Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Is it okay to dodge a queue...

Creator: RaNuD March 22, 2012 5:46am
Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 22, 2012 6:04pm | Report
jhoijhoi wrote:

I dodge if it's clear I'm the 5th in a premade 4 - hate those teams, they always blame the person who is not in their Skype call.

I just had a game with a premade 4, they all started typing random stuff in French. Didn't feel like dodging so I just dealt with it, ended up to be a pretty good game in which I didn't get flamed despite starting off pretty badly. To be fair, the reason I started badly was cause they gave Corki an early double kill and blue buff (and I struggled to keep up in farm with Caitlyn after that), but still :P

They were pretty cool :)

Thanks to MissMaw for the signature!
Raver
<Member>
Raver's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 22, 2012 7:04pm | Report
I rarely if ever dodge, at the very least I get to practice the basics such as last hitting and comboing. I dodge if friends come on or I dodge if I have things to do all of a sudden
pasha
<Member>
pasha's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 22, 2012 9:29pm | Report
jhoijhoi wrote:

I dodge if I've started a game and a friend wants to play.

I dodge if the team comp is awful (all melee DPS / three junglers / all AD carries / etc).

I dodge if someone picks up Clarity, Revive, or Promote (or summoner spells on their champion that doesn't fit their role, ie Teleport on bot lane Sona, or Surge on bot lane Caitlyn).

I dodge if it's clear I'm the 5th in a premade 4 - hate those teams, they always blame the person who is not in their Skype call.

I can't believe just how opposite of me this is, it's like too much... XD

If I'm in champion select, sorry friend go play some game while I finish this.

If team comp is awful I'll make it even worse, I love it when they even have a plan: We are TRUE DAMAGE team, suportlaf np... We are ALL AD TEAM this one is easy, tank vayne, ap trist, jungle ez, support ashe, ad carry sona or w/e... Skin themed? COMMANDOS dunno, I like those games.

Clarity, revive and promote are really good, Heimer-soraka double promote bot lane: 3min towers? Zombie champions, I've seen streams with clartiy flash Karthus, dunno. When I meet this kind of strage stuff I ask them if I can q with then so I can see how it works out.

And I LOVE being the 5th in 4man premades, I usually get asked what I want to play, they are working together, I never get support with this teams, they want to win, so I just have to do my job and its an ezpz lemon squeezee win.

Guess I've only dodged if I have to go.
Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Vapora Dark's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 23, 2012 12:44am | Report
tehAsian wrote:

Lolwut.

Better to dodge and lose 10 Elo than to get crushed and lose 15. *True story*

You can actually win though. The most recent example I've seen was the enemy team needed a support and the last pick picked Master Yi instead. When we entered the game the enemy team told us to report Yi, but bot ended up feeding him and he carried them to victory.
Yukimaru
<Member>
Yukimaru's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 23, 2012 5:47am | Report
It's okay to queue dodge because they get punished for it, personally i rarely do it, but the time punishment should be increased to 20 minutes. Also i leave the queue myself (after someone dodged) and wait like a minute after that cuz u usually get queued again with a combination of enemie team+ur team.
Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 23, 2012 3:17pm | Report
20 minutes if you dodge once? That seems a little harsh o_o

Thanks to jhoijhoi for the signature!
JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
JEFFY40HANDS's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 23, 2012 3:42pm | Report
I typically never dodge. I'm too lazy to. I try to do my job, if people flame me then I /ignore all and say "**** em". IDC if some group of 12 year old virgins are calling me a ***** *** feeder, it's a game, I want to win, I do get frustrated but some little kid isn't worth the time it would take to insult his mother for being an over weight *** guzzler who didn't want a kid in the first place but thought the "pull and pray" method of contraception was fool proof; after which she popped out the lil bastard who is typing furiously on his key board about how bad I am (as I score a triple kill and then carry our team to victory). Simply not worth the time.

When I'm playing in a partial or full premade I get frustrated if I'm not doing my job, or if someone else isn't truly doing their job. I'll get verbal about it in vent/skype. But it's never usually more than a "WTF?" kinda deal and then I get over it.
animorte
<Member>
animorte's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 23, 2012 6:43pm | Report
pasha wrote:

I can't believe just how opposite of me this is, it's like too much... XD

If I'm in champion select, sorry friend go play some game while I finish this.

If team comp is awful I'll make it even worse, I love it when they even have a plan: We are TRUE DAMAGE team, suportlaf np... We are ALL AD TEAM this one is easy, tank vayne, ap trist, jungle ez, support ashe, ad carry sona or w/e... Skin themed? COMMANDOS dunno, I like those games.

Clarity, revive and promote are really good, Heimer-soraka double promote bot lane: 3min towers? Zombie champions, I've seen streams with clartiy flash Karthus, dunno. When I meet this kind of strage stuff I ask them if I can q with then so I can see how it works out.

And I LOVE being the 5th in 4man premades, I usually get asked what I want to play, they are working together, I never get support with this teams, they want to win, so I just have to do my job and its an ezpz lemon squeezee win.

Guess I've only dodged if I have to go.

^^ I like this. I played a game with a jungle Veigar and PD stacked Singed. Hilarious. I love those people.

When I come across people that are all super serious: "OMFGAWD you didn't get 8 wards to start and you are support!!!" "Dude, I'm Nid... I have plenty wards..." I like to '/ignore'. Often I end up '/ignore all' because trolls come in packs.
Personal habitual activites? Utilizing gargantuan idioms to fabricate intelligence.

"It's a colloquial shorthand that means the paradigm exists because of how the game works mechanically. Hence, "the Meta." Stop being a useless pedant." - PlayGooYa
eemmbbeerr
<Member>
eemmbbeerr's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 24, 2012 2:46pm | Report
I only dodge in draft pick and not even often there. Only if (real example) our team pick Shyvana and Lee Sin + 1 from the same premade, both with smite and babbling something about stealing buffs and being pro. THAT is a situation to dodge. Just like when ppl choose 3 AP midlaners. If they are only dumb and I'm in the position to carry them (AP, AD) then I might even play the game.
PotatisFarfar
<Veteran>
PotatisFarfar's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 24, 2012 10:37pm | Report
Haven't read the thread, but in my opinion:

Only valid dodge is when you dodge for a friend.

Be glad you wont get a 24 hour punishment as you do in Dota2.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide