Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Is it okay to dodge a queue...

Creator: RaNuD March 22, 2012 5:46am
Temzilla
<Member>
Temzilla's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 22, 2012 9:27am | Report
At one point in time, i dodged ranked at the sight of an ashe on my team.
Tri lane for life.
Darcurse
<Member>
Darcurse's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 22, 2012 9:31am | Report
There're good reasons to ddg both o.0...

In ranked, if sth bad happens in champ selection you should evaluate the odds to win the game with the fact that you will waste ~30min of your life and loose even more Elo.

And in normal there are no complications dodging anyway.
The dodger has to sit idle for +6 mins and the rest will instantly rejoin a new game most of the time.
Normally I ddg if I know that there are some a**holes around.

ATM I often play with some guys 2-3 games in a row, if one of them clearly is a douchebag I normally decide to save some of my lifespan and ddg.
Yagamoth
<Member>
Yagamoth's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 22, 2012 9:34am | Report
Quoted:
I think I have dodged maybe 3 through my entire 800+ games. All of those were ranked and somebody insta-locked and called mid quickly without caring about the allies choices. If it is a normal, I will race them to mid, claim that it's mine because I got there first, and stay if they don't leave...just to give them an idea of how stupid they are. I should probably dodge a bit more. I run into stupid people more often than I would like to admit.

hmm...

On Topic, I think it's perfectly fine to dodge normals when there is already rage in Champion select. I mean, why do you play normals? Usually for fun, and when there is already rage, it's most likely not going to be fun. Dodge. Simply keep the queues in mind where you got into a game and someone constantly leaves and you never get into a game. That's how it happens ;)

Dodging ranked is a bit more tricky.. On my smurf I usually don't care too much, so I'm interested to see what happens in the game when people get "troll picks" ^^... Through this I had an awesome win as Toplane Kayle with a jungle Mundo (when he was still considered garbage Tier) and AP Yi mid. But I wouldn't want to try that on my main account where I really care.
"I'd love to write a guide about 'getting out of elo hell', but I can't find a way to get in there.."
RaNuD
<Member>
RaNuD's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 22, 2012 9:40am | Report
koksei wrote:

(This whole thread is about normal queue, for sure you dont ever dodge in ranked, that's plain stupid)

well you actually should sometimes. more like in just 1 situation:

Your 1. Pick is afk so he doesn't makes any bans. and Randoms a **** champ the enemies fp shen and kassa.. and he isn't coming back even at the end of selection.

Better face -10 elo - especially if you are in duoQ than wasting time + losing elo for like 95%

This does make sense, I am obviously not speaking of bug or clear afkness, I speak of a team that starts flaming in champ select. I should have made my point clearer, because I totally agree in this case.
In a thread about his own ban,
gabpin wrote:
stfu I only did that : swearing and thats why i got ban are u ****** or something ?

In a thread about toxic players,
Go be a whiny baby elsewhere. Find and abuse the ignore button. No sense stinking up this forum with your crying.
Grannyfuse
<Member>
Grannyfuse's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 22, 2012 12:26pm | Report
The only time I'll dodge is if my team is whining and complaining for I've even locked in my champ. I cant stand playing 30-40 minute games with people like that. Not gonna waste my time.
In-Game Name: Maunster (EN server)

\-If I helped in anyway +rep me-/
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 22, 2012 12:30pm | Report
I just go hero mode.
Crazy Smurf
<Member>
Crazy Smurf's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 22, 2012 4:27pm | Report
I always dodge when I see someone else picking Vladimir.
I just go and suck my blood in the corner waiting for the 5 minutes penalty to run out.
qq.
- Witcher 1 and 2 Collecter Editions - Best RPGs in tha World -
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 22, 2012 4:40pm | Report
I dodge if I've started a game and a friend wants to play.

I dodge if the team comp is awful (all melee DPS / three junglers / all AD carries / etc).

I dodge if someone picks up Clarity, Revive, or Promote (or summoner spells on their champion that doesn't fit their role, ie Teleport on bot lane Sona, or Surge on bot lane Caitlyn).

I dodge if it's clear I'm the 5th in a premade 4 - hate those teams, they always blame the person who is not in their Skype call.
guide writing tips 'n tricksashes to ashesfancy a sig?

♡ sig by me ♡
Nighthawk
<Veteran>
Nighthawk's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 22, 2012 5:03pm | Report
jhoijhoi wrote:

I dodge if I've started a game and a friend wants to play.

Completely untrue yo.!!!!11!

Blowfeld
<Editor>
Blowfeld's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 22, 2012 5:17pm | Report
normal match...

3 bruisers instalock, who all want to go bot.
Next lock Yi: I am AP Yi mid!

Leaving queue saves me 20 minutes of frustration and gives me 5 minutes of my life to learn something new or make some coffee :)

Win Win
Fox Rage wrote:
Blowfeld. Best Party Wrecker Worldwide.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide