Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

mid/late game "overlooked"

Creator: theBMB October 2, 2011 12:17pm
1 2 3
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 3, 2011 3:55pm | Report
^ This is pretty true as well.

An effective counter to moral dropping is /ignore. It can be pretty much genuinely necessary in some games. When teams see you make a good play after being silent for 5 minutes and realize they're talking to a wall, their heads come back out of their ***es when you make a good play and they get back into the game.

(Sometimes anyway.)

So yeah keep in mind when a guy is a full ****** who just QQ's nonstop, tell him to stfu and let him know you're /ignoring him.

That combo will generally end the dispute.

Yeah Brand's strongest mid game but he's certainly not a bad champion end game.

Ryze or Karth are better simply because their damage output is more sustained, and sustained damage seems to be the best kind when you have full gear.

Yet, if Brand has full gear and his ult bounces two or three times on a carry, maybe 1-2 other spells land as well, that can be the end of a fight before it even starts. Doesn't matter how late the game goes.

*Shrug.

He just won't have the ability to blow the tanks up as well.
Joobieo#41288
<Member>
Joobieo#41288's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 3, 2011 6:16pm | Report
EvilDice wrote:

Winning early game is most effective in solo queue mainly for the psychological advantage. If, for example, your annie is 3/0 and your vlad is 0/3, the enemy team will start *****ing at vlad, vlad is going to get desperate and force things, as will his team mates, annie is just going to go gank other lanes, and it's just a downward spiral from there.

You see early games lost and late games won in competitive play, but strictly solo queue speaking, it's more psychological than anything. And it works!

Brand is pretty bad lategame and has been for a long time. This is why you are seeing less and less of him in competitive play. Again, he's a champion who's power is pretty hard to match early/mid game, and that's why he's such a popular pick in solo queue.

I've come to realize this game is a lot more mental than people believe.
Current Solo Q Elo = 1405+
Active United States Marine
Malzahar - Ranked Mini Guide / Build
Kassadin - Ranked Mini Guide / Build
theBMB
<Member>
theBMB's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 3, 2011 6:31pm | Report
ah that's the key thing I'm looking for. I think this is something the VAST majority of LoL players don't realize. If you start **** talking your own teammates, you're only guaranteeing your own defeat. It always pisses me off when people start arguing with each other over chat because I know that they'll start (or continue) playing like **** because they're so focused on their own pride that they can't even see straight. Hell, even I can barely focus when other people argue because now I'm starting to worry that they'll make more stupid mistakes and completely prevent us from recovering.

It must be nice being on CLG or TSM, where you're paired with competent, coolheaded people who won't get on your case if you make a small mistake. People who understand what team morale means and how essential it is to victory.

The huge psychological aspect of this game can be pretty demoralizing and lead to losing streaks, It's impossible for me to play competently when I'm a bad mood.
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 3, 2011 6:37pm | Report
theBMB wrote:

It must be nice being on CLG or TSM, where you're paired with competent, coolheaded people who won't get on your case if you make a small mistake.

Clearly you've never watched Hotshot streaming solo queue.
theBMB
<Member>
theBMB's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 3, 2011 6:40pm | Report
ಠ_ಠ

i'm not talking about when they play solo queue, i'm talking about when they're playing in tournaments with their actual team members
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 3, 2011 10:49pm | Report
xDDD HSGG solo q is like hell on earth.

But I love it <3
GoliathGTX
<Member>
GoliathGTX's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 7, 2011 10:23pm | Report
TheJohn wrote:

If you are considering that people get Banshees and MR, casters sure lose damage. But they buy AP and MPen too, so I dont think you are totally right.

I don't think you can chase AP and MPen as fast as opponents buying MR, Banshee and HP so casters tend to lose damage in the late game. Or not losing damage, but it's just that opponents get harder to kill.
1 2 3

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide