Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Is Twisted Fate A Viable Adc Now? Should We See...

Creator: Kalaaver July 28, 2014 7:49am
1 2 3 4 5
Kalaaver
<Altruistic Artist>
Kalaaver's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 28, 2014 7:49am | Report
I have played TF adc for fun before he had the AD scaling in his "W". Now that there is 100% AD scaling in his "W" and he has gains attack speed from his "E", should we start taking TF Adc a little bit more serious?
Lets look at the facts/stats
1.) W Scales 100% With His AD
2.) He has a stun,slow, and a blue card does incredible damage AD.
3.) Decent range (550) same as Vayne, Miss Fortune, Corki, and Twitch.
4.) A nice global teleport ult (Like having 3 spells.)
5.) Nice attack speed with E
6.) Works with many adc builds, examples like a Corki style build, a Blue Ezreal style and the standard adc build.

What are everyone's thoughts?
Check out my Poppy Guide, and my Sexy Signature Shop.
Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Vapora Dark's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 28, 2014 7:56am | Report
Short answer no. I'm no ADC expert, but he's too immobile for an ADC and has nowhere near enough damage to compensate for that, unlike other immobile ADC's such as Kog or Jinx.
Kalaaver
<Altruistic Artist>
Kalaaver's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 28, 2014 8:02am | Report

Short answer no. I'm no ADC expert, but he's too immobile for an ADC and has nowhere near enough damage to compensate for that, unlike other immobile ADC's such as Kog or Jinx.

Actually he scales .3 more damage per level then both Jinx and Kog'Maw, so with a regular adc build he would have about the same damage if not a little more. His move speed is 330 which is the same as Kogs, and Jinx only has 325 which is even less.
Check out my Poppy Guide, and my Sexy Signature Shop.
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 28, 2014 8:16am | Report
Eh, there's no real reason to play him. His ultimate is the only thing that makes him unique as an ADC and that works better with an AP burst build.
Janitsu
<Moderator>
Janitsu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 28, 2014 8:28am | Report
He doesn't do well as an ADC because he is immobile and has nothing to compensate it except for his Pick A Card which is too unreliable. Jinx has mobility when she kills champion/turret and has reliable CC. Kog'Maw has helluva long range and slow to compensate its immobility and well then there are people like Lucian who is now a true black person who runs so fast it seems he is dashing from a place to another.

I'll make a quick list:
  • Q is practically useless without AP
  • Yes, it scales with AD but there are champions who have 100% scalings on one ability and still aren't played as APC/ADC
  • Has only one real combat ability (passives aren't really good on ADCs because you want to dish out damage as fast as you can)
  • No powerspike at level 6 which means that he'll have a higher chance to lose after that point, even if he has the upper hand at the time
  • He needs his core build to deal damage because of lack of abilities
  • Unreliable CC

Thanks to OwenTheAwesomer for the signature =)
FalseoGod
<Veteran>
FalseoGod's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 28, 2014 8:59am | Report
His issue isn't his potential, half build AD TF deals surprising good damage due to E (on par with other AA ADCs), but the real issue is getting there. AD TF has a real hard time botlane no matter what supports him because meta adc's right now have a pretty nice start. Trist instantly outrades you with E+AA, luc laughs at you, Draven laughs at you, Kog Ws and laughs, Caitlyn hits you without getting struck back, etc.

You could try him sololane, but there you don't have the strong gank potential from AP TF and you're really susceptible to ganks, not to mention you have nothing against AP Mids and most toplaners get in your face and destroy you.

If you want an unnusual ADC, try Lulu, it's very fun and deceivingly effective just because you have a lot of inbuilt kite/cc/self-peel. And she can sololane. Blade of the Ruined King > Trinity Force/ Phantom Dancer/Shyv> Infinity Edge>whatever you want.

--

If you wanna keep it up with AD TF, I recomment Botrk > Triforce (W+E proc hurts) > IE > LW. Never put points in Q until you are obligated to since there's no other ability left to level. AD Kennen is also fun and the only "adc" I would be ok with seeing a Runaan just because it stacks his passive a lot faster since the bolts count as AAs.
Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Vapora Dark's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 28, 2014 9:49am | Report
Kalaaver wrote:

Actually he scales .3 more damage per level then both Jinx and Kog'Maw, so with a regular adc build he would have about the same damage if not a little more. His move speed is 330 which is the same as Kogs, and Jinx only has 325 which is even less.

I'm not talking about their AD, I mean that Jinx has a 110% or something ridiculous like that attack speed boost on her Q, and her rockets have very high range as well as % bonus damage. Whether she's using her minigun or her rockets, she out-damages TF. Kog has a permanent attack speed boost and a spell that gives him over 700 range and % of max HP damage.

Both of them out-damage TF by quite a lot, so there's no point even considering an immobile ADC like TF when he's so much worse than the meta immobile ADC's.
Foxy Riven
<Editor>
Foxy Riven's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 28, 2014 9:58am | Report
Don't know why you ask this now though. He has not been touched for a very long time.

He is just as viable as he was two years ago. Yes it works, but he does better as a midlaner (or even jungler) because of his ult. It doesn't give him a powerspike like all of the others, it gives him map presence.

In a lvl 6 engage there's no way he wins the fight (2v2 botlane). As a roamer he wins fights by making it a 2v1 or 3v2.
(Check out my guides, they're linked to their pictures!)

If I helped you in any way, that +REP is always nice^^
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 28, 2014 10:17am | Report
Kalaaver wrote:

Actually he scales .3 more damage per level then both Jinx and Kog'Maw

oh boy a whole 5.4 damage at level 18, sign me up :^)
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 28, 2014 11:10am | Report
Just gonna poke in here, 'cause I've played a fair amount of AD TF.

1: His Pick A Card doesn't have an AD Ratio really. It just turns the entire attack into magic damage.

2: Q is completely worthless except for early, since your ability to fight botlane is entirely dependent on your PaC's stun time, and your free AS from E.

3: You basically build a lot of attack speed and splitpush towers down. Your teamfight isn't great as AD. Your dueling's not half bad though.
True love is found only in yourself.
1 2 3 4 5

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide