Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Leona on Livestream

Creator: Luther3000 July 6, 2011 12:10pm
1 2 3
Xenasis
<Member>
Xenasis's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 6, 2011 4:36pm | Report
Nevertheless, her ultimate, unlike Amumus, has a range. She can initiate when others can't, even if she simply uses it to cause people to run out of it, that's a choice for the enemy of being stunned, or running away - at which point, they're open to damage.

I don't think that like Amumu, she can jump into any team and initiate, but she's unique. If she was Amumu, what's the point in her being a new tank? I think Leona needs a specific team comp, for example, an Ashe or Orianna (wow, Orianna and Leona chain ulting :O)
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 6, 2011 4:39pm | Report
Ashe, Orianna, Leona, Amumu... Morgana.
GG teams.
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 6, 2011 4:39pm | Report
Xenasis wrote:

Nevertheless, her ultimate, unlike Amumus, has a range. She can initiate when others can't, even if she simply uses it to cause people to run out of it, that's a choice for the enemy of being stunned, or running away - at which point, they're open to damage.

I don't think that like Amumu, she can jump into any team and initiate, but she's unique. If she was Amumu, what's the point in her being a new tank? I think Leona needs a specific team comp, for example, an Ashe or Orianna (wow, Orianna and Leona chain ulting :O)

I expect she can jump in and initiate fairly well with her E (which incidently has about the same range as Amumu's Bandage and is NOT blocked by minions), and I suppose there are certainly some interesting combinations that could be made with her ult. From what I saw it just seemed a little lacklustre - but then again, I only saw it clearly one or two times, because the first two times Phreak ulted I was typing in this thread, and then the stream was down for most of the rest of the game.

Lugignaf wrote:
Ashe, Orianna, Leona, Amumu... Morgana.
GG teams.

Throw in Sona and Nunu somewhere and you have a deal.
Zeprido
<Ancient Member>
Zeprido's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 6, 2011 9:50pm | Report
Leona Sounds like Amumu, but better at the actual tanking role, if she can jungle I think we have a winner.
Zeprido is currently:Online
If I've helped you at all in any way, or you really like my post click that +Rep button =)
You can always call me Zep for short =D
Feel free to private message me with questions/concerns or if you just want to chat =)
Bloofyre
<Member>
Bloofyre's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 6, 2011 10:42pm | Report
correct me if im wrong, but from what OP has said, it would seem that she is a disabler and not a tank...

Many thanks to The_Nameless_Bard for my epic sig
Trojan995
<Veteran>
Trojan995's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 6, 2011 11:25pm | Report
I can't tell if Leona is really lackluster or looks borderline OP. On one hand, her ult might be ashe-esque power and devastating long-range initiate. On the other hand, she might just be someone who dashes in, disables one person, and kind of just jumps around aloof - basically a CC bot.

Her dash looks really pathetic though, nothing more than an amumu bandage toss (which has high risk as-is, for much greater reward). Her stun looks like it has to be REALLY close range, which might be a deal breaker and forces her to land her grab to really get anything done. However, unlike Amumu, her initiate is not botched if she misses the blink, as she can throw down her ult and still be useful. Her shield - I don't even know, it might be a nuisance, or it might not.

We'll just have to see.
Click for one of my awesome builds!
Thanks to Mowen, WrATHofVuLK, and AlexanPT for the signatures! Check out Tristana: The Lane Game, Maokai: The Chu8 Way, and Twisted Fate: Card Games!
Bloofyre
<Member>
Bloofyre's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 7, 2011 8:24am | Report
Yeah... I'm thinking a bit underpowered from the sound of it... the blink ignoring minions is a bit cool though

Many thanks to Jhoijhoi for my epic sig

If I helped you at all, +Rep
1 2 3

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide