Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Is Zyra Viable?

Creator: von19 March 29, 2015 2:47am
25 posts - page 1 of 3
1 2 3
Is Zyra beyond redemption?
von19
<Member>
von19's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 29, 2015 2:47am | Report
She's very squishy but I like her kit, in order to avoid instant death I had to use my tank masteries and runes for her. Is she bad as support? Mid? Does anyone still play her, her guides havent been updated in a long time.
Phil Collins
<Member>
Phil Collins's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 29, 2015 3:07am | Report
She sucks.
emoriam
<Veteran>
emoriam's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 29, 2015 3:40am | Report
There are just plenty of superior supports at the moment (around 10 come to my mind). She's obviously squishy but I'd say that's she viable for sure. You need to abuse you lane presence (poke, AA range) if possible, may out Q in lane and consider some AP in items next to the common support items.
Thanks to Aquilegia for this sig!
Metal Pagan
<Member>
Metal Pagan's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 29, 2015 4:20am | Report
She's viable for sure, but you'll need some time to get used to her kit.

pro's:
-damage: good early damage, good scalings
-scout bush with seed
-aoe snare, aoe knoch-up, slow
-more AA-range than most adc's/champions
-can burst an enemy if ahead or even (as support, since this is obvious for the mid lane)
-low elo people have no clue what to do, or what you can do
-both burst and sustain damage
-catch people off-guard with passive
-lanebully
-strong vs 24/7 mid push champions, since you outpush most of them

cons:
-squishy
-slow
-skillshots, E moves slow, delay on R and Q
-need positionning
-weak vs assassins
Vaan99
<Member>
Vaan99's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 29, 2015 4:22am | Report
If you have to ask, I guess you aren't at that level of play where she starts being inferior to other champions. Play her if you like her, if you manage to get good on her, you can overcome her weaknesses.
Jimmydoggga 2.0
<Member>
Jimmydoggga 2.0's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 29, 2015 5:28am | Report
I think there are plenty of Zyra players here, so yeah sure she is,

Basically MOBAFire.
Jovy
<Admin>
Jovy's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 29, 2015 6:09am | Report
I personally think she's pretty bad at the moment, but some people still play her. You're better off playing different champions, but if you want to play Zyra you definitely can. One of her biggest issues is that she's about as squishy as Sona but she has no sustain. You need to be aware of how squishy you are and how easily you could die or lose trades because of it, then act accordingly.

by jhoijhoi
Mooninites
<Member>
Mooninites's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 29, 2015 8:40am | Report
former zyra support main. I would say mostly no. If you're really good at her she can work, but she's a sub-optimal choice. Her damage is actually pretty low right now, she's extremely squishy, and there are other champions that do what she does a lot better. I guess she's viable, but why would you play her?
Thanks for the Signature MissMaw!
MungoGeri
<Member>
MungoGeri's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 29, 2015 10:59am | Report
Zyra main here -- or at least was recently main until tank junglers suddenly became useful again. Zyra does great harassment damage early in the game by using the Frost Queen's Claim line of support items, since the extra damage from the passive increases her plant damage directly. However, I will admit that she was better back when the meta favored supports without sustain -- e.g. Morgana, Thresh, Braum, and Leona. Now that healers have made a bit of a comeback, her harassment has been partially negated. Still, she can hurt people quite well and keep people back with her plants.

My favorite part of Zyra, though, is the fact that she's a hyper carry. As the game goes longer, she gets progressively stronger compared to other champs. It is very common for me to end up with the most damage dealt to champions, even though I am playing support, if the game goes longer than 30 mins. Keep in mind that Zyra wasn't designed to be a support champion. She was designed to be mid-laner mage. People just started finding her useful in a support role once the new support items came out in season 4.

Her biggest weakness, though, is her lack of mobility and early on, her snare just doesn't last very long. So, she can be vulnerable to ganks in lane. You definitely need to ward well, and if you get caught by say an enemy teleporting behind you, look for opportunities to blow up a squishy with a full combo. Often the best way to deal with a gank is to end up with a 1-for-1 trade.
DisturbedFox
<Inhouse Regular>
DisturbedFox's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 29, 2015 11:16am | Report
she sucks but anything can work
1 2 3

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide