Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

League of Legends - Jarvan IV Champion Spotlight

Creator: VoiD February 28, 2011 7:10pm
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 2, 2011 4:41pm | Report
Footyballs wrote:

He does struggle with mana problems but not to the point of Manamune.

Exactly. I think flat MP5 seals might solve that problem. Or even going 11points(or more) into utility. Or both :S

I think Frozen Mallet+Atma's+Banshee's+Force of Nature+Ghostblade is the way to go atm. Any opinions?
"Nothing says I like you more than letting you drink my filtered urine." - deityignis

"MY WHOLE LIFE IS A WANK." - WTTNHK

"There are boobs...LOTS OF BOOBS. And then Obama comes out of no where." - JEFFY40HANDS, on Air Gear
Trojan995
<Veteran>
Trojan995's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 2, 2011 4:44pm | Report
Searz wrote:

Exactly. I think flat MP5 seals might solve that problem. Or even going 11points(or more) into utility. Or both :S

I think Frozen Mallet+Atma's+Banshee's+Force of Nature+Ghostblade is the way to go atm. Any opinions?

So much MR, so little armor. replace FoN with a sunfire cape, or a wriggle's lantern if jungling.
Click for one of my awesome builds!
Thanks to Mowen, WrATHofVuLK, and AlexanPT for the signatures! Check out Tristana: The Lane Game, Maokai: The Chu8 Way, and Twisted Fate: Card Games!
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 2, 2011 4:47pm | Report
Right, but don't forget that base armor is about 100 because of his skill. Base MR is about 50. Final stats will be about 150armor and 170-180MR. Not bad, but it might be a little weak on the armor side. Sunfire could be a great addition. And that was just a quick idea, I do think going for Atma's(hp stacking) is great though.
"Moral justification is a powerful disengagement mechanism. Destructive conduct is made personally and socially acceptable by portraying it in the service of moral ends." - Albert Bandura

"Ultimately, if people lose their willingness to recognize that there are times in our history when legality becomes distinct from morality, we aren't just ceding control of our rights to government, but our futures." - Edward Snowden
Considereth
<Member>
Considereth's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 2, 2011 4:59pm | Report
Anyone try trinity force on him yet?

Special thanks to Xiaowiriamu for the banner!

The higher your structure is to be, the deeper must be its foundation. - Augustine
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 2, 2011 5:30pm | Report
It's good, but nothing special. I'm pretty sure there are much better items for him.
Well, I didn't try it myself, but I faced an enemy Jarvan with it.
He was at 1800elo so he can't have been a bad player. Funny thing is that I was outplaying him despite my disadvantages (I started in duo lane, but had to take our solo because our soloer couldn't handle it).
Must be mah skills :) ... And maybe the build :S

How about this then?
Frozen Mallet+Atma's+Force of Nature+Ghostblade+ Banshee's OR Sunfire.
"He cooked cake." - MrCuddowls

"Oh forget it, I have nothing to hid, I admit it, 12 hours of every single day of my life ever since I was eleven years old have been anal sex with canoes" - MrCuddowls
Trojan995
<Veteran>
Trojan995's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 2, 2011 7:35pm | Report
Searz wrote:

It's good, but nothing special. I'm pretty sure there are much better items for him.
Well, I didn't try it myself, but I faced an enemy Jarvan with it.
He was at 1800elo so he can't have been a bad player. Funny thing is that I was outplaying him despite my disadvantages (I started in duo lane, but had to take our solo because our soloer couldn't handle it).
Must be mah skills :) ... And maybe the build :S

How about this then?
Frozen Mallet+Atma's+Force of Nature+Ghostblade+ Banshee's OR Sunfire.

Yeah that's probably best, but maybe in a different order. I'm thinking brutalizer>atma's>frozen mallet>FoN>banshee's/sunfire>ghostblade.
Thanks to Mowen, WrATHofVuLK, and AlexanPT for the signatures! Check out Tristana: The Lane Game, Maokai: The Chu8 Way, and Twisted Fate: Card Games!
Considereth
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 2, 2011 8:16pm | Report
I haven't gotten to play him because I spent all my Ip on another rune book, I have 6 now xD! That build looks solid on him. Does he really need a slow to catch people? Frozen mallet doesn't look like its very good with his ultimate as his ultimate will hold them in place in order for you to do the damage. I haven't tried him yet just throwing out ideas. We need to get together and theory craft the hell out of him.

The higher your structure is to be, the deeper must be its foundation. - Augustine
Queso
<Member>
Queso's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 2, 2011 8:17pm | Report
Not firsthand experience, but I've seen my room-mate play him a few times today. He's been very successful with manamune, just because he can spam the hell out of his abilities with it.

He's gone __ manamune, merc treads, some form of armor, sword of occult, banshee veil, bloodthirster.

Sword of occult seems to be really good on him as Jarvan is incredible at getting assists. You then free yourself up to build real tanky while still being quite strong.
Considereth
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 2, 2011 8:22pm | Report
You could build him similar too this guide:

XLZ's Pantheon Guide:

http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/build/the-hybrid-theory-36750

It might work with Jarvan. If his mana problems are similar to that of Xin Zhao I'll skip Manamune though. You can easily fix the mana issues by going down utility or mana runes. But like I said before, I haven't played him yet xD!

Trojan995
<Veteran>
Trojan995's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 3, 2011 2:44pm | Report

You could build him similar too this guide:

XLZ's Pantheon Guide:

http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/build/the-hybrid-theory-36750

It might work with Jarvan. If his mana problems are similar to that of Xin Zhao I'll skip Manamune though. You can easily fix the mana issues by going down utility or mana runes. But like I said before, I haven't played him yet xD!

Frozen Mallet gives 20 AD, and health, which not only makes him bulkier but gives him Atma's damage. You might be right, however, and the best thing to do is replace frozen mallet with Banshee's so he can get both banshee's and sunfire.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide