Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

Leona as a Junglar

Creator: MyBloodisBlack March 29, 2014 6:50am
1 2
MyBloodisBlack
<Member>
MyBloodisBlack's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 29, 2014 6:50am | Report
Hello everyone I'm back :D

Recently I had a weird match up that produced a moment of inspiration (for me at least)
Ok first of all, I had set up Leona to be a support champion not a Junglar and I was ready to be a support however due to some wierd trolling by some team mates we ended up with our ADC in Midlane, Nocturne and Evelynn being Bot lane and being the only player with Jungling experience I had to take Jungle.

Now as pointed out I was set up to be a support so I didn't actually have Smite for one (no one did btw) and as a support I was alot weaker than I should be with made even the smallest camps seem difficult and I did die quite a few times because of this however when I had almost given up hope I suddenly went Ganking lanes and oh my god was I in for a shock...Leona actually kicks *** when Ganking :D

by the time I had got to level 3 I was 3 levels behind and died 4 times but it didn't matter because I caught their junglar off guard and took him down quickly then I spotted their ADC out of play and took them down too...It was quite incredible seeing it.

Now despite my best effort we ended up losing badly but I did score a respectable 5-12-9 which I know some of you may say is s**t however please bare in mind all I have told you - No Smite, Support Leona and also I forgot to mention I had brought items to be a support so I actually had to start jungling whilst being a full fledged support champion.

Now I am writing all this because I have never seen a Jungle Leona before and I wondered if others had because I actually do think if I set her up as a Tank Jungler she could very well be pretty strong in that role.

What do you guys think?
"The Wolf eyes the Prey, The Cow eats the hay, One of them is a killer, The other his buffet"
Jimmydoggga 2.0
<Member>
Jimmydoggga 2.0's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 29, 2014 7:01am | Report
The problem with Leona jungle is simply her clear is incredibly bad, and that even with better runes, masteries you still can get counter jungled/fall behind.
Other than that she's probably as good as any other top jungled.

Basically MOBAFire.
Vynertje
<Guide Critic>
Vynertje's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 29, 2014 8:22am | Report
She'd be decent if she could proc her own passive. Her problems are:
  • Low clear speed
  • Low damage in ganks
  • Unreliable pre-6 because E can be sidestepped relatively easily

Her only strong point is strong level 6 CC, but since she lacks damage those ganks aren't that great as well. Jungle meta favors bruisers as well which makes it even harder for tanky junglers
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 29, 2014 8:27am | Report
Yea, jungling meta right now is really stale. Sure you can play Leona (Or any other true tank for that matter) and be tanky with a lot of CC. But you could also just play Vi and be decently tanky with good CC and **** tons of damage and faster clear speed too.
tehAsian
<Veteran>
tehAsian's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 29, 2014 12:03pm | Report
Her only weakness is her clear speed and dueling.

She can't fight any of the top tier junglers in her own jungle and she can't really stop them from stealing her camps since she's so slow at clearing even after items.

Her ganks are spectacular though.
LaCorpse's Signature Cafe

Thanks to Keondre, JhoiJhoi, Xiron, and Arcana3 for the Sigs~!
drakon136
<Member>
drakon136's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 29, 2014 12:11pm | Report
It's not exactly a good thing if a jungler has to buy a Tiamat to be able to clear. However, this does not stop me from buying it on her because I generally get fed enough from ganks to buy it and get away with it.

Also, her damage in ganks is actually pretty good early on.
FalseoGod
<Veteran>
FalseoGod's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 29, 2014 12:30pm | Report
She doesn't have to buy Tiamat, I'd much rather get an ancient golem and a Sheen into triforce (if fed) which makes her burst damage really strong, specially combined with someone else.

She could've been a thing if she could pop her passive herself on neutral monsters
utopus
<Veteran>
utopus's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 29, 2014 1:00pm | Report
I suppose a triforce would help a lot with her mobility too, which can at times seem a little lackluster
If I helped you out, be sure to throw me a +Rep!
-

My Soraka Guide | My Review Service

Thanks a lot for the sig, jhoi! :)
MyBloodisBlack
<Member>
MyBloodisBlack's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 29, 2014 4:33pm | Report
I was thinking something similar to Jungle Vi and working with Ancient Golem, Tri Force, Ninja Tabi, Sunfire cape, Banshees Veil and a Ravenous Hydra
"The Wolf eyes the Prey, The Cow eats the hay, One of them is a killer, The other his buffet"
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 29, 2014 4:35pm | Report
Wishful thinking, but no. There's absolutely NO way you're gonna get that kinda cash as Leona.

Best you're gonna get is GOlem, Tabi, Randuin's and maybe if you're lucky a sheen or spirit visage. (If you even get past randuins)
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide