aggression than I'd ever tolerate.

They're not known for being the nicest people other than that, too. Maybe I'm just reading too much biased stuff, and I hope so, because I love the way those guy play. The fact AlexIch had to make a formal apology on behalf of his team does suggest something, though.
Pølsemanden
<Member>
Pølsemanden's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 3, 2012 10:45am | Report
The new thing is bashing M5 for being bad people, interviewers wantz tha dramaz!

And hell it's easy to "loose" things in translation to actually get a story out of stuff.

Media-Manipulation, just like global warming.. :D
Ty MM and Blood for the sigs :3 | Rammus is comming back - heard it here first!

"Carrying"-guide | My reviewservice
JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
JEFFY40HANDS's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 3, 2012 10:55am | Report
I wasn't trying to blow anything out of proportion. Or get some sort of HUGE discussion going. Made a comment, not the best comment in the world, but I made it and now everyone is going out of their way to make a big deal about it.

On a downer/rager note some ******** came *holds thumb and forefinger less than a cm apart* this close to getting a free trip to the hospital courtesy of my fist. Making comments about my place of work like I had control over the prices or our selection...

BoT: I just want a series of good/great/amazing games. I'm rooting for the NA teams but in the end a good game is a good game.
JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
JEFFY40HANDS's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 3, 2012 11:08am | Report
Quoted:

The new thing is bashing M5 for being bad people, interviewers wantz tha dramaz!

And hell it's easy to "loose" things in translation to actually get a story out of stuff.

Media-Manipulation, just like global warming.. :D

IDK going from "that was a good game" to "that match up was very easy for us" seems like a stretch. Yes there is media manipulation ofc, but why manipulate the media around a game that in the grand scheme of things is marginal in the world of entertainment/sports? FFS it's not even widely watched on TV in most countires it's all Ecast. Not that that's a problem, I just don't see that whole "conspiracy" thing being true, just a few guys who are Dbags...Rather that's the simpler explanation and it is often the simple explanation that is the most correct. Isn't it?
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 3, 2012 11:27am | Report
Xenasis wrote:

I didn't see the match so I can't say myself for sure, though I understand he left straight after he said it. Though it was obviously said in jest (albeit at his team's expense), it still displays far more aggression than I'd ever tolerate.

They're not known for being the nicest people other than that, too. Maybe I'm just reading too much biased stuff, and I hope so, because I love the way those guy play. The fact AlexIch had to make a formal apology on behalf of his team does suggest something, though.

I think they're nice guys.

I mean the League community blows things out of proportion and gives people bad reps alllll the time.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide