Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Let's talk about magic penetration glyphs.

Creator: Pølsemanden April 25, 2012 11:57pm
1 2
animorte
<Member>
animorte's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 26, 2012 8:59am | Report
Keep in mind that any of those champions can build MR at any point throughout the game. That changes things. It's easy to build defense without losing damage with a lot of the item combinations there are.

I also like to be able to deal that extra damage to champions that aren't my exact targets. Though you may not be fighting them, they will definitely be trying to annihilate you.
Personal habitual activites? Utilizing gargantuan idioms to fabricate intelligence.

"It's a colloquial shorthand that means the paradigm exists because of how the game works mechanically. Hence, "the Meta." Stop being a useless pedant." - PlayGooYa
The Overmyynd
<Editor>
The Overmyynd's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 26, 2012 11:10am | Report
Ok well if they decide to build mres against YOU then the 3 AD based characters on your team will eat them alive when you stun them all with Event Horizon and your role becomes that of a support. The smartest thing for the enemy team to do would be to stack armor to defend against the 3 ad characters on your team and focus you first in teamfights to eliminate the big threat. Besides, Abyssal Mask and/or Void Staff negates the mres they could build while still pumping up your ap. Higher starting ap = better farm w q, which is what you really want to focus on as veigar instead of harass since your skillshot is incredibly easy to avoid, and casting 2 spells for 1 chunk of harass to make sure it lands takes WAY too much mana to be efficient for the damage it does. Im just saying, get ap to help your farm, which is most important in mid, and later on if you notice that the 8.5 mpen from runes, the small percent from masteries, and the 20 mpen from the sorc shoes arent enough, get a void staff or abyssal scepter to compensate, and keep right on truckin'. With all that mpen you get after the shoes, you are essentially dealing truedamage midgame at ten minutes anyway, which is where games are made or lost. Stacking more mpen just wasts slots on your runepage that could have been stacked with stuff that gives you more damage.
Hey, if you liked any advice i gave, be sure to +rep me! Oh, and check out my Shaco and Maokail lorecraft in my Blog! I'm a starving artist in need of attention, so please feel free to read, respond, and critique me! Please? Anybody that leaves a comment (good or bad) will receive a +rep!
Xaioli
<Veteran>
Xaioli's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 26, 2012 3:03pm | Report
Lugignaf wrote:

To be honest, I don't understand why people run full MagPen when 8 MagPen and 1 crit chance mark works just as well.

I imagine it now. In lane, that .93% crit is going to proc and the enemy laner will be like WHAT THE **** YOU CRIT ME
EvilDice
<Shoutcaster>
EvilDice's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 26, 2012 3:17pm | Report
Almost every AP carry in the game has 30 mr. I run 3 mpen glyphs and when you combine that with sorcs you will get, viola, 30 magic pen. True damage to AP carries until they buy MR. No reason to run a full page tho.

Thanks to Anal Samurai for the sig!

twitch.tv/dicetherice - @dicetherice
The Overmyynd
<Editor>
The Overmyynd's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 26, 2012 5:14pm | Report
EvilDice wrote:

Almost every AP carry in the game has 30 mr. I run 3 mpen glyphs and when you combine that with sorcs you will get, viola, 30 magic pen. True damage to AP carries until they buy MR. No reason to run a full page tho.

VIOLA!!! Precisely. Exactly what ive been saying (only a much simpler and easier to understand less round about way)
Hey, if you liked any advice i gave, be sure to +rep me! Oh, and check out my Shaco and Maokail lorecraft in my Blog! I'm a starving artist in need of attention, so please feel free to read, respond, and critique me! Please? Anybody that leaves a comment (good or bad) will receive a +rep!
animorte
<Member>
animorte's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 26, 2012 9:17pm | Report
I'm just saying I like to be prepared for those random people that like to start with MR. I also like being able to deal with those that have MR/level, being most melee champions. The boots I see more than anything else these days are Mercs and that gives more MR than Sorcs can penetrate.
Personal habitual activites? Utilizing gargantuan idioms to fabricate intelligence.

"It's a colloquial shorthand that means the paradigm exists because of how the game works mechanically. Hence, "the Meta." Stop being a useless pedant." - PlayGooYa
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 26, 2012 9:34pm | Report
Xaioli wrote:

I imagine it now. In lane, that .93% crit is going to proc and the enemy laner will be like WHAT THE **** YOU CRIT ME

You'd be surprised how often that happens. Also, I'm pretty sure Spellsy(High elo support player) runs a single crit chance mark. At least, I know a pro does. If it's not Spellsy, dunno who it was then.
Pølsemanden
<Member>
Pølsemanden's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 26, 2012 11:07pm | Report
EvilDice wrote:

thank you. do u run that on all ap's or only veigar?
Ty MM and Blood for the sigs :3 | Rammus is comming back - heard it here first!

"Carrying"-guide | My reviewservice
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide