Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

League of Legends - Jarvan IV Champion Spotlight

Creator: VoiD February 28, 2011 7:10pm
grimuletz
<Member>
grimuletz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 2, 2011 3:10am | Report
Searz wrote:

I was er... Forced! I prumise!

"eye casts FURgivnezz on ya"

Quoted:
His skills look bloody awesome. His ult might need a buff in duration though.

Edit: Nvm, 3.5sec is great. And LOOK AT THOSE AD RATIOS!
I finally found something to spend my 13k IP on ;]

3.5sec is more than enough. Just found a new champion to hate! eve is finally of the hook haha!
just wondering how long til they nerf him... purely curiosity, he seems ok to me..
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 2, 2011 3:15am | Report
He's probably getting nerfed to some extent. His skillset seems too darn good to keep intact with that much utility and damage. He might have trouble early on though.
"I saw [Twilight: Eclipse] in theaters with a girl I was dating at the time. I spent more time staring at my toes and wiggling them than I did watching this abomination. When Edward proposed to Blank Face, I finally looked up with a revelation.
I blurted out loud, in a dead silent theater full of teenage girls on opening night "Wait a minute, Edward has no blood flow. How does he get an erection?" I heard several men laughing, and had several girls turn and stare at me.

I did not get laid that night." - Berengier817
ExamplePrime
<Member>
ExamplePrime's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 2, 2011 4:21am | Report
(Innate): Jarvan IV's first attack on his target deals 10% of the target's current health as bonus magic damage. This effect cannot occur on the same target for 6 seconds.

What wtf? 0_o
That can't be right
Thats like 15% of your health in a single hit if your a squishie before you even get hit by one of his abilites

This guy is screaming penta-kill with his sheild, passive and ultimate
Shameless plug: www.youtube.com/Exampleprime
---
I play games, I write stories. And I make youtube videos that are way to long.
caucheka
<Veteran>
caucheka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 2, 2011 8:44am | Report
nah hes just the price of assists. i've seen a lot of games with him and he usually tops the assist chart.

as for his ratios. damn thats nice.
I like things that make me feel stupid. - Ken Levine
TheWorldAsunder
<Member>
TheWorldAsunder's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 2, 2011 10:37am | Report
The ratios actually aren't that good considering it's bonus AD and doesn't scale off the base... Well, that is unless you go straight AD, which honestly makes you an instant squish considering you have to be in the fight.
Vaan99
<Member>
Vaan99's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 2, 2011 10:42am | Report

The ratios actually aren't that good considering it's bonus AD and doesn't scale off the base... Well, that is unless you go straight AD, which honestly makes you an instant squish considering you have to be in the fight.

good point, how didn't i notice that?
I should read more carefully :P
Trojan995
<Veteran>
Trojan995's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 2, 2011 11:35am | Report
After playing 2 games with 4 Jarvans in total, I realised his ultimate actually has some potential.

Not only does it close someone in well, it keeps people out. And around.

Basically, you can use your ultimate to separate enemies in the team fight (and allies, butjust let them know what's up). This means that it's best to not ultimate the carry (so that your allies can hit the carry), but to instead ult the tank/support, whichever one is more in the middle. This will split their team in half and take one of their great utility champions out of the fight, so that they'll be separated and out of position.

This works in synergy with Janna's ultimate or Gragas' ultimate, and it can virtually close off the river if placed right.
Click for one of my awesome builds!
Thanks to Mowen, WrATHofVuLK, and AlexanPT for the signatures! Check out Tristana: The Lane Game, Maokai: The Chu8 Way, and Twisted Fate: Card Games!
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 2, 2011 12:24pm | Report

Yea, exactly, he needs some durability and most of the AD items available don't give any.

I just played a game where I got Manamune. It was hilarious. They didn't focus me at all despite the 400dmg per spell and attack(early win). But against good teams that's certainly not the best strategy.
"We've had a few gloomy years with bad console ports, and what do we get in the light at the end of the console-tunnel? A tablet OS ported to PC." - Atlas Tasume, on Windows 8
Footyballs
<Member>
Footyballs's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 2, 2011 2:43pm | Report
I like him. Bought him when I woke up, vsed bots for 5 mins then played a solo queue ranked. Dominated bottom lane, won the game. He's awesome. His ultimate is fine IMO, it still does some good damage while keeping someone from running. If they have an Ashe with no flash, she's dead. He has great chasing and running capabilities. You can E + Q through walls and jump large distances with it. He has a shield/slow and with ultimate if worst comes to worst just ulti them and jump out of it. He does struggle with mana problems but not to the point of Manamune. I built him with

Doran's Shield
The Brutalizer
Mercury's Treads
Aegis of the Legion

forget what else...

Basically tanky DPS is the way to go with him. He has great ratios so you only need a few items to utilize his damage and you can boost his survivability with your other slots.

Overall a very fun and interesting champion.
TheWorldAsunder
<Member>
TheWorldAsunder's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 2, 2011 4:32pm | Report
I've been going jungle jarvan recently. He's actually not bad for it. His ganks are kinda meh till 6, but I can clear jungle reliably at about 4 minutes flat. Also can solo baron at around 16.

Been building:

Wriggles, Merc Treads, Randuins/Banshee, Warmogs (May replace this), Atmas - games usually end around here.

Runes - Armor yellows, CDR blues, ARP reds and health quints.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide