Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Is Zyra Viable?

Creator: von19 March 29, 2015 2:47am
25 posts - page 3 of 3
1 2 3
Is Zyra beyond redemption?
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 30, 2015 3:18pm | Report
I specified health and armor because seals and quints is where you'd take hp5 runes. You should only take MR against a high magic damage support, it's kinda pointless against some of the tankier stuff or champions like Janna who just don't deal much magic damage. Also, armor quints are usually not as good as AP or Mpen, but some people like them.

As for the CDR comment, I would never take scaling CDR glyphs on Zyra (or any support, for that matter). The whole point of her is to be extremely oppressive early and flat AP or Mpen are much better choices for that. She already gets 10% CDR for free which furthers the overkill factor of it. Plus, given that tanks are pretty popular, I'd say Morellonomicon will be a fairly common buy and 15% CDR in runes really causes a lot of overcapping CDR if you ever need anything besides Frost Queen's Claim. Which, as a support, it's your job to buy such things as Mikael's Blessing or, even, Locket of the Iron Solari if your team needs them.
Mooninites
<Member>
Mooninites's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 30, 2015 4:12pm | Report
Sirnikolai wrote:

She's extremely squishy so armor wouldn't do as much as MR is needed more of.

I think I just grew an extra chromosome
Thanks for the Signature MissMaw!
Hatted
<Member>
Hatted's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 2, 2015 11:03am | Report
The question you're asking in the poll is pretty weird, but I feel like she's extremely viable mid. She offers a kit similar to that of Lulu/Morgana mid. She has a decent bit of CC with some helpful abilities in teamfights and lane. While she might not be as lethal as say, a Talon or LeBlanc, I feel she's a good mid laner with quite a bit of harass and helpfulness for a team.

But for the love of **** do not go top lane.

Edit: Support's a bit iffy. She has some damage and CC (like a mentioned earlier) but I haven't seen her work as a support in a while. Morgana and her have, imo, very similar kits. The both rely on throwing a root onto an enemy, using their circular spells (One's a dot, while the other is instant damage), but the difference is the shield/plants. Where one has a bit more damage the other is able to protect allies from a potentially really poor situation. I think she works better as a mid laner.
Eyy
Jovy
<Admin>
Jovy's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 2, 2015 11:11am | Report
She was a good mid laner when she got released, but since getting nerfed ages back she's barely viable in mid lane. Like if she's barely okay as a support, why would she be extremely viable (whatever that means, I understood it as "good") in middle?
Hatted
<Member>
Hatted's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 2, 2015 11:28am | Report
Quoted:
She was a good mid laner when she got released, but since getting nerfed ages back she's barely viable in mid lane. Like if she's barely okay as a support, why would she be extremely viable (whatever that means, I understood it as "good") in middle?

Times I've seen her she's been a powerhouse, so I'm speaking on purely my own experience. I can see how she lacks in lane, with the very specific casting area and lack of actual teamfight damage or overall damage. She felt rough against Talon (and I pray lord Vapora agrees/doesn't hate me) and I'd imagine that she's good for counter picking in some areas. But like I said, her ult's good in fights if done correctly and her plants can help a lot in fights, I'd imagine (provided they stay alive).

Once again, this is just my own experience.
Eyy
1 2 3

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide